Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

I wish mike morgan was still around....

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 11:38 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I wish mike morgan was still around....

because i would strangle him. i just pulled my 383 LT1 built by him out of my TA, unbolted the head, and to my surprised i see that the pistion made contact with the heads, broke a large portion of the ringland off, i am pissed, this motor only has like 5,000 miles on it, i am pissed, **** morgan. just wanted to share my frustrations.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe this is the reason why he's not around? Man you are having some bad luck lately. Oh and your right, making a Goat a race car is stupid. Lost to an EVO 9 last night, but its bone stock, and my wheelhop is amazing. Anyways back to a TA for racing.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:59 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Flash99
Maybe this is the reason why he's not around? Man you are having some bad luck lately. Oh and your right, making a Goat a race car is stupid. Lost to an EVO 9 last night, but its bone stock, and my wheelhop is amazing. Anyways back to a TA for racing.
from a dig or roll
Old 07-02-2006, 05:25 AM
11 Second Club

from a dig... took him off the line the second time, amazingly enough, he had a bad launch but he caught up with me about 1/2 track and pulled. I'll have a video up shortly.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
because i would strangle him. i just pulled my 383 LT1 built by him out of my TA, unbolted the head, and to my surprised i see that the pistion made contact with the heads, broke a large portion of the ringland off, i am pissed, this motor only has like 5,000 miles on it, i am pissed, **** morgan. just wanted to share my frustrations.
Sorry to hear all the bad luck you have had.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

Damm dude that sucx's. It must be my badd carma from my car thats some how drifted over to you. ha! (knock on wood)
Old 07-02-2006, 02:24 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Flash99
from a dig... took him off the line the second time, amazingly enough, he had a bad launch but he caught up with me about 1/2 track and pulled. I'll have a video up shortly.
yeah those cars run pretty strong, they are light, and geared low, compared to our cars, that weigh so much and geared taller.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

well you'll have another piston to add to the collection.

I'm going to get them chromed and mounted on a plaque for you with the Car, power and best times.

I expect the same too when my motor goes.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Juiced
well you'll have another piston to add to the collection.

I'm going to get them chromed and mounted on a plaque for you with the Car, power and best times.

I expect the same too when my motor goes.
i will, man, i **** up motor lol
Old 07-02-2006, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

i can find him for ya Ryne i've got access to email address for Army folks
Old 07-02-2006, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

mike.morgan2@us.army.mil

not sure if that's him or not but everyone in the army has to have this email account, got a number too.314-263-4157

good luck
Old 07-02-2006, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kens_02SS
mike.morgan2@us.army.mil

not sure if that's him or not but everyone in the army has to have this email account, got a number too.314-263-4157

good luck
Thanks ken,

i'm sure there are alot of people who would love to have this info.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

that' s fucked up brother!
Old 07-03-2006, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

That is why I build my own motors. Rex that builds a&a's motors is the only local person that I would trust assembling a motor. If you need a guy to redo your lt1 give him a buzz. It does seem like you have had a lot of crappy luck lately. Hope it turns around for you.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by strokedls1
That is why I build my own motors. Rex that builds a&a's motors is the only local person that I would trust assembling a motor. If you need a guy to redo your lt1 give him a buzz. It does seem like you have had a lot of crappy luck lately. Hope it turns around for you.

That guy has built a number of **** engines for A&A.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Juiced
Thanks ken,

i'm sure there are alot of people who would love to have this info.
no problem, glad i can help
Old 07-04-2006, 02:42 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by zipdog
That guy has built a number of **** engines for A&A.
and if you notice andy is selling alot of scroggin-dickey motors now, rex's motors, especially strokers, would burn oil like a ****, most of them needed, band-aid, such as a vacuum pump, stop some of the oil consumption.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im not defending any vendor but you have in NO way proved that the builder was at fault. In fact.....you may have even already gotten the builder off the hook. You state that the ring land broke off.....well, how do you know that the piston hit the head first? Or did the ring land break then hit the head? It seems very od to me that only one piston would hit the head....and I doubt that all but a few street engines are in any danger of the piston hitting the head. Ofcourse the only real way for it to occur is aluminum rods, strecthing in already close ussually race engine parameters, or rod bolts streching causing massive rod knock also.

You on the other hand prob do not have aluminum rods, and if it was a rod bolt problem then either it was faulty or you massively abused the engine by over revving, again I admit highly unlikely.

THAT leaves......massive detonation......that would break the piston first then beat the hell out of the head. OFCOURSE detonation is probably more the fault of the user or the tuner then the builder but hey WTF....right.

So have you talked to the tuner? Stated the timing? The ambient temp? The engine operating temp? The cam size? The compression ratio? Wether or not the wife or son or daughter may have or may not have fueled it up? with 87 .......? hhhmmmmmmmm lets not jump to conclusions......

the possibilities.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:41 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1320
Im not defending any vendor but you have in NO way proved that the builder was at fault. In fact.....you may have even already gotten the builder off the hook. You state that the ring land broke off.....well, how do you know that the piston hit the head first? Or did the ring land break then hit the head? It seems very od to me that only one piston would hit the head....and I doubt that all but a few street engines are in any danger of the piston hitting the head. Ofcourse the only real way for it to occur is aluminum rods, strecthing in already close ussually race engine parameters, or rod bolts streching causing massive rod knock also.

You on the other hand prob do not have aluminum rods, and if it was a rod bolt problem then either it was faulty or you massively abused the engine by over revving, again I admit highly unlikely.

THAT leaves......massive detonation......that would break the piston first then beat the hell out of the head. OFCOURSE detonation is probably more the fault of the user or the tuner then the builder but hey WTF....right.

So have you talked to the tuner? Stated the timing? The ambient temp? The engine operating temp? The cam size? The compression ratio? Wether or not the wife or son or daughter may have or may not have fueled it up? with 87 .......? hhhmmmmmmmm lets not jump to conclusions......

the possibilities.
i guess you have never heard of excessive piston rock, or piston slap, every engine does it to a certain extent, because the rings are fused to the cylinder wall, piston rock is sometimes worse in other case, such as loose setup like nitrous motor, which mine was built, but never sprayed. the only way to prevent contact with the cylinder head would be, a comfort zone if you will, such a properly set deck height. Morgan motorsports is a joke, and built horrible engines, do a search and find out. as for detonation, Mike Morgan tuned it also, and no else has filled that car up with gas except me., thank you, but detonation was not the problem.

Last edited by RyneZ06; 07-05-2006 at 08:19 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think we found MIKE.....or his machine shop!......lol
all in all the motor was ****..........if it wasn't.....it'll still be running!

Quick Reply: I wish mike morgan was still around....