Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

SAN DIEGO tuner ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question SAN DIEGO tuner ???

hey guys i just orderd some headers for my Z06 and would like to get it tuned afterwords....

are there any GOOD tunning shops around here in san diego ???

please post up.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:43 AM
Launching!

Excelsior Motorsports. Talk to Kushan. He is the owner/operator of this shop. Good guy. Upfront and honest. He knows his stuff.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that guy did a hell of a job on my buddies car......but he really taxed him...
but A+ for a good job!
Old 12-30-2006, 03:26 AM
Launching!

With him you get quality. He is not going to leave you high and dry if a problem arises. You pay top dollar but you get top quality going into your ride. I have spent hours talking to Kushan. I walked away really impressed.

Most of the work that he has is fixing other shop's mistakes.

I checked him out before I had him dyno tune my nearly stock car. What a difference. I am now saving up for some heads, cam, clutch and a tune for my ride.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:15 AM
TECH Resident

Phoenix isnt that far from san diego... and its still warm out here Stop in for a tune and check out some of the shop vettes
Old 12-30-2006, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you plan on doing any other mods (that would benefit from tuning) in the not too distant future, I'd wait.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:58 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by M6HuggerSS
hey guys i just orderd some headers for my Z06 and would like to get it tuned afterwords....

are there any GOOD tunning shops around here in san diego ???

please post up.

In short... NO!
Get ahold of Charlie and be done with it. In addition, biddaddybry is correct, it you're going to do any other mods soon, just wait on the tune and do it at once.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2c5s
In short... NO!
Get ahold of Charlie and be done with it. In addition, biddaddybry is correct, it you're going to do any other mods soon, just wait on the tune and do it at once.
get a hold of charlie, if you want go check out 2c5s vette have him take you for a ride, and you will be sold on charlie's tuning, the car is a monster, or wait a month or so and go for a ride in my z06, that is going to be a monster as well with help from charlie on the new motor, head work, and tuning. he is really really man when it comes to tuning around here, especially with vettes, he has tuned a million of them.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the info guys.....

so where is Excelsior Motorsports ???

and who is charlie and where does he work ???

as far as future mods..... not sure if there will be any more....
just TSP header kit, halltech stinger, and a tune... maybe 375rwhp and i should be good for a while....

im really dont think i will even own this car more than a year, so my modding plans are minimal. after the tune im powder coating the wheels black and putting on some new
nitto R2's. then some tint..... and then i will probly drive it till the end of the year and sell it.....
Attached Thumbnails SAN DIEGO tuner ???-small22.jpg   SAN DIEGO tuner ???-small11.jpg  
Old 12-30-2006, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cars tuned by Charlie have a higher resale value...
Old 12-30-2006, 11:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Cars tuned by Charlie have a higher resale value...
he is right, but i heard all Haddad has to do is wave his magic wand and the car is sold automatically, at any asking price.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

and who is charlie and where does he work ???
??? anyone
Old 12-31-2006, 03:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

??? anyone
he tunes for A&A corvette mostly (freelance though)
Old 01-15-2007, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the info guys.... A&A is a bit to far from SD for me.... so i think i will give
excelsior a call tomorrow.....

thanks.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by travie319
that guy did a hell of a job on my buddies car......but he really taxed him...
but A+ for a good job!

top dollar for top quality .KUSHAN did awesome work on my camaro.I tried different shops and he was the only one that found the problem.I highly recomend Excelsior Motorsports.no need to go to charlie.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey guys... i just got done dyno tuning my Z06 over at EXCELSIOR motorsports and all i have to say is THANKS for the guys who recommended his shop. i have had some tuner friends in the past that have gotten out of it and it was GREAT to find someone as cool and smart as KUSHAN. he is a great guy with a great little shop..... i will NEVER look for another tuner.
as well as most of his clients.... he is a PRO at fixing other peoples tunes.... he really takes his time and have a GREAT dyno set-up ! its an austrailian made dyno and is SUPER accurate..... which will make your car seem down on power.... which is hard on the ego, but great for the tunning.... his program is windows based and it is super easy to understand and watch him work.... he recently tuned a car from A&A.... that JUST put down 600rwhp
on there dyno..... then dynoed 525 on his. and kushan say many flaws in the tune.... so he tweaked it a massaged it and picked up another 50rwhp!!!!!!
on a car that justed got tuned by charlie!....i cant say enough about his shop.
my car had some issues leaning WAY out and pulling 9deg out of KR....and he fixed it all up in like 2 hrs. i gained 15-20rwtq from 2000-500rpm and more after that....... and 10-15rwhp from 2000-4500rpm and gained like 40rwhp where it was dipping around 5500rpm..... the car feals MUCH smoother and has a good power increase ALL across the powerband! not just peak.

