Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Anybody near Oxnard/Ventura?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 11:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Anybody near Oxnard/Ventura?

Hey guys, just moved out here to the ventura area. Heard there was a car meet up in camarillo, but it was mostly imports. Just seein if anyone was around the area, or knew of any car meets. Later,
Old 06-21-2007, 01:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in Thousand Oaks. I only konw of some Vett guys that meet in newbury park. I have heard there is a group in Ventura.

where did you live before you moved here?
Old 06-21-2007, 01:08 AM
Teching In

where did you live before?

I heard some guys are in ventura but never see them. I am in thousand Oaks.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Teching In

Forgive the Hijack, but do they still do the meet off of Wendy Drive?? I"m out of TO and in Simi now. Its been a while.

FYI: We meet up in the valley each Friday night. Its only like a 15 minute drive for my self from Simi.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:47 AM
12 Second Club

Before, I lived in Houston, Tx. lol Long ways from home. I dont know where wendy drive,is but wherethey meet is by a wendy's and a target in camarillo. I am going to try to make it there this saturday, if Im not at the track.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:20 PM
Teching In

I'm in Ventura. More of a lurker on this site, and Z28.com
There are meet ups in Camarillo, take 101 S. and exit from Las Posas. Make a right from the off ramp and you'll see it on your right hand side. They normally meet up around 10-11p.m. And yes, it is mostly imports/ricers. But there are a few respectable vehicles. I haven't been in a few years, but be forwarned, Ventura County Sheriffs Department likes to shut it down pretty quick, along with the CHPs. You always get a few people out there d*icking around and ruining it for everyone. Try to avoid going to any illegal drags anyone may propose. Just my .02
Also:
http://www.socalcarculture.com/cruise_nights.html
In Ventura, there's a meet up every 3rd Friday of the month at Foster's Freeze. If coming from "The Nard," go 101 N. and exit Victoria and make a right. Go all the way up Victoria until you hit Telegraph Rd. (not Telephone) Make a left onto Telegraph and Fosters Freeze will be on your right. Its primarily made up of classic cars, but the people are pretty nice.
Have fun
Oh yeah, Welcome to Ventura County.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:43 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah, they meet by the wendy's, I am going to go out there saturday night, just in case any wants to go, and knows there be at least 1 LS1 representin out there.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:54 AM
Teching In

Originally everyone would get together on Saturday night at the In&Out in Oxnard, or the Best Buy out there, or even the Krispy Kreme (when it was there) and then eventually make their way out to Camarillo.
Anyone know if they still do that? Or are Cam and Oxnard two different "meet ups?" Does Oxnard meet up at all anymore?
There was a guy a while ago that would go to the Oxnard meets who had a very sweet NBM SS.

Quick Reply: Anybody near Oxnard/Ventura?