Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

My 1962 Corvette was stolen

Old 08-21-2013, 02:10 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My 1962 Corvette was stolen

Hello,

My wife an I attended the Monterey Rolex Motorsports Reunion this past weekend (08-16 through 08-18).

Unfortunately on the evening of 08-17, somebody stole our '62 Corvette. We had owned this car for over 20 years. The thieves stole the car between the hours of 08:45 an 09:30 PM, and stole it directly from the B&B we were staying at.

The thieves were extremely brazen as there were at least eight people (other Inn Guests), having dinner in the atrium less than 20' away from where the car was parked.

The car was parked up next to the B&B, and was completely obscured from the main street and just a small corner visible from the side street.

Anyway, I'm trying to get the word out there asking people to keep a lookout for this vehicle.

If you have any information, please contact me (Pat), @ 916 719-9442

Old 08-21-2013, 02:22 AM
TECH Resident

Sucks to see so many cars stolen lately, especially something like a '62 Vette. I hope you find the ***** who stole it!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful car! Sorry to hear the circumstances, and I hope it is returned to you undamaged.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:41 PM
Launching!

I ******* hate car thieves!! they should be shot onsite!! hope you find your ride!
Old 08-23-2013, 10:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is such a beautiful car. Thieves **** me off, go earn it the same way everyone else does...

Good luck and I hope they find your car and get the dirt bags that stole it.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

It would also help if you post up a general parts list. I dont want to get you down about the thought of someone chopping her cuz she is beautiful but thieves aren't going to keep it or sell it as is. If there is a list of unique goodies we can identify them in local craigslist ads.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:37 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ryridesmotox
It would also help if you post up a general parts list. I dont want to get you down about the thought of someone chopping her cuz she is beautiful but thieves aren't going to keep it or sell it as is. If there is a list of unique goodies we can identify them in local craigslist ads.
Actually...a car like that is more than likely already loaded in a container heading over seas..
Old 08-25-2013, 07:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by oChristiano
Actually...a car like that is more than likely already loaded in a container heading over seas..
He is correct...

The rarity of the car alone makes it more valuable whole than in pieces....
Old 08-28-2013, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

I hope you find your beautiful car....
Old 08-30-2013, 02:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
He is correct...

The rarity of the car alone makes it more valuable whole than in pieces....
You assume that the pieces of human filth that stole this beauty give a **** about the value of a car like this. They are probably junkies looking to fill their veins with nuclear waste. Hopefully they rot in hell either way.

In a way I think it would be less of a horror story if it was kept all in one piece. It looked very well done. It is a shame either way
Old 09-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Launching!

I thought it was recovered ? In San Jose ?
Old 09-03-2013, 10:04 PM
Teching In

It was http://forums.corvetteforum.com/anno...php?f=45&a=206 .
Old 09-04-2013, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

From the OP in regards to finding it. Apparently a forum corvetteforum members uncle saw the car in what looks like Downtown San Jose area. Damn glad they found it.

Popop! You and you're Uncle Richard are AWESOME!!!!!

I couldn't believe it when I viewed the picture after asking your uncle to send it to me.

I knew (immediately), that it was our car! I was stunned!!! I never thought we would see the car again.

Your uncle stated that the only item he wanted for his reward was to drive the car around the block. Not only will he be able to drive around the block, but you will be able to drive it as well.

Then, at the very least I want to treat you guy's and your family members to a dinner of your choice at Original Joe's!!

The power of the internet, and specifically this Corvette Forum has proven to be the ticket for the return of our car.

Thank you to the both of you!!!

I'm still in shock (again)!!

I can only assume there was just too much heat surrounding this particular '62. This car was posted everywhere!!! Several newspapers as well as the Cruisin News of which Mr. John Sweeney graciously placed a half page ad to assist for the search of our Corvette!

Also, thanks go to all who assisted with posting and re-posting my threads throughout the internet world.

Of course none of this would be possible without the assistance of friends, and more specifically Les and Kathy Nunes for spending a vast amount of their time forwarding emails, contacting and conferring with several different agencies.

As for the car itself, it's actually in pretty rough shape. The thieves must have decided to use it as an off road vehicle. There are several scrapes, and damage under the vehicle itself. The car also has several visible scratches and scrapes around the entire body of the vehicle.

Bottom line is that it's great to have our Corvette back. There's nothing that can't be repaired on the vehicle. They did take our hardtop, so I'll be watching for that on the Craig's list site, as well as ebay.

I'll take some pics and post them up tomorrow.

Thanks again to all for your support and assistance.

Just as I used to say as a Fire Captain; Independently we are nothing, collectively we become a force that can overcome most all challenges!

It's due to the collective efforts of all here (friends and strangers alike), we were able to overcome what I thought was the impossible!

Thanks again,

Pat and Terry Monahan
Old 09-05-2013, 09:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice, glad this one ended well.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:25 AM
On The Tree

Great News.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bitchin, great news... Now pull some finger prints and let me know so I can bring some justice their way.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My 1962 Corvette was stolen