Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

my fuckin neighborhood association...!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 10:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TireSm0ke
If your car is street legal aka within 95db +/- 1.5 (96.5db max) then there is nothing they can do. Even if its louder, they cant send you to get an inspection, that is your personal property and they have nothing on you except for a complaint. Dont pay the fine, worst they can do if send a private collection agency after you who will not be able to do anything but threaten you with a report to the credit agencies, and legally speaking they cant do ****. Ask me how I know... haha

Just ask nalmak what we did to that guys street down in venice. Lets just say we ******* paved that road in rubber I say we have a meet at your house and all run open headers... Oh and nalmak and I are at your service...
Mounds of Rubber..Thats what prolly fucked up my rear end..LOL!!..But the look on that guys face, and all the ladies cheering, and all the dudes saying "**** Them"..HAHA..It was worth it..

Id do it again..

I saw we practice powersliding around the turns in the complex.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:25 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
I had a neighbor scream at me to turn my car off because, not only was it loud..."It smells". WTF?! It runs a little rich (LT's, no cats) when it's cold, but damn.
The LT1 is pretty throatty...Bring that..
Old 02-27-2009, 11:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by transambandit
Does it say anything in your contract that you have to abide by it? If it is not against the law then they dont have a leg to stand on.

well i rent the place i dont own it, they cc'd the owner of the property on the letter so i know he's seen it...guess ill have to roll it out of the garage out to the street and start it there from now on...problem is i live on a hill, gonna be tough pushin it back up
Old 02-27-2009, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

Tell them the economy is rough, and you don't have the money to do something towards they car. It's legal, if they want it fixed, they can pay for it lol.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DobsZ28
Tell them the economy is rough, and you don't have the money to do something towards they car. It's legal, if they want it fixed, they can pay for it lol.

i just cant get over the fact that prople hate on good american muscle like that...itr irratates me bad
Old 02-27-2009, 11:53 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nevrlift13
i just cant get over the fact that prople hate on good american muscle like that...itr irratates me bad
You should hit up JerryBuilt I bet they could make you a siccccckkkkkk FWD Honda that everyone would love

That sucks Mike! **** these bullshit associations
Old 02-27-2009, 12:40 PM
TECH Regular

go eat thier souls....
Old 02-27-2009, 01:18 PM
Teching In

asshats, do that **** on purpose and really give them something to complain about,btw your cars sounds sick!
Old 02-27-2009, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

sounds like we need to have an ls1 tech "meet" at mikes
Old 02-27-2009, 03:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 04cobra13
asshats, do that **** on purpose and really give them something to complain about,btw your cars sounds sick!

it sucks i just got my car back and want to drive it all the time my luck
Old 02-27-2009, 04:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you pay the fine... is that the end of it? can you just pay it, then drive your car like it is now and say screw em...?
Old 02-27-2009, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by m6ttop
frame that **** and put it on your wall
Hahaha nice
Old 02-27-2009, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

damn man that sucks. ive been around HOA's that wont let you plant stuff in your front yard without approval. but damn....who hates trans ams? especially the ones that lope. usually people love it...
Old 02-27-2009, 05:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
if you pay the fine... is that the end of it? can you just pay it, then drive your car like it is now and say screw em...?
not sure, need to reread the letter but it said something about 100.00 AND OR loss of facility privleges ie, pool, workout room etc etc
Old 02-27-2009, 07:13 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Like someone else said, Check the contract, CC&R's or whatever. I have never heard of this. I live in an association myself. maybe have one of the officers or all of them to call a meeting & come to a compromise. Someone is just being a ****. I know assoc. are pretty **** but the loud car **** is over the line imo
Old 02-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Launching!

Man I can't stand ******** like that. I just had this happen to me as well. We live in a condo complex and the H.O.A said that its too noisy and emits dangerous fumes to the surrounding homes. They are trying to tell me to push the car out of the driveway, then start it in the street to warm it up, instead of the fuicking garage I pay for. Plus this gives my wife another reason to try and convince me to buy a family car. WTF?! I think I'm going to run true duals instead of my loudmouth and ory just to spite these *******. God bless america right?? I swear if I'm older and turn into one of the complainers, shoot me on site. Sorry about the hijack and rant, I'm done.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:39 PM
TECH Addict

Hahaha i got hit by these mazi's twice in 2weeks. They made me move my project nova that was way in the corner spot under a cover clear out of the way of anyone's parking spots.

Then when i do move it i start parking in the same spot and get a note on my windwhield say not to park my "RACE CAR" there. It is too loud and a disturbance to the neighbors when i leave in the AM. It is my DD camaro with LT's, catted ORY and Dual/dual exhaust, it is no loud by any means. I know who it was too, probably the same one that bitched about my nova stupid *** old busy body lady.

There is no way in ******* hell i am giving up my spot for anyone. They can kiss my ***, if they complain again i will go out and warm up my car and hold the gas at 3500rpm EVERY morning at 4:30am.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Most HOAs actually cant even charge you for any "fines". My sister works for a company that deals with HOAs and says she knows people who have owed fines for over three years and there isnt **** they can do about it.

I just think its rediculous that they can have that much say in YOUR life. Ill never live somewhere that they can tell me my car is an eyesore because it isnt painted or I cant park my car in the street.

Ive heard of people getting fined when they first move in for having a dirt lawn with n o grass, then they pay for sod and are fined for not submitting plans for the modification.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mrelectric03
i just think its rediculous that they can have that much say in your life. Ill never live somewhere that they can tell me my car is an eyesore because it isnt painted or i cant park my car in the street.
x 10.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MrElectric03
Most HOAs actually cant even charge you for any "fines". My sister works for a company that deals with HOAs and says she knows people who have owed fines for over three years and there isnt **** they can do about it.

I just think its rediculous that they can have that much say in YOUR life. Ill never live somewhere that they can tell me my car is an eyesore because it isnt painted or I cant park my car in the street.

Ive heard of people getting fined when they first move in for having a dirt lawn with n o grass, then they pay for sod and are fined for not submitting plans for the modification.

NO ****, MY LIFE, MY GARAGE, MY CAR...i dont complain about no ones stupid **** with dogs barking or kids toys everywhere...i overlook it and try to be a good neighbor

Quick Reply: my fuckin neighborhood association...!!!