Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

a supercharged M3 wants to race me

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 07:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LSGunZ28
Hey dude, I also was thinking. do you think because I went from 245 to a 155, that caused a lower trap speed.

#1 more friction
#2 more weight
#3 more mass to move(robbing of even more RWHP besides the 12 bolt doing so)

I know all these are very small amounts, but added together, they could have robbed me of a .1 in the 1/8 and a good 1mph or more at my trap speed? or is it not significant enough?
245 to 155 what?
Old 05-24-2007, 01:59 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Almostryan3
245 to 155 what?

SOrry I meant 245 to 255. lol

Hey man, My Mickey Thompsons are almost done. I made 23 passes today on the 1/4 mile.

Palmdale, DOnt even say I need a driver mod. I was still one of the best drivers tonight. Despite the regulars saying it was a decent night tonight,

low winds, and decent track prep for there.

still fonatana is known for not good track prep, windyness , sand and high *** elevation.

with a 1.9 60" I was still able to make a best pass of 12.98 @ high 106 mph

I made consistent 13.0 passes @ 107 mph.

I nailed a 1.88 60' once but missed 4th!

Anyways, 23 passes of 1/4 mile killed my week old M/Ts

My 12.9 second pass was the best of any F body there that night., there were 3 or 4 camaros and 2 goats.

The track is inconsistent and the left lane hooked the best, I tried the left lane as much a spossible. probably 5/6 of the time I was in the left. I did a 5500 RPM launch @ 18 psi M/Ts for my best pass. I hooked, but kind of bogged...I did a 6000 dump but spun that. and another 5500 RPM dump, same lane, same burnout and back to back passes might I add. and I spun that. So its a hard track and inconsistent. I may go tomorrow, but for sure next thurs and I should have on my AFC and torque arm

so hopefull 7.9s and 7.8s should be within my reach.

the best 1/8 in my 12.98 second pass was a 8.36 or so. corrected time I should have done 12.4s with that 12.9 pass..

Ok Im exhuasted now.probably be @ Irwindale tomorrow, but for sure, next week.

I have decided. for my tires Im getting Nittos again and Slicks is a must, so I wont kill my tires.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:09 PM
12 Second Club

.....QUIT SITTING IN THE STAGING LANES SOOO DAMN LONG! That is all..... and and corrected time is all bullshit, you run what you ran no faster no slower....that is all
Old 05-24-2007, 09:32 PM
11 Second Club

.....QUIT SITTING IN THE STAGING LANES SOOO DAMN LONG! That is all..... and and corrected time is all bullshit, you run what you ran no faster no slower....that is all
what do you mean in the staging lanes so long? WTF?!

Also it isnt bullshit, you run your car there. I bet you wont run a 13.2 or better. eaven with your easy *** A4 car.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:36 PM
12 Second Club

burn out box my bad. No I have not ran there, but corrected times are all bullshit, you run what you run where you run and thats it! So take your head out of your *** because if you go by that I should have ran a 12.50 this prior weekend at fontana, but I dont go by that crap I go by what I ran or else people could start saying Well I would have ran a 10 flat if I had installed my head cam package a 10.00 would be my corrected time if they were in or my car should have done a 11.22 if my tune was already done blah blah ******* blah!
Old 05-25-2007, 02:36 AM
11 Second Club

burn out box my bad. No I have not ran there, but corrected times are all bullshit, you run what you run where you run and thats it! So take your head out of your *** because if you go by that I should have ran a 12.50 this prior weekend at fontana, but I dont go by that crap I go by what I ran or else people could start saying Well I would have ran a 10 flat if I had installed my head cam package a 10.00 would be my corrected time if they were in or my car should have done a 11.22 if my tune was already done blah blah ******* blah!

Yeah. but this isnt like that. I know it still isnt accurate, but those are more extreme examples . Its converting what a high elevation car runs at sea level.but whatever. Everyone else sucked up there. I was one of the fastest cars, lol.

