Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Any weightlifters/powerlifters in here?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 03:21 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z
what's a typical leg workout for you guys?
i wake up in the morning and get out of bed

i lift and carry my 330lb *** out of bed everyday.. i work.. i walk ..i sumtimes run when i have to..."not to shabby i might add either" thats a good enough workout for me
Old 06-28-2009, 04:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hlaalu
it's not dangerous if you practice the right technique. there is a mentality out there that the more weight the better, which is not the case. classic example was today at the gym some older guy curling (if you could call it that) over 100lbs. but the way he did it was swing the weight up, arch his back and try to lift the weight up. i can guarantee that guy has back issues.

flexibility shouldn't be an issue if you keep up with it. have you ever seen professional body builders stretching before a show or a work out? these 300lb monsters have as much flexibility as a ballet dancer... it's ridiculous.
or i love the guys that have 500 pounds on the bar and are "shrugging" when all they are doing is moving their head down
Old 06-28-2009, 05:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great post....back in the days when i was gong to the gym 6 days a week i could lift more and run less and now that i started gong back like 5 months ago, i can run way more now but i can lift less???? why is that...im taking protein and all the other weight lifting crap but i just get very tired easily when lifting... and i cant lift as much as i did b4.... im just trying to tone not get huge but i eat well most of the time and take fish oil and eat lots of veggies and fruits and drink lots of water. almonds, pecans, cashews and well point is what can i start taking to be able to last longer when lifting? i never max out on anything i just do lots of reps on diff machines
Old 06-28-2009, 09:25 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 59 camaro
great post....back in the days when i was gong to the gym 6 days a week i could lift more and run less and now that i started gong back like 5 months ago, i can run way more now but i can lift less???? why is that...im taking protein and all the other weight lifting crap but i just get very tired easily when lifting... and i cant lift as much as i did b4.... im just trying to tone not get huge but i eat well most of the time and take fish oil and eat lots of veggies and fruits and drink lots of water. almonds, pecans, cashews and well point is what can i start taking to be able to last longer when lifting? i never max out on anything i just do lots of reps on diff machines
Try hitting free-weights. machines are great, but they are strictly one range of motion, so your muscles are not working as hard as they would be.

Another good endurance technique for lifting is to do "super-sets". so let's say you are doing a bench press, after your set drop down and do 10 push-ups. do the same thing for your next sets. this will help your muscles rely on other sources of energy besides just ATPs.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:26 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by hitmanws6
or i love the guys that have 500 pounds on the bar and are "shrugging" when all they are doing is moving their head down
haha that one is great. lmao.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hitmanws6
Or the 3 inch squat.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 59 camaro
make sure your lifting weights before doing cardio, this could be a reason why your tired during your workout. Like the other post, try to use more free weights, or leave the machine exercise for the end of your workouts. I still like to go heavy even if I'm Bulking or cutting, the only difference is my diet.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i use to powerlift back in highschool! me and my brother, i also got me a state championship ring!

back in the day when i was 17 y/o 5'7" 190lbs

bench - 225

squat - 430

deadlift - 430
Old 06-28-2009, 03:12 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when i was my biggest 6'2" 230, i put up a max of 385, could have maybe gone higher but i got a bum shoulder from Jiu Jitsu.... as far as dead lifts, squats, i never maxed on those , only 12 rep sets for me
Old 06-28-2009, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

dont know max, but i normally do 8-10 reps on bench of 190 for 3 sets, Too hard to do squats and **** while the ship is rocking around. I am looking forward to getting back into a real gym after were back home.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Teching In

everytime i take a leak

Quick Reply: Any weightlifters/powerlifters in here?