Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

who's blk SS is at elite auto collision?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who's blk SS is at elite auto collision?

I was there yesterday dropping off my manifold to get repainted and i saw a blk SS from this forum there.Adrian said the guy was from fresno.it's a bad *** car. it had c5 wheels,corsa clones tips and a 500hp Ls1 zr1 style emblem on the rear pannel. cant wait to see what its going to look like when its done.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Saw that car at inavsion last year.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hows it going, it's my car that's down at Adrian's shop. It's Luis right? I actualy saw you at Invasion last year. Not sure if you remember but I thought your sign that you have next to your car at shows was gonna fall over and hit your right front fender. I lunged for it, but it ended up just being uneven and it didn't end up falling. I felt kind of stupid, but at least I would have caught it if it fell, lol. I'm stoked to get my car back, I talked to Adrian today and he said its coming out real nice. Oh and its a Z28 not a true SS like yours sir. Haha. I was going to go to Invasion again this year, but my retard of a friend decided to get married on the 29th. The dumb bastard. Oh and your car being posted on the "Good Deal on Paint" thread sealed the deal on me driving 5 hours to get the car painted. I knew that if you trusted him with your car, then he probably does amazing work. I can see how particular you are about your car.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

lol! yeah i remember you bro. I'm sure the car will turn out great. they offer lifetime warranty so it doesnt get better than that. the car looks really good as it sat minus the paint being sanded off.what's all done to it?
Old 05-21-2010, 12:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Too much, lol. Sometimes I can only laugh at how much money I've put into it over the years, but haven't we all. Fully forged 346 built and put in Summer 2008, Tick Built stage 2 T-56, and stock 10-bolt. Lots of other supporting mods, full exhaust, Monster Level 5 clutch, Tick m/c, etc. Lowered on Stranos and KYB AGX's, UMI LCA's and brackets, UMI PHB. Just to name a few, haha.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Blk98ls1
Too much, lol. Sometimes I can only laugh at how much money I've put into it over the years, but haven't we all. Fully forged 346 built and put in Summer 2008, Tick Built stage 2 T-56, and stock 10-bolt. Lots of other supporting mods, full exhaust, Monster Level 5 clutch, Tick m/c, etc. Lowered on Stranos and KYB AGX's, UMI LCA's and brackets, UMI PHB. Just to name a few, haha.
Where's the power adder?
Old 05-21-2010, 06:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

No power adder yet. First in line is the rearend. No sense in having more power if the 10-bolt can't even safely handle the power it makes right now N/A, or at least I think so, haha. You are right though in asking since I did build the motor with a power adder in mind. Although I still have no clue which one I will go with; Nitrous, Supercharger, or Turbo. To be honest I have no clue which will be better for my application or whether I will be able to use either of the three.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

No power adder yet. First in line is the rearend. No sense in having more power if the 10-bolt can't even safely handle the power it makes right now N/A, or at least I think so, haha. You are right though in asking since I did build the motor with a power adder in mind. Although I still have no clue which one I will go with; Nitrous, Supercharger, or Turbo. To be honest I have no clue which will be better for my application or whether I will be able to use either of the three.
What compression ratio did you build the block to?
Old 05-21-2010, 07:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's either 11:1 or 10.5:1 I can't for the life of me remember what we ended up deciding on. Either way is there a big difference between the two? What exactly affects CR? Maybe I can figure out the exact number with a little help. I remember talking about the CR maybe being to high to run forced induction and probably going to have to run nitrous, but like I said I haven't educated my self about any of these things yet. You can probably shed some light on this for me.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with that compression ratio you would be better suited for the bottle.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice list.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

It's either 11:1 or 10.5:1 I can't for the life of me remember what we ended up deciding on. Either way is there a big difference between the two? What exactly affects CR? Maybe I can figure out the exact number with a little help. I remember talking about the CR maybe being to high to run forced induction and probably going to have to run nitrous, but like I said I haven't educated my self about any of these things yet. You can probably shed some light on this for me.
Find out exactly what it is and then you will know what you can and can not run on it. It sounds like it's on the high side. But with a conservative tune and the right amount of meth, you can still go FI. Just depends on how much power you want to make.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:28 PM
10 Second Club

If your going to go FI and want to run pump gas I would go somewhere in the 9:5.1 to 8:x.1 depending on how much boost you plan to run. My CR is 10:1.1 with 15 psi but im using e85.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

After doing some light reading on tech, from what I can gather CR can be changed by putting on a different set of heads and even by the type of gasket which is used between the heads and the block. Also the lower your CR is the more boost you can run. With higher CR you can run low boost, but you can increase the boost if you run meth, E85, or by taking timing out of the tune. I figure I will probably go with nitrous and if I want to go FI I can slap a different set of heads on there and/or run meth, E85, a safer tune. If I am wrong in any way someone please correct me as this is what I can gather by reading only a few threads.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

After doing some light reading on tech, from what I can gather CR can be changed by putting on a different set of heads and even by the type of gasket which is used between the heads and the block. Also the lower your CR is the more boost you can run. With higher CR you can run low boost, but you can increase the boost if you run meth, E85, or by taking timing out of the tune. I figure I will probably go with nitrous and if I want to go FI I can slap a different set of heads on there and/or run meth, E85, a safer tune. If I am wrong in any way someone please correct me as this is what I can gather by reading only a few threads.
Pretty much what you said is right on. You'll only decrease your compression ratio if the new heads you put on have larger combution chambers than the ones you currently have on there.

Quick Reply: who's blk SS is at elite auto collision?