Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

PAC-10 Football

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 11:52 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i try to give sec and the acc some respect but u kept arguing so i fired back with facts! You have brought none beside "the pac10 sucks" so get over it and leave!
Old 09-19-2006, 12:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dseto
That's one reciever. GT has Calvin Johnson. So does Texas with SNeed...he's the scariest ****** i've seen this year. Courtney Rice for South Carolina is a mean motha as well...Florida's Caldwell is impressive...we just don't hear about them because they don't get the "exposure" here on the West Coast. Like I said there's always someone better than the other person..because in college football nothing is ever a given
steve smith, chris mcfoy ring a bell!
Old 09-19-2006, 12:02 PM
Launching!

Oh Yea U Still Havent Said Anything About Your Tough Schedule!
Old 09-19-2006, 12:02 PM
TECH Regular

...we just don't hear about them because they don't get the "exposure" here on the West Coast.
THIS IS THE MAIN PROBLEM. All you people on the East Coast are asleep by the time our games start. We are just really waking up when your games start. We get to see your games... you don't get to see ours. You simply go off what you are told. Don't look anything up, don't care to see anything outside of what you believe. I am perfectly ok knowing that there are good teams in the SEC. Why can't you believe that there are good teams in other conferences? The SEC isn't gods gift to college football.

You say ASU is a joke. They had the biggest QB controversy most likely in the history of College Football. Sam Keller and Rudy Burgess could start for ANY and I repeat ANY team in the nation. They have one of the most experienced offensive lines in the country. 4 running backs that could easily rush for 150 a game individually if given the chance. The ESPN, Playboy, FSN, CollegeFootballNews.com, concensus best TE in the country (who I played against in high school). Wide Receivers that aren't the best in the country but aren't bad either.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slow89
steve smith, chris mcfoy ring a bell!
These are roll playing recievers. Just like every other team with a "big" reciever they need roll playin possesion (sp) guys. These guys are stoppable and containable...some cores consist of 2.3..4..more threats than just one.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:07 PM
Launching!

These are roll playing recievers. Just like every other team with a "big" reciever they need roll playin possesion (sp) guys. These guys are stoppable and containable...some cores consist of 2.3..4..more threats than just one.

chris yes but a anywhere else he wouldnt be! steve smith is just as good as jarret if not better!
Old 09-19-2006, 12:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ASUSMC
THIS IS THE MAIN PROBLEM. All you people on the East Coast are asleep by the time our games start. We are just really waking up when your games start. We get to see your games... you don't get to see ours. You simply go off what you are told. Don't look anything up, don't care to see anything outside of what you believe. I am perfectly ok knowing that there are good teams in the SEC. Why can't you believe that there are good teams in other conferences? The SEC isn't gods gift to college football.

You say ASU is a joke. They had the biggest QB controversy most likely in the history of College Football. Sam Keller and Rudy Burgess could start for ANY and I repeat ANY team in the nation. They have one of the most experienced offensive lines in the country. 4 running backs that could easily rush for 150 a game individually if given the chance. The ESPN, Playboy, FSN, CollegeFootballNews.com, concensus best TE in the country (who I played against in high school). Wide Receivers that aren't the best in the country but aren't bad either.
ASU always has the talent and defensive ability...just they don't show up man. Every year its the same thing...come on ASU we know you have it! Did Kellar transfer or did Burgess? ASU is always a scary team to play..much props.

SEC isn't god's gift its just they have the tradition and all the great history on their side. So of course their rivalries are bigger and better...c'mon nearly every SEC team can get 100k fans in their stadium..thats ****** badass! With Spurrier back in the conference it's gonna be ****** great this year
Old 09-19-2006, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

chris yes but a anywhere else wouldnt be! steve smith is just as good as jarret if not better!
He doesn't have the size...McFoy will be good in another year or two. Smith is that needed quickness...there's a million Steve Smith's across the country. Average size with great hands and speed. If he was 6'4 + he'd be a first rounder no doubt.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:17 PM
Launching!

He doesn't have the size...McFoy will be good in another year or two. Smith is that needed quickness...there's a million Steve Smith's across the country. Average size with great hands and speed. If he was 6'4 + he'd be a first rounder no doubt.
i bet u 20 he will still be a first rounder! and i know size helps out alot but a perfect example of size not meaning everything is hines ward 6 even at 200 pounds yet he has to be at the top if not the best besides TO and i hate TO lol! Oh yea not to mention steve smith reminds me of hines so much its scary!
Old 09-19-2006, 12:21 PM
TECH Regular

ASU always has the talent and defensive ability...just they don't show up man. Every year its the same thing...come on ASU we know you have it! Did Kellar transfer or did Burgess? ASU is always a scary team to play..much props.

SEC isn't god's gift its just they have the tradition and all the great history on their side. So of course their rivalries are bigger and better...c'mon nearly every SEC team can get 100k fans in their stadium..thats ****** badass! With Spurrier back in the conference it's gonna be ****** great this year
See a nice conversation isn't difficult.

Keller transferred to Nebraska and will start next year. I agree they have all the potential and god I hope this is the year they put it together. They have gotten a lot better on defense. The addition of some D-line depth has helped them a ton. Beau Manatuei, or however you spell his name, and Deron Ware, along with the entire linebacking core have been as good as their predecessors. Last year they only lost to USC cause USC figured out they could run the ball. It was 21-3 at half last year but then Reggie Bush (freak of nature to watch in person, literally does whatever he wants with his body) was finally allowed to run the ball.

