Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

anyone near san diego with a boosted fbody?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 08:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Default anyone near san diego with a boosted fbody?

Just seeing if anyone with a boosted fbody would like to give me a ride in their car. Im visiting the area for a few months and then once i get back im planning on going with boost at some point so would like to take a ride in a turbocharged and supercharged fbody if possible to feel the differences in how they behave. I live in hawaii so i figure i would have a better chance of getting ride alongs out here.
Old 01-26-2016, 11:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you cant when you comeback here thiers a guy with a blk.4th gen like yours hes boosted I believe its a D1SC blower in his car.hangs out with us on sat. nights at starbucks pearl city walmart.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:33 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 35th SS
If you cant when you comeback here thiers a guy with a blk.4th gen like yours hes boosted I believe its a D1SC blower in his car.hangs out with us on sat. nights at starbucks pearl city walmart.
Oh yeah i actually may know who your talking about. If we are talking about the same person it is a black ss with hre wheels and aftermarket headlights and has a 408ci stroker and a d1 blower and is an auto. If thats the same car he used to be on my ship and i was supposed to check his car out a while ago but never got a chance. He got it about 4 months ago or so with all the mods already done to it but i think something is off with that car since he only made about 50 more hp then my friends n/a 402ci gto.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:41 PM
TECH Addict

yes thats him with the car.last time I talked to him has tuning issues.not sure if he got it fixed.when you coming back?
Old 01-28-2016, 10:30 PM
12 Second Club

Be back mid April...funny thing is i told him not to buy that car cuz he had no idea what he was getting into, hopefully he can get it ironed out.
Old 01-30-2016, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

I would say the same thing too.guess he got tempted cause its built already.Its just passing the problem from one owner to you.Its the risk you take I guess.Might see him tonight Ill ask if he got it fix.Ill see you around when you comeback.
Old 01-31-2016, 04:50 AM
12 Second Club

I would say the same thing too.guess he got tempted cause its built already.Its just passing the problem from one owner to you.Its the risk you take I guess.Might see him tonight Ill ask if he got it fix.Ill see you around when you comeback.
Yeah people get tempted when they see a "built" car. One of my friends that is also out in hawaii bought a gto right before getting stationed out there. He bought it because it had a 402ci stroker however there was a bolton gto also for sell at the time for about 8 grand less and i told him to buy that instead. Well of course he didn't listen and now he has basically replaced everything including having the motor rebuilt on the "built" gto he bought. The car was literally broken for like a year.
Old 01-31-2016, 01:55 PM
TECH Addict

I guess lesson learned on that one.

seen him last night and talked to him about his car.still not fix.hes running around with no gauges to monitor fuel afr and boost or not working right.hes getting ready to leave but not sure when exactly maybe when you comeback around April.car sounds nice but cant really get on it or WOT.thats no fun.
Old 01-31-2016, 02:37 PM
12 Second Club

I guess lesson learned on that one.

seen him last night and talked to him about his car.still not fix.hes running around with no gauges to monitor fuel afr and boost or not working right.hes getting ready to leave but not sure when exactly maybe when you comeback around April.car sounds nice but cant really get on it or WOT.thats no fun.
Yeah that's pretty pointless..i have seen him around base and yeah it sounds good but what is the point of having a built motor and blower if you can't use it. But oh well guess he will learn from this
Old 01-31-2016, 04:47 PM
TECH Addict

Ill see you around when you get back.

Just finish my widebody on my C6 this month.Im happy with it.Just needs to get itpainted around April.Have a safe trip coming back to the island.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:01 PM
12 Second Club

Ill see you around when you get back.

Just finish my widebody on my C6 this month.Im happy with it.Just needs to get itpainted around April.Have a safe trip coming back to the island.
Oh nice i definitely gotta check it out when i get back
Old 01-31-2016, 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

Teaser pic.ZR1 clone with no badges.youll see it in person.

Quick Reply: anyone near san diego with a boosted fbody?