Anyways. why are you saying quit sitting in the burnout box. what part of my old comment made you say that, I dont understand the point you are trying to make.

also did you go today?

Im goin next thurs with my new SFC and TA
Old 05-25-2007, 09:27 AM
12 Second Club

The fact that you said you toasted your week old MT, dont stage em so long
Old 05-25-2007, 11:58 AM
TECH Regular

Gunz, on the outside looking in it looks like you do need a little more experience. Nine Finger drives a single digit car, I would think he can get your car to what he says he can. I'm just reading this stuff and a few things are off. Alot of this stuff is just constructive critisism and a weird way of giving advice, but they are correct.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:52 PM
12 Second Club

hahah yeah I have that effect
Old 05-25-2007, 06:22 PM
11 Second Club

The fact that you said you toasted your week old MT, dont stage em so long
dude what are you saying. I have to burnout to get em warm. I ran 23 times. wtf does staging have to do with it? what do you mean staging?
Old 05-25-2007, 06:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2 FASST SS
Gunz, on the outside looking in it looks like you do need a little more experience. Nine Finger drives a single digit car, I would think he can get your car to what he says he can. I'm just reading this stuff and a few things are off. Alot of this stuff is just constructive critisism and a weird way of giving advice, but they are correct.
Yeah, but they think they can automatically have my car do a better time. when Im the one driving it everyday. Just because they are pros doesnt mean anything. Theyre cars are set up for drag racing. My car isnt, and its very hard to drive.

I do equal burnouts in euql temps and elevations. If I launch at 5500 RPM I bog, if I launch at 5600 RPm I spin, in the same lane, and same track prep. how the hell is the better driver gonna solve that problem? Its just my setup isnt right for drag racing. I bet the guy would do worse with my car. I dont care if he drives top fuel. It doesnt mean he can drive my car, my car is inconsistent.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude what are you saying. I have to burnout to get em warm. I ran 23 times. wtf does staging have to do with it? what do you mean staging?
I'll guess that he's talking about you doing a complete burnout/warm-up each time (correct me if I'm wrong Almostryan3).

Here are the guidelines from the MT website:

1. First pass of the day hard burnout. After that follow general guidelines of #2 and #3 stated below.
2. Automatic transmissions and Softer compounds: First pass or two, fairly hard burnout, after that a light burnout should be sufficient.
3. Standard transmission "Stockers": No burnout or short, dry burnout. Super Stock and Comp cars- light burnout, haze tires and stage immediately.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:04 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
I'll guess that he's talking about you doing a complete burnout/warm-up each time (correct me if I'm wrong Almostryan3).

Here are the guidelines from the MT website:

1. First pass of the day hard burnout. After that follow general guidelines of #2 and #3 stated below.
2. Automatic transmissions and Softer compounds: First pass or two, fairly hard burnout, after that a light burnout should be sufficient.
3. Standard transmission "Stockers": No burnout or short, dry burnout. Super Stock and Comp cars- light burnout, haze tires and stage immediately.
Ok thanks, Butttt, my car wouldnt hook unless I did a good burnout (which is what I did)

So I know I didnt do anything wrong.
wdit: I mean unless you want me to spin til half track, whcih is what was happening if I didnt burnout.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:52 AM
12 Second Club

What kind of MT do you have and what pressure do you have them set at, because you ARE obviously doing something wrong if you cannot get your car to hook with a decent set of tires
Old 05-26-2007, 11:48 AM
11 Second Club

What kind of MT do you have and what pressure do you have them set at, because you ARE obviously doing something wrong if you cannot get your car to hook with a decent set of tires
you drive an auto car, you dont know 1/2 about launching as an M6 car. Plus I have an aluminum flywheel, which only makes things way harder.

