Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

a supercharged M3 wants to race me

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 02:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Almostryan3
LSgunZ28 when you were at the track and talked to me you said something about the auto cars being such beast and thats why my times were so close to yours. Generally the M6 cars were faster stock, well with a good driver at least. Back on topic though, I got my money on jason being the driver mod for you just saying, dont get all butt hurt though...

they are faster on the street, @ the dragstrip autos do better.

Also dude, Im not used to my car yet, Im telling you. I havent even driven it a month yet after leaving it @ the shop for 2.5 months rebuilding my trans and then getting the 12 bolt, and new mickey thompson. I havent learned to launch the car yet. when I do, you will see what Im talking about. I was in your shoes once.

You know how everyone wa slike "No way" to your times for the mods you have.

That what they were telling me when I was running 8.0s with just LTs, ORY and a lid and nittos.

Now I cant even run that same time and MPH after all these other mods.

I did so much to the car. I need a tune for power loss, Im not used to the new rear and tires, my flywheel makes it harder to launch, my springs and suspension make weight transfer harder, etc, etc.

I know these are all excuses. But I was once in your situation and was so happy I was so fast with so little mods and I was happy I was a good driver. Now I just need more passes to get used to the car still. That is all.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:21 AM
11 Second Club

probably gonna go to Palmdale this wed, to make many passes to get used to my launch, the rest is cake.

I cant wait til I get my 7.8s. so all of you will reconsider your thoughts on my driving skills.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:25 AM
12 Second Club

7.8 and I will be saying the same thing.... you should go like 7.5 and I will reconsider my thoughts, untill then I believe jason is better
Old 05-21-2007, 09:52 AM
On The Tree

are any of yall goin to fontucky on the 23 of june?
Old 05-21-2007, 11:59 AM
11 Second Club

7.8 and I will be saying the same thing.... you should go like 7.5 and I will reconsider my thoughts, untill then I believe jason is better
Hahaha 7.5s, WTF do you think I have slicks and skinnys? and full freaking weight and Irwindale is hot. W/E

With Mickey thompsons and my gear ratio an dboltones ( After I get a tune) I think 7.8s are good. Remember. 7.8s is damn good for our cars.. Yeah shaving a .1 off the 1/8 isnt so hard ( whn you are still in the 8s) when you get in the 7s. it get smuch harder and harder)

dont get way in over your head now. what was the best time you got again? and what were you gonna do?

You just need slicks, skinnys and a stall besides your gears andf thats all you need to do fast. After that a cam and heads wont net you as much as you think, you already did all that matters for drag racing.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by EVERETTDREW
are any of yall goin to fontucky on the 23 of june?
Is that Thursday? what time? I may consider this.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:03 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nine Finger 02 Z28
I am very sure of the Driver Mod that if you were to make 2 passes and I make 2 passes that I would beat your time whether it be 60ft or et or mph or all of the above that I would bet $100 on it...I am sure that I could pull off that elusive 7.xx slip that we know your car is capable of...
actually Now Im considering this bet. Since many of you think my car is so easy to drive.

BTW Im killing my LS7 clutch for these high RPM dumps but its fine.

You try getting in an aluminum flywheel, full weight and a raod race suspension and a car that isnt running its optimum, due to a tune. talk is cheap, come this thursday and try and run my car (Dont kill my brand new T-56 either!)
Old 05-21-2007, 12:55 PM
FormerVendor

back to the point if it is the new M3 pushing 333hp plus boost on top of that. I would not race it.

If you run at LACR you will be disappointed with your results, no traction, nobody ran good times.

I am still relearning my car since all the mods and launching is a whole new ball game. The power will light the tires very easy and practice is the key.(that and slicks)
Old 05-21-2007, 01:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stroker396
back to the point if it is the new M3 pushing 333hp plus boost on top of that. I would not race it.

If you run at LACR you will be disappointed with your results, no traction, nobody ran good times.

I am still relearning my car since all the mods and launching is a whole new ball game. The power will light the tires very easy and practice is the key.(that and slicks)

I think they're closed this wed anyways.

Ok, well I need to learn my lauhcn and Irwindale is too damn packed all the time nowadays.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:11 PM
12 Second Club

Irwindale is hot? Are you kidding me? Go out to fontucky and there you have hot! and my best run was a 8.123 with a 1.91 60' on street tires full weight stock stall and no tune. I am going to be spending not even $900 and will go from a 8.1 to a 7.5 maybe less. Plus the tune that may net me another tenth or so. And all that matters for drag racing? Are you shitting me? I dont have slicks and skinnies I dont have stall I dont have SFC I dont have anti roll I have full factory suspension no weight reduction AC and everything. I could pick up a few more tenths just by taking off the AC pump and heater core and some weight reduction. Remember I am on stock 245 tires stock stall full weight stock tune, only lid muffler and 3:73s and going 8.1. I mean cmon stock tires pulling 1.91 60 foots? And like I said my best 1/4 mile run was faster than yours, 12.7. So you can pull your head out of your *** now and get back to reality. Have a good day!
Old 05-21-2007, 08:35 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by LSGunZ28
actually Now Im considering this bet. Since many of you think my car is so easy to drive.

BTW Im killing my LS7 clutch for these high RPM dumps but its fine.

You try getting in an aluminum flywheel, full weight and a raod race suspension and a car that isnt running its optimum, due to a tune. talk is cheap, come this thursday and try and run my car (Dont kill my brand new T-56 either!)
I would like be there this Thur but I just for left Ky for work and I won't be back till Fri or Sat...

