Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Test and Tunes @ Famoso

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 11:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Test and Tunes @ Famoso

Well

Going out again to try and better my 60's and get into the 11s..

Ill be there, and my friend Chris in his Pewter formula.. Like to seem more local Ls1tech peoples out there.. so if your there hit us up.. I'll be in the car in my sig..

Later
Jason
Old 07-10-2009, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Tonight?
Old 07-10-2009, 02:57 PM
FormerVendor

We've had our customers 02 Black Z06 out there the last 3-4 test'n'tunes in a row...It should be out tonight again...

Two weeks ago it cracked off a 10.82 @ 129 n/a with a 3300 DA in the head, (LS3 blocked, LS7 headed, 6-speed), hoping for 10.5-10.6's @ 130+ tonight with better air and traction... Then itll be ready to make a few spray passes and get kicked out for no cage.

Last edited by SoCalSpd; 07-11-2009 at 03:51 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:14 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSpd
We've had our customers 02 Black Z06 out there the last 3-4 test'n'tunes in a row...It should be out tonight again...

Two weeks ago it cracked off a 10.82 @ 129 n/a with a 3300 DA in the head, (427" LS7 headed, 6-speed), hoping for 10.5-10.6's @ 130+ tonight with better air and traction... Then itll be ready to make a few spray passes and get kicked out for no cage.
i dont get why that car is going faster.... my c6 z with ls7 heads (stock intake port, wcch exhaust port, milled .030") our custom grind 239-251 114+3 .661", our ported intake, kooks long tubes, and vararam , runs 10.6 @ 135 mph at Cali Speedway at around 3200DA, i know my car would go faster at famoso... i would think your shop car would run similiar time considering the weights are similiar
Old 07-11-2009, 03:18 AM
FormerVendor

I expect the average guy to not understand why cars do/don't run certain #'s on a new combo...but little suprised to hear that from an "experienced" shop owner/builder/racer..

This is not my shop car...this is a customers street car. My shop car will be at the Pinks All Out race at Famoso,...(LS powered/F2 procharged foxbody). Hope to see other LS shops best offerings at the race..

I took the car out twice with the rev limiter/shift points set low, leaving soft/driving soft to make sure all the bugs are sorted out on the car... Im not big on beating on customers stuff hard, I'll leave that to them. Its their car, let them have the glory of putting down a good #.

This car has made one trip to the track with the customer driving the car for the first time two weeks ago, his first passes at the track in almost two years, learning to drive the car. He cracked 10.82 @ 129 with a 1.78 60' spinning hard. It was his first time using the 2-step etc, he'll get it sorted etc. It went 1.5 60' fts with the old 346" motor..hes got 2-3 tenths left just in the 60 foot.

Actually car is a bit under 427 inches (I guess i misspoke above), with a budget LS3 blocked deal with some LS7 heads setup to fit the smaller bore, ported ls7 intake. Im not a big fan of the lack of rear gearing and the M12 geared tranny either but he likes it. Motor cost ALOT less than a LS7 blocked or resleeve block deal.... Its made 585 at the tire, so i'm sure ill see quicker and quicker as he gets more seat time and gets it to hook.

Last edited by SoCalSpd; 07-11-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I expect the average guy to not understand why cars do/don't run certain #'s on a new combo...but little suprised to hear that from an "experienced" shop owner/builder/racer..

This is not my shop car...this is a customers street car. My shop car will be at the Pinks All Out race at Famoso,...(LS powered/F2 procharged foxbody). Hope to see other LS shops best offerings at the race..

I took the car out twice with the rev limiter/shift points set low, leaving soft/driving soft to make sure all the bugs are sorted out on the car... Im not big on beating on customers stuff hard, I'll leave that to them. Its their car, let them have the glory of putting down a good #.

This car has made one trip to the track with the customer driving the car for the first time two weeks ago, his first passes at the track in almost two years, learning to drive the car. He cracked 10.82 @ 129 with a 1.78 60' spinning hard. It was his first time using the 2-step etc, he'll get it sorted etc. It went 1.5 60' fts with the old 346" motor..hes got 2-3 tenths left just in the 60 foot.

Actually car is a bit under 427 inches (I guess i misspoke above), with a budget LS3 blocked deal with some LS7 heads setup to fit the smaller bore, ported ls7 intake. Im not a big fan of the lack of rear gearing and the M12 geared tranny either but he likes it. Motor cost ALOT less than a LS7 blocked or resleeve block deal.... Its made 585 at the tire, so i'm sure ill see quicker and quicker as he gets more seat time and gets it to hook.
lol i was giving you a compliment, saying that combo should fly....... but you got on the defensive..... then again you are so much more "experienced" then i..... that is why your rep is a fraction of what our rep is..... sorry but the truth... sorry bro
Old 07-14-2009, 06:18 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
lol i was giving you a compliment, saying that combo should fly....... but you got on the defensive..... then again you are so much more "experienced" then i..... that is why your rep is a fraction of what our rep is..... sorry but the truth... sorry bro
+1

He was trying to compliment you.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-14-2009, 10:58 PM
Teching In

Pics of your fox?
Old 07-14-2009, 11:11 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS

It sounded more like a "whats wrong with your car, mine runs 10.5 @ 136 with only such and such"...

message board / internet REP??????? lol...geez...I dont think thats too big of a concern here or we'd sponsor if I needed the work....Ryne, ill buy you a beer sometime, dont be so thin skinned...

Shop vs shop comparisons lead to no positive outcomes from my experience..just makes you look bad to both of your customers...everyones in this for the same reason and hopefully alot of bad *** cars come out everyones perspective shops..

Last edited by SoCalSpd; 07-14-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn everyones been kinda touchy these last couple of days
Old 07-15-2009, 12:54 AM
11 Second Club

ok guys go find a ford and pick on him it will make you feel better. lol at least thats what i do.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:17 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by orangefun
ok guys go find a ford and pick on him it will make you feel better. lol at least thats what i do.
Hey Ben...my wife says your 73 blown blazer has heads up with her TBSS....I'm pretty sure we have to run them next time I see ya
Old 07-15-2009, 09:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well hopefully I get up there in time to run before they stop doing TnT, POssibly moving up there around september, we need to finish the start of the project then i go up and verify everything is cool and stay up there, so.... I am sure I will be seeing some of you there at Famoso and around bakersfield.

Quick Reply: Test and Tunes @ Famoso