Yes the SEC does have a better tradition. Football was huge in the southern states before it was big over here on the west coast. I see you are in California so you know football out here is a pretty big deal here as well.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:25 PM
Launching!

See a nice conversation isn't difficult.

Keller transferred to Nebraska and will start next year. I agree they have all the potential and god I hope this is the year they put it together. They have gotten a lot better on defense. The addition of some D-line depth has helped them a ton. Beau Manatuei, or however you spell his name, and Deron Ware, along with the entire linebacking core have been as good as their predecessors. Last year they only lost to USC cause USC figured out they could run the ball. It was 21-3 at half last year but then Reggie Bush (freak of nature to watch in person, literally does whatever he wants with his body) was finally allowed to run the ball.
Yes the SEC does have a better tradition. Football was huge in the southern states before it was big over here on the west coast. I see you are in California so you know football out here is a pretty big deal here as well.

oh man that was funny but so true!
Old 09-19-2006, 12:26 PM
Launching!

dont listen to daryl hes kinda plus he is an A's fan !
Old 09-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Banned

lol I believe all the Gator games have started at 6:00pm or later here, and correct me if I'm wrong thats 3:00pm on the west coast, not to early. Not getting enough exposure, people are always talking about the PAC-10, that's all I ever hear on Around the Horn or Pardon the Interuption, and College Game Day.I would love to see PAC-10 and SEC teams play in the bowl games at the end of the year, just so people would start realizing how overrated the PAC-10 is!

I just started this to bring some heated discussion, it's good to see people have some school spirit haha! As for tail-gators, UF isn't the best in my opinion, it's awesome compared to my last school FAU, but I think UFs problem for tailgating is just the lack of space around the stadium. Against UCF I just grilled at my apartment got tanked and walked my *** 2.5 miles to the stadium with a few of my friends. We stopped by a grocery store on the way, bought a styrofoam cooler, a 24pack, and had ourselves a nice mobile beer dispenser for that journey lol. I've always had the best time tailgating for Tampa Bay Bucs games even tho they are f'ing horrible this year, it's still a blast to go to the games.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:36 PM
TECH Regular

I agree. I do watch a lot of games in the SEC. I enjoy all college football no matter who is playing, unless its like, Troy vs. Stephen F Austin, then I will find something else on.

What I meant to say is you guys are drunk, asleep, or passed out by the time out 7 pm games come on.

About Tailgating. We don't do a bad job here but there really isn't a lot of room around our stadium either and the parking people are complete ********. The best tailgating I've ever seen was last year when we played LSU. Right after Katrina they flew a lot of people out here and set them up for the game. I have never seen Tempe so packed with people. Had to park a mile away from the stadium and I got there 3 hours before gametime!!!

Last edited by ASUSMC; 09-19-2006 at 12:41 PM.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
lol I believe all the Gator games have started at 6:00pm or later here, and correct me if I'm wrong thats 3:00pm on the west coast, not to early. Not getting enough exposure, people are always talking about the PAC-10, that's all I ever hear on Around the Horn or Pardon the Interuption, and College Game Day.I would love to see PAC-10 and SEC teams play in the bowl games at the end of the year, just so people would start realizing how overrated the PAC-10 is!

I just started this to bring some heated discussion, it's good to see people have some school spirit haha! As for tail-gators, UF isn't the best in my opinion, it's awesome compared to my last school FAU, but I think UFs problem for tailgating is just the lack of space around the stadium. Against UCF I just grilled at my apartment got tanked and walked my *** 2.5 miles to the stadium with a few of my friends. We stopped by a grocery store on the way, bought a styrofoam cooler, a 24pack, and had ourselves a nice mobile beer dispenser for that journey lol. I've always had the best time tailgating for Tampa Bay Bucs games even tho they are f'ing horrible this year, it's still a blast to go to the games.

best is when we took over san diego one year, me being a chief fan! we called it arrowhead west! Raider fans cant even buy charger tickets anymore its that bad hahaha
Old 09-19-2006, 12:49 PM
Launching!

on an other note just so all u chevy fan boys know! friend got a gt500 about a month ago, dont ask how! but dyno'd 515rwhp with just pulley intake, catback! and for some reason it pulls like no other against my other friends pully/ported blower/full exhaust/intake/tuned 03 cobra!
Old 09-19-2006, 12:52 PM
TECH Regular

Im no Chevy boy
Old 09-19-2006, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

i bet u 20 he will still be a first rounder! and i know size helps out alot but a perfect example of size not meaning everything is hines ward 6 even at 200 pounds yet he has to be at the top if not the best besides TO and i hate TO lol! Oh yea not to mention steve smith reminds me of hines so much its scary!
Hines was more versatile in college hence why he was a first rounder? I don't see Smith going in the first round because there IS soo many talented recivers that are similar to him. Defense is what wins and NFL always takes defense first.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:58 PM
Launching!

Im no Chevy boy
oh **** just noticed the valve covers on ur sig not to mention u have a mustang too!
Old 09-19-2006, 12:59 PM
Launching!

Hines was more versatile in college hence why he was a first rounder? I don't see Smith going in the first round because there IS soo many talented recivers that are similar to him. Defense is what wins and NFL always takes defense first.
hahaha ur joking right lol! the texans sure proved that one this year lol!

Quick Reply: PAC-10 Football