More than anything I wasn't knockng your driving it is just a matter experience.I seen that you were a little bothered so I was just having a little fun.

Maybe I will be out there when you are out there and we will go from there.I have seen you out there running your car and that is why I mentoned the Driver Mod..
Old 05-21-2007, 09:27 PM
11 Second Club

I would like be there this Thur but I just for left Ky for work and I won't be back till Fri or Sat...

More than anything I wasn't knockng your driving it is just a matter experience.I seen that you were a little bothered so I was just having a little fun.

Maybe I will be out there when you are out there and we will go from there.I have seen you out there running your car and that is why I mentoned the Driver Mod..
excuses, excuses

I know I need more experience, back on my steel flywheel, launching was so easy. It took me a few runs to realize how I can launch perfect without spinning and no bogging either.... But now I cant.

So you saw me run not to my full potential...
what can I do?, I was testing different launches since I changed so many things on my car at once. I can figure the right RPM launch at what psi on my tires and the track prep was different everytime, aluminum flywheel, etc..

Sorry for not taking your knocking on my driving skills so lightly. there are few things in the world that I cant take as a joke
Old 05-21-2007, 09:31 PM
11 Second Club

Irwindale is hot? Are you kidding me? Go out to fontucky and there you have hot! and my best run was a 8.123 with a 1.91 60' on street tires full weight stock stall and no tune. I am going to be spending not even $900 and will go from a 8.1 to a 7.5 maybe less. Plus the tune that may net me another tenth or so. And all that matters for drag racing? Are you shitting me? I dont have slicks and skinnies I dont have stall I dont have SFC I dont have anti roll I have full factory suspension no weight reduction AC and everything. I could pick up a few more tenths just by taking off the AC pump and heater core and some weight reduction. Remember I am on stock 245 tires stock stall full weight stock tune, only lid muffler and 3:73s and going 8.1. I mean cmon stock tires pulling 1.91 60 foots? And like I said my best 1/4 mile run was faster than yours, 12.7. So you can pull your head out of your *** now and get back to reality. Have a good day!

Yeah its hot for me. I like the cold. what you need for drag racing is a good launch, and that is possible with an auto and you know how to launch right, by not spinning your tires and your gearing is netting you a good 60'. Thats why I said that.

Those are the same tires as me also, dont think Im running some wide tires. But yes I have stickier tires than you.

yeah, but what was your mph? I just havent learned to launch my car yet with these new setups. I just need more practice.

(ive driven an auto car before) Its much easier to launch.

I have to use handbrake, clutch and throttle to launch, I need to keep it at a steady RPM and know if Im gonna slip, preload or dump the clutch... you just do brake and gas, and go.

no point in arguing. I wish us both the best and take pics this thursday!!!
Old 05-22-2007, 02:10 AM
12 Second Club

My MPH was 109... to your 110...... not arguing anyways, just showing you the light because it seems like your heads wrapped up in a lotta bull ****....anyways I just like to mess with people, can't take it, just don't read my replies, hmmm should put out a " the following message may contain content that offends many people, if you have not cleaned out your vagina lately please skip ahead to the next post, thank you for your co-operation!" warning haha anywho
Old 05-22-2007, 02:12 AM
11 Second Club

My MPH was 109... to your 110...... not arguing anyways, just showing you the light because it seems like your heads wrapped up in a lotta bull ****....anyways I just like to mess with people, can't take it, just don't read my replies, hmmm should put out a " the following message may contain content that offends many people, if you have not cleaned out your vagina lately please skip ahead to the next post, thank you for your co-operation!" warning haha anywho

haha yeah, but I had a high 2.0 60' and it was in mid day. FYI

Hey dude, I also was thinking. do you think because I went from 245 to a 155, that caused a lower trap speed.

#1 more friction
#2 more weight
#3 more mass to move(robbing of even more RWHP besides the 12 bolt doing so)

I know all these are very small amounts, but added together, they could have robbed me of a .1 in the 1/8 and a good 1mph or more at my trap speed? or is it not significant enough?
Old 05-22-2007, 02:27 AM
11 Second Club

Also I benched 345, 2 times today!

I was hoping once and I did it twice!!
Old 05-22-2007, 02:39 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by LSGunZ28
Also I benched 345, 2 times today!

I was hoping once and I did it twice!!
Congrats...I benched zero pounds today and I feel Grreeeaaat...(lol)...
Old 05-22-2007, 09:29 AM
12 Second Club

haha, I dont bench and my 1/4 mile pass was mid day too, quit making excuses
Old 05-22-2007, 12:45 PM
11 Second Club

haha, I dont bench and my 1/4 mile pass was mid day too, quit making excuses
Ok, now some input on the 2nd part of my question.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:47 PM
11 Second Club

Congrats...I benched zero pounds today and I feel Grreeeaaat...(lol)...

haha Im glad...

Anyways, just a question. In comparison to California speedway, how bad is Palmdales dragstrip?

I already think California speedway had bad track prep. but what gavce me a worse impression was how little runs I was able to do. I was lierally the 1st car in the gate last time, (even though I wasnt the 1st car there) I cut everyone off....

and I just got 3 passes that day?!?!!

would palmdale on wed allow me way more passes? and hwo terrible is the track prep. ( as I just mentioned)

thanks.