Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

So*Cal Guys,Help me Out

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 04:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So*Cal Guys,Help me Out

I have a 1998 WS6 LS1 that was rebuilt with a Bigger cam Comp Cam 224 228 114.0 581.581 valve lift and LS6 heads along with a TCI converter.I sent my computer to fastchips to be tunned to my specs but the car is not running right when I start it up the idle goes back and fourth from 800-1500rpm and then after it warms up it stayes around 1300rpm They set my rpm to idle at 600rpm which I know is way too low for this cam do you know what I should have it set to and if there could be another problem with my computer or engine that would make it run like this or do you thing think this could be a too big cam for my car.

Let me know if anybody knows a good mechanic around the LA area that might be able to help me out or any places that can tune it on a dyno Iv'e had this car for over a year and want to finish it up and enjoy it.Thanks
Old 01-28-2007, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

haddad motorsports
Old 01-28-2007, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

I've had the same problems, I'm running a similar cam. Funny thing is when I took off my BBK 80mm TB and took put the stocker back on the probelm dissapeared. Sounds like your idle is way too low should be idleing @1000 rpm or so. Pretty what it comes down to is you need a retune from a GOOD tuner. Try A&A corvette havent heard anything bad about them.

Last edited by Chaddalack; 01-28-2007 at 12:48 PM. Reason: miss spelling
Old 01-28-2007, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off, how long since you reinstalled your PCM and been riding on this tune? Reason I ask is because you disconnected your battery, so I'm pretty sure you're still going through the idle relearn process, especially if this is your first time firing it up. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Additionally, I would look at the hole(s) in your TB. Is it stock size, larger, or are there two of them?
Old 01-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
First off, how long since you reinstalled your PCM and been riding on this tune? Reason I ask is because you disconnected your battery, so I'm pretty sure you're still going through the idle relearn process, especially if this is your first time firing it up. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Additionally, I would look at the hole(s) in your TB. Is it stock size, larger, or are there two of them?
I installed it about 2 monthes ago and I have never driven it I just let it run for about 2hrs and I did this numerous times and the idle keeps jumping back and fourth.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:59 PM
11 Second Club

It doesn't take the car that long to re-learn the idle process.

The two tuners I have heard the best things about on here are Charlie @ A&A and Kushan @ Haddad. I am personally using Kushan because it is much more convenient for me based on location, and I have talked to him on the phone. He seems sincere and knowledgeable. He's based out of San Diego, and I can't tell you where Charlie is I don't remember off the top of my head now, but it is all over the western section.
Using either one of them you will not go wrong. Do it once, right, the first time and save yourself the money (in the long run) and headache. Take it from me and my experiences
Old 01-28-2007, 10:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by craparo
It doesn't take the car that long to re-learn the idle process.

The two tuners I have heard the best things about on here are Charlie @ A&A and Kushan @ Haddad.
A&A Corvette is located in Oxnard. Kushan owns Excelsior Motorsports, not Haddad Motorsports.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:21 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar issue with my 229/229 cam, I resolved it by messing around with the throttle body screw. Mine was modified so I can change it from the top with a screwdriver, I think the stockers you have to do it from the bottom of the TB with a special hex. (can't remember for sure) Good luck.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:07 PM
Banned

Just talked to the guys at L.A.P.D. yesterday. Very knowledgeable. Give them a call.. they're in Canoga Park.