Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

my fuckin neighborhood association...!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 04:03 PM
Self proclaimed VILLAGE IDIOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received similar complaints about a month ago. Of course I had a Dynomax Race Bullet muffler with a turndown before the axle and 4 inch pipe... But, that's beside the point.

Anyway, I put a factory catback back onto the car and an electric cutout. I open it up when I feel like pissing off the neighbors.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by YeloFevr
Just don't pay it. They can write fines, but see what happens when the little weasels are face to face with you. I bet nothing happens.
if u dont pay it they take your *** to court...
Old 02-26-2009, 04:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by m6ttop
frame that **** and put it on your wall
i framed my formal complaint against me from my hoa. apparently i party to hard for my bitch single neighbor above to handle. first she wrote me a handwritten note saying and i qoute " the police and the hoa are aware of your late night partying bullshit!!! " i saved that too never liked my hoa. i pay them $131 a month to tell me how to live. ***** em. show em what loud is and they should settle with a little idling...
Old 02-26-2009, 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ndt/oos
i framed my formal complaint against me from my hoa. apparently i party to hard for my bitch single neighbor above to handle. first she wrote me a handwritten saying and i qoute " the police and the hoa are aware of your late night partying bullshit!!! " i saved that too never liked my hoa. i pay them $131 a month to tell me how to live. ***** em. show em what load it can get and they should settle with a little idling...
oh yeah thats right there is a fee we pay also for HOA to tell us how to live..lol
Old 02-26-2009, 05:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone ever see that X-Files episode where if you broke the HOA rules a monster came and killed you?
Old 02-26-2009, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Does it say anything in your contract that you have to abide by it? If it is not against the law then they dont have a leg to stand on.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your car is street legal aka within 95db +/- 1.5 (96.5db max) then there is nothing they can do. Even if its louder, they cant send you to get an inspection, that is your personal property and they have nothing on you except for a complaint. Dont pay the fine, worst they can do if send a private collection agency after you who will not be able to do anything but threaten you with a report to the credit agencies, and legally speaking they cant do ****. Ask me how I know... haha

Just ask nalmak what we did to that guys street down in venice. Lets just say we ******* paved that road in rubber I say we have a meet at your house and all run open headers... Oh and nalmak and I are at your service...
Old 02-26-2009, 08:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am also open to coming by your house with a few of my friends.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:04 AM
Launching!

What a bunch of noobs. When I get home around 1am I come up in like third gear lugging it to be respectful for the nieghbors, and if you do the same, you SHOULD show them what WOT sounds like to show that you are being respectful.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by $O$OE
if u dont pay it they take your *** to court...
at least in court you have a chance at a counter suit for discrimination and the right to face your accuser and make them go thru the trouble as well. it is a bullshit reason but so is theirs.

I hate HOA's, might as well live in apartments.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:43 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you have a ***** in your HOA that wont confront you to your face about your car??............ damn i didnt know you live in the same area as Almostryan
Old 02-27-2009, 12:45 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

HOA's suck. Does your car look anything like mine? We can trade for a week cause mines so quiet and then we can switch back. "I thought the muffler guy fixed it but it just fell off!"

Honestly though, there are a few main solutions I can think of:
1) Ignore it and pay the subsequent fines
2) Install a quieter exhaust and a cutout
3) Move
4) Find someone to talk to in the HOA and show them WOT
5) Get a dB reading for your car and see if it is in the legally acceptable range. If it is, tell them to go **** themselves.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
you have a ***** in your HOA that wont confront you to your face about your car??............ damn i didnt know you live in the same area as Almostryan
Old 02-27-2009, 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

welcome to my life. My neighbor always complain on how i wake up their lil todlers.
I had an old guy tell me to go make noise in another neighborhood. that my car is very disturbing to their ears.lol!
Old 02-27-2009, 01:02 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZexGX
HOA's suck. Does your car look anything like mine? We can trade for a week cause mines so quiet and then we can switch back. "I thought the muffler guy fixed it but it just fell off!"

3) Move
5) Get a dB reading for your car and see if it is in the legally acceptable range. If it is, tell them to go **** themselves.
if you have heard Mike's car in person, you will hear how far from legal his car sounds
Old 02-27-2009, 01:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZexGX

3) Move
you forgot rent the house out and let registered sex offenders, rapist, drug dealers..anything that has a public record rent your place for 50% off or free.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by -98-Z28-Darkness-
you forgot rent the house out and let registered sex offenders, rapist, drug dealers..anything that has a public record rent your place for 50% off or free.
how would dangering innocent kids life's be getting back at 1 asshat?
Old 02-27-2009, 08:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dude i know what you mean. i just installed heads/cam/headers and i start it up and the neighbor walks out and is yelling "turn it off". Then we try to drive it down the street and he apparently called the cops and said it was "too loud". The cop just laughed and said your car is legal and i can't do anything about it. So screw the neighbors. I'm gonna do WOT next time i see him
Old 02-27-2009, 08:54 AM
Self proclaimed VILLAGE IDIOT

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
Same situation that I was in. I wouldn't have a problem if someone were to actually confront me about my car, but damn... send a ******' letter?

I had some guy tell the head of the HOA that he would call the cops on me because he has a "heart condition". I thought about giving him something to really complain about...
Old 02-27-2009, 10:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I had a neighbor scream at me to turn my car off because, not only was it loud..."It smells". WTF?! It runs a little rich (LT's, no cats) when it's cold, but damn.

Quick Reply: my fuckin neighborhood association...!!!