Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Auto Body Indistry In Vegas?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 10:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Body Indistry In Vegas?????

how is it, easy to find a job ????

lookin at moving out that way in a year or two

just trying to see how the job market is in nevada, cause michigan sucks right now
Old 10-21-2006, 10:37 PM
Banned

Car business in general is huge in Vegas...One of the best in the nation
Old 10-22-2006, 07:18 PM
Teching In

very cool
Old 10-22-2006, 07:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cost of living in Vegas is through the roof...I was making 70k a year and the housing market was out of my reach...unless I wanted a 800 square ft condo or something in the hood I think its a pretty shitty town to live I spent 7 years there just moved to NC and love it...
Old 10-23-2006, 10:16 AM
TECH Addict

Las Vegas (as far as housing is going) is turning into CA part2...

But Las Vegas as a city... who the hell wants to live in a God Forsaken desert, with nothing but gambling, sleezy chicks, cheezy guys in leopard felt shirts and bald heads, driving BMW's they rented.. smog, heat, no tree's, and all that crime? F that...

Vegas was nice about 8-10 years ago... not anymore.. place went downhill fast.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CTSmechanic
The cost of living in Vegas is through the roof...I was making 70k a year and the housing market was out of my reach...unless I wanted a 800 square ft condo or something in the hood I think its a pretty shitty town to live I spent 7 years there just moved to NC and love it...
ive thought about NC also, was down there in 04 was nice as hell in the raleigh area
Old 10-23-2006, 06:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GR33N GoblinM6

But Las Vegas as a city... who the hell wants to live in a God Forsaken desert, with nothing but gambling, sleezy chicks, cheezy guys in leopard felt shirts and bald heads, driving BMW's they rented.. smog, heat, no tree's, and all that crime? F that...

really

i had a buddy tell em its not bad out there, he is actually moving out there within the enxt month
Old 10-24-2006, 02:06 AM
FormerVendor

Words spoken from a typical person who has never lived here.
I am a NATIVE Las Vegan.
Its a great place to live,and the job market is virtually recession proof.

I admit the housing market got ridiculous for a couple of years. But it has actually gone down.

Theres probably more things to do in a 24hr period than anywhere in the world.

Old 10-24-2006, 01:58 PM
TECH Addict

I have a sister who has lived there for over 20 years.. I travel through that town 1-2 times a month and have been doing that for 10 years... i hasve seen 1st hand, the growth.. home prices, and culture of vegas..

things to do in a 24hr period.. gambling.. strip clubs with nasty chicks.. gambling.. drinking.. gambling.. getting handed 91827763 **** flyers while just trying to walk down the street with my wife.. gambling.. going to clubs where girls want your anual income tax returns before they talk to you.. gambling.. walking around smoke filled hotels and getting cancer.. gambling

If you're single. and dont care about getting STD's.. great place to be.. if you have a family.. not so great a place NOW.. wasnt like that a few years ago... Now Im talking about down town and the surrounding area's... Henderson is nicer..

but you're right.. i dont live there.. (never would) so I may have a differnt view from what I see, to what a local see's.

(Forest Gump voice)
"And that's all I have to say about thaaaat"

Last edited by GR33N GoblinM6; 10-24-2006 at 04:56 PM.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:22 PM
Teching In

i'd really like to move out there in a year or two
Old 10-31-2006, 12:55 AM
Launching!

I moved here about a year and a half ago from San Diego. There are plenty of collision shops out here always looking for people. There are a ton of accidents because people cant drive for **** out here. I have seriously never seen so many red light runners in my life, even in CA. Anyways besides that I like it here. I prolly wont spend the rest of my life here, but its a decent place with a lot of different things to do no matter what day or time of day it is. The housing market was insane for the last few years but it is starting to drop. You can get a condo in a decent area for under $170k which compared to CA and possibly even detroit is not a bad price. Check out www.lasvegasreviewjournal.com under the classifieds, you'll see theres always a listing for auto body.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:59 AM
TECH Regular

I have a sister who has lived there for over 20 years.. I travel through that town 1-2 times a month and have been doing that for 10 years... i hasve seen 1st hand, the growth.. home prices, and culture of vegas..

things to do in a 24hr period.. gambling.. strip clubs with nasty chicks.. gambling.. drinking.. gambling.. getting handed 91827763 **** flyers while just trying to walk down the street with my wife.. gambling.. going to clubs where girls want your anual income tax returns before they talk to you.. gambling.. walking around smoke filled hotels and getting cancer.. gambling

If you're single. and dont care about getting STD's.. great place to be.. if you have a family.. not so great a place NOW.. wasnt like that a few years ago... Now Im talking about down town and the surrounding area's... Henderson is nicer..

but you're right.. i dont live there.. (never would) so I may have a differnt view from what I see, to what a local see's.

(Forest Gump voice)
"And that's all I have to say about thaaaat"
I agree with this man.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Teching In

well just got back from 3 days in vegas, it was badass, seems theres always soemthing to do, tons of nice cars, and the weather was bad ***, 70 everyday, came back to michigan and its 40 degree temps sucked, plus its kinda dark here after being out there for 3 days and seeing everything lit up
Old 11-06-2006, 06:42 PM
TECH Resident

Dont let the temps this time of year fool ya sure its no michigan or detroit but it gets pretty cold.. I woke up one morning and found 5 inches of show on the old Formula... plus during the summer it will go for 3 weeks easy without going below 100 even at midnight..Expect your car insurance to almost double mine did when I moved there from CA my insurance was 15 bucks less than my payment and I had a good record...

Quick Reply: Auto Body Indistry In Vegas?????