I have M/T ET streets ( radials) so the one that has grooves on the side.

anyways. I could get them to hook, but not like I can when I got Nittos to hook with a steel flywheel. they still kind of hook, but bog a bit. they dont hook dead on. or when they hook and I start going the RPMs will drop a bit like its bogging. I had the pressure at 15 psi last week and when I was at palmdale I had em at 18 psi

Both 18 and 15 psi MTs I launched at 5500 RPM.

Also I had my nittos at 12 psi when I had the steel flywheel and launched at 3700, thats when I hooked the best. It just picked up and left the lasrting like. even though the best 60' was 1.89 at the time.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:16 PM
12 Second Club

I know nothing about launching a M6? Maybe not an LS1 but I did use to have a Mustang GT 5 speed, and guess what it had an aluminum flywheel too. Had one set of good tires on that car the rest were **** street tires but that thing hooked all the time no matter what (intake exhaust and weight reduction) so I know it may not of been as fast as your LS1 but I had no problem launching it or getting it to hook and still being quick off the line, not just baby launching it then getting into it. So before you start assuming stuff, like how you say your a better driver than nine finer (thats laughable at best) get over yourself and realize that it is YOUR fault your car is not faster and quit blaming it on everything else!
Old 05-27-2007, 09:14 AM
11 Second Club

I know nothing about launching a M6? Maybe not an LS1 but I did use to have a Mustang GT 5 speed, and guess what it had an aluminum flywheel too. Had one set of good tires on that car the rest were **** street tires but that thing hooked all the time no matter what (intake exhaust and weight reduction) so I know it may not of been as fast as your LS1 but I had no problem launching it or getting it to hook and still being quick off the line, not just baby launching it then getting into it. So before you start assuming stuff, like how you say your a better driver than nine finer (thats laughable at best) get over yourself and realize that it is YOUR fault your car is not faster and quit blaming it on everything else!
Hahah, maybe its because your mustang doesnt have enough torque

Im not gonna give in and say Im not a good driver. Im just pickin on you, because you think you are such a great driver.

Let Nine ball drive my car and we will see how good of a driver he is. Like I said. It took me a couple of passes to learn how to drive my car when it had a steel flywheel. all cars arent the same, maybe your mustang was much easier to launch than a LS1 with a steel flywheel.

The car is really difficult to learn.

I keep offering my car, I want nineball to launch my car and run mid 7.5s like he is claiming. I just hope since he drove a single digit car, he realizes that has nothing to do with if my car is easy to launch or not. The car picks up after Im done bogging or spinning. But I need to focus on cutting really low 60's so I can finally do my high 7 second runs in the 1/8th....

Like I said, my road racing setup is the main thing causing my problems.

Like I said, if you think you yourself, even are such a good driver. Id even let you make a pass in it. I bet you wont touch the times I am running for now. (and its easier for you, because Im telling you the optimum psi and launch RPMs Im performing) you didnt have to re-learn the car. the numbers are layed out like you.

edit: some spelling.

dude seriously. quit assuming my car is capable of such times. if I had gone through tires and am killing my clutch again. Im beating the hell out of the car to learn. Its just a hard car to drive, okay? deal with it and quit making claims on a car that you dont even know how it is to drive.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:14 PM
12 Second Club

Eh the mustang wasn't the fastest by far by 280 lbs of tq stock isn't too bad was still at best like a 14 flat car though. I also never said I was agreat driver, Ithink I am a pretty decent driver, that is aroudn a track and not a straight line, most racing I have done was track and turns and junk, this is my first drag only car. Also he never said he would do 7.5 in your car I said I would be impressed if you did, I believe he only said he would be faster than you
Old 05-27-2007, 03:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like I said, my road racing setup is the main thing causing my problems.
then why are you wasting your time at the dragstrip and arguing about it on here?
Old 05-28-2007, 12:39 PM
Vax
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z
then why are you wasting your time at the dragstrip and arguing about it on here?

Racing wouldn't be racing without someone flexing his dick? Online or otherwise.

^^