i dynoed 340rwhp 351rwtq @ the dyno shop...
i baselined about 320rwhp 322rwtq
and after tuning 343rwhp 340rwtq

great gains at a fair price. i recommend him to EVERYONE !!!! go check him out and tell him GABE sent you..... (858)565-8000 he is in kearny mesa area.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:43 AM
10 Second Club

as well as most of his clients.... he is a PRO at fixing other peoples tunes.... he really takes his time and have a GREAT dyno set-up ! its an austrailian made dyno and is SUPER accurate..... which will make your car seem down on power.... which is hard on the ego, but great for the tunning.... his program is windows based and it is super easy to understand and watch him work.... he recently tuned a car from A&A.... that JUST put down 600rwhp
on there dyno..... then dynoed 525 on his. and kushan say many flaws in the tune.... so he tweaked it a massaged it and picked up another 50rwhp!!!!!!
on a car that justed got tuned by charlie!....i cant say enough about his shop.

Wow, he sounds really good. So let me clarify... the 600 rwhp A&A dyno really put down 475 at your new hero's shop and he found another 50 rwhp just fixing the mistakes Charlie made. Did he at least give you a reach around?
Old 01-21-2007, 02:29 AM
TECH Addict

yep.. that "australian" dyno you refer to is acutally a New Zealand Dyno.. also called the DynaPack.. my best friend/next door neighbor has one.. we tune on it all the time.. we sometimes get red necks who come in saying "aww i made more on a dyno jet"... umm yeah.. cause you can fudge dynojet #'s.. Dynapacks are tuning dyno's and the best on the market for that purpose.. for big dick swinging, all about the #, I need to brag about my inflated HP #'s .. use a dynojet.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

yep.. that "australian" dyno you refer to is acutally a New Zealand Dyno.. also called the DynaPack.. my best friend/next door neighbor has one.. we tune on it all the time.. we sometimes get red necks who come in saying "aww i made more on a dyno jet"... umm yeah.. cause you can fudge dynojet #'s.. Dynapacks are tuning dyno's and the best on the market for that purpose.. for big dick swinging, all about the #, I need to brag about my inflated HP #'s .. use a dynojet.
i think it was a MAINLINE dynolog..... and like you said.... there is NO fudge factor like all other dynos... where you can get another 10%.... this dyno corrects itself using real time weather etc... VERY NICE SET_UP.....

and about the A&A car..... he is not trying to make waves...... just stating the facts...
when the owner drove the car home back to SD.... he felt the tune wasent dead on.
i believe he ran an 11.2 before KUSHAN's tune..... and after a 50rwhp gain. the owner
was much happier with the power, and also ran a 10.8 afetrwards (i think)....
the true gains could not be denied.

he has a great skill and he has the time to do it right..... the guy is there ALL NIGHT....
and does most of his tunning around 5-9pm.

check him out. he is a GM guy.... his Z06 has had it all! 200 shot, stroker, TT, and now a forged 347 with a 300 shot. !
he also has a coustom TT being built right now..... and has a 8 sec sting ray.... that has gone 160-170 in the 1/4.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm no tuning expert or even dyno expert, but I'm sure you'd have to look at the tunes side-by-side with AT LEAST the dyno graphs showing AFR to even begin to compare the tune. Additionally, thats only one part of the equation.

Not to mention it may even be apples to oranges comparing results on different machines by different tuners on different days but what the hell do I know, I'm not even a rookie on this subject matter.

As long as you're happy with what you got, thats what should matter.

Quick Reply: SAN DIEGO tuner ???