Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Ls1Adam84 is apparently done...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 06:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ls1Adam84 is apparently done...

Drinking.

I had some blood work done a couple weeks back, just normal routine work, I go to my Dr. earlier this week and he says lets go over the good news, everything looks great, cholesterol is good, blood looks great, then he says your liver looks like crap, apparently I am a few points over on my liver tests.

Soo the causes are possible liver failure, hep b and/or c, or liver cancer.

hep b and c are pretty much a no go he just wants to rule that out when I do further testing, he says I have none of the other symptoms, but the liver failure and cancer are possible.

I had taken a couple vicodin the night before my blood work to calm my back muscles (everyone in my amily has screwed up backs). I thought this could be the cause I have heard mixed reviews that it can cause your blood work to show high, and I have heard from other people that no it will not do that.

So yeah thats about the skinny of it, a lesson learned don't take your liver for granted, apparently it is a vital organ lol.

The only thing I wanted to do afterwards was thought otherwise in case my liver says screw you Im out.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

"Mind, heart, and a liver, take one out and you bring down the beast"

Probably a misquote from Reign of Fire. And yes is is vital. Are there plans to run more tests on a future date?
Old 02-26-2010, 06:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
"Mind, heart, and a liver, take one out and you bring down the beast"

Probably a misquote from Reign of Fire. And yes is is vital. Are there plans to run more tests on a future date?
Yeah plans to run more tests, they are goig to be testing for liver function and hepatitus (dr. said this is my choice to test for but he doe not think it as I have no other symptoms) and also cancer. Once I get the tests done and we meet back up with the Dr. we will find out.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lets all raise our glasses to you and have a drink.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Yeah plans to run more tests, they are goig to be testing for liver function and hepatitus (dr. said this is my choice to test for but he doe not think it as I have no other symptoms) and also cancer. Once I get the tests done and we meet back up with the Dr. we will find out.
Are you going to get tested by an Oncologist?
Old 02-26-2010, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nahh right now it is just more blood work, I am going back to the blood test lab place and they will be doing different tests I guess.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ssteven
Lets all raise our glasses to you and have a drink.
Heck yeah I would join in too, lol. Well maybe not.. dang hahaha.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

Curious, how much/often did you usually drink?
Old 02-26-2010, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn dude, i feel bad for always telling you to come drink with me.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:07 PM
10 Second Club

Hey A, Don't count ur self out man, my wife, her sister have high liver counts and they DON'T HAVE CANCER!!!!!!..and they don't drink. it's just there makeup.....i have a high prostate count which can also indicate cancer, some people live with high level counts.........btw my Doctor's is Dr. Killpatient...ha....
Old 02-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

Srry to hear that hopefully everything goes well but in the meantime I will have a sol to ur health n don't stress to much u don't need to drink to have fun
Old 02-26-2010, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hlaalu
damn dude, i feel bad for always telling you to come drink with me.
LOL nah man no worries I would have but thats a long as drive to do after drinking.

Originally Posted by geovett
Hey A, Don't count ur self out man, my wife, her sister have high liver counts and they DON'T HAVE CANCER!!!!!!..and they don't drink. it's just there makeup.....i have a high prostate count which can also indicate cancer, some people live with high level counts.........btw my Doctor's is Dr. Killpatient...ha....
LOL George thanks for the good news lol, but no one in my family has high counts of anything....lol.

pwterss thanks man I am just treating it like nothing till I get final test results that say something is for sure but for now no more drinking.. dang an activity I was really good at LOL.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:54 PM
Staging Lane

I'll tell you what if ur results come back not so great n u can't drink anymore **** it I've been lookin for an excuse not to drink anymore I'll join you in the no drinkin to save the liver campaing I will swear to that life is good we should all strive to remember most of it n try not to have as many of thoes drunken black outs lol
Old 02-26-2010, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL the blackouts would be nice, but I never got to a point of blacking out.. sometimes I wish I had lol.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't worry Adam, once they rule out cancer, down a few vitamin V's and a sixer and be good.

There are different levels of liver failure too, so don't worry just yet. The liver is the only organ that can regenerate.

Personally, I would be more fearful of the Hep.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Don't worry Adam, once they rule out cancer, down a few vitamin V's and a sixer and be good.

There are different levels of liver failure too, so don't worry just yet. The liver is the only organ that can regenerate.

yup and actually they have done studies that show lungs can repair themselves when given enough up time (talking about smokers)
Old 02-27-2010, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

dude i have high hopes that youll be fine. unless u shared needles with pam anderson then your definetly screwed. as soon as the doc says your good ill throw u a huge kegger! u can hold me to it
Old 02-27-2010, 12:27 AM
Launching!

Dude the hep would suck. How much do u drink anyways in a given week? I always knew you were always a calm/relaxed dude - guess the alc helped lol. Hopefully it was the vicodin from the night before. Hmm... maybe I should stop drinking this vodka sittin next to me... naaaaaaah. Best of luck dude. Hopefully it's nothing. But yah... TOO much alcohol is no bueno.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Chin-up! I'm sure things will work out, just keep enjoying the little things in life, because life's to precious not to!
Old 02-27-2010, 08:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MSS91Z28
Curious, how much/often did you usually drink?
I missed this one, when I turned 21, I am 25 now, I would go through a bottle of jack daniels a night, I would buy the full handles frequently and go through one of those, plus a whole bunch of beer, I stopped drinking for a year when I was 23 or there abouts, recently I have only drank maybe once a week and only a few beers at that, the past couple weeks maybe more than a few beers, but nothing major at least for me.

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry

Yeah the hep is kinda one of those things the Dr. does not really think because I have nothing else as far as symptoms. Ohh well if they say I am good i will drink again lol.

Originally Posted by LustrousWS6
Dude the hep would suck. How much do u drink anyways in a given week? I always knew you were always a calm/relaxed dude - guess the alc helped lol. Hopefully it was the vicodin from the night before. Hmm... maybe I should stop drinking this vodka sittin next to me... naaaaaaah. Best of luck dude. Hopefully it's nothing. But yah... TOO much alcohol is no bueno.
Nooo I was not always drunk lol, no don't put the bottle down as bry said lifes too short, just don't drink like that every night of the week lol.

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
Chin-up! I'm sure things will work out, just keep enjoying the little things in life, because life's to precious not to!
Ohh yeah man, just kinda like weird stuff, and more of a hey guys watch out unless you want to be 25 and have this shenanigans to worry about.

Quick Reply: Ls1Adam84 is apparently done...