Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Lets hear your favorite Mustang Story

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 03:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lt1 hawk
I just want to say the same thing I said on another board earlier... I don't know what it is, there are a lot of idiots in GM AND FORD, but for some reason, the idiot factor goes up with the mustangs. Maybe it is marketing. Read on:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilways
I think the respect factor of the Cobra over the GT500 ,for me,comes from this: If I see an older Cobra running well , I see a guy, no matter the age, who has put a lot of time and effort into their combos and have worked their asses off for what they have. When I see a GT500, all I see is either a kid that's cracked his Daddy's bank account or some old guy dipping into his retirement to relive the glory days. Coming form a heavily modded 2000 TA, the Cobras were the target to beat, along with the C5ZO6s, so alot of history with those cars as well.

Just want to make it clear, I agree with you Evilways. I have never had a problem with Mustangs, per say. I have just had a problem with the idiots who tend to drive them. Mustangs are easy to bolt on, which is more than I can say about a camaro in some respects. It is just that for some reason, when a lot of people get behind the wheel of a mustang, IQs seems to drop at least 25 points. This is not true all the time, but a lot. And that does not mean F-Bodies are immune to this. I have seen my share of retards with F-Bodies. Just something about Mustangs though...
I do have to say though, the funniest car I have ever seen was a 6.5 second PINTO. I kid you not, the guy had this funny looking blue car at a car show. I said to myself, "what the f**k is that?" I take a closer look, and sure enough, there is a Pinto all modded out and built up, with about 15 or 20 timeslips showing 6.4-7.0. Blew my mind. Funny as hell.
I can tell you what it is. Ratio Mustang owners to GM owners. They made about 25K a year in Camaro and the same in Trans-Am. There is about 200K a year made in Mustangs. So for every 1 Camro/Trans-Am owner there is 4 Mustang owners plus add on 2003 to today that there is no Camaro or Trans-Am made.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
What?!?! I said "his ABS was on", not "your ABS was on".
oh OK sorry ..... I neEd TWo LeRn hOw To ReAd EnlgiS......
Old 02-05-2008, 03:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by whatsgrip?
ITS CALLED SARCASM!!!!!
Undersatnd: just being called gay because you drive a mustang is not. I would never call someone that drives a GM a *** is all. I guess it is called respect.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by lt1 hawk
I just want to say the same thing I said on another board earlier... I don't know what it is, there are a lot of idiots in GM AND FORD, but for some reason, the idiot factor goes up with the mustangs. Maybe it is marketing. Read on:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilways
I think the respect factor of the Cobra over the GT500 ,for me,comes from this: If I see an older Cobra running well , I see a guy, no matter the age, who has put a lot of time and effort into their combos and have worked their asses off for what they have. When I see a GT500, all I see is either a kid that's cracked his Daddy's bank account or some old guy dipping into his retirement to relive the glory days. Coming form a heavily modded 2000 TA, the Cobras were the target to beat, along with the C5ZO6s, so alot of history with those cars as well.

Just want to make it clear, I agree with you Evilways. I have never had a problem with Mustangs, per say. I have just had a problem with the idiots who tend to drive them. Mustangs are easy to bolt on, which is more than I can say about a camaro in some respects. It is just that for some reason, when a lot of people get behind the wheel of a mustang, IQs seems to drop at least 25 points. This is not true all the time, but a lot. And that does not mean F-Bodies are immune to this. I have seen my share of retards with F-Bodies. Just something about Mustangs though...
I do have to say though, the funniest car I have ever seen was a 6.5 second PINTO. I kid you not, the guy had this funny looking blue car at a car show. I said to myself, "what the f**k is that?" I take a closer look, and sure enough, there is a Pinto all modded out and built up, with about 15 or 20 timeslips showing 6.4-7.0. Blew my mind. Funny as hell.
The Pinto was Turbo Joe. I cant stand the Pinto but his cars are fast.

Ford and Chevrolet will always be a rival, but certain things you should not say. I am on both Chevy and Ford Forums and never put down either or share my kill stories. But when you have an idiot that talks alot of **** it makes it that better.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1 BLOWN V8
Undersatnd: just being called gay because you drive a mustang is not. I would never call someone that drives a GM a *** is all. I guess it is called respect.
Wow someone got all butt hurt with a sarcastic post on a internet...... dude if your gunna try to pick a e-fight go to ls1.com.... there a lot people there thinking that, that is true...... cool off rethink what your gunna say cuz you are starting to sound like a ignorant fool..... If you knew that I have buddies with mustangs that would whoop my stock C5Z, would that make you feel better Respect is what Ls1tech and I are all about.... so chill the hell out......
Old 02-05-2008, 04:04 PM
11 Second Club

ITS CALLED SARCASM!!!!!

By the way no hard fillings I meet you a few weeks ago and we tried to set you up with our friends 2007 GT500 Cobra but you didn't want to run. If you ever do let us now.

By the way nice Yellow Z06 hopefully I will have my 2007-2008 Z06 soon.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:07 PM
TECH Resident

By the way no hard fillings I meet you a few weeks ago and we tried to set you up with our friends 2007 GT500 Cobra but you didn't want to run. If you ever do let us now.

By the way nice Yellow Z06 hopefully I will have my 2007-2008 Z06 soon.
Where...HOOTERS?.... I wouldn't mind getteing smoked.....
Old 02-05-2008, 04:16 PM
TECH Regular

I can tell you what it is. Ratio Mustang owners to GM owners. They made about 25K a year in Camaro and the same in Trans-Am. There is about 200K a year made in Mustangs. So for every 1 Camro/Trans-Am owner there is 4 Mustang owners plus add on 2003 to today that there is no Camaro or Trans-Am made.
there you go.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:22 PM
11 Second Club

Where...HOOTERS?.... I wouldn't mind getteing smoked.....
Yes it was at Hooters. I am not Butt Hurt I am stating my opnion is all. It is sounding like you got more upset. I have been on here for some time and now alot of people on here and this is the first time I spoke up and look what happened. I cant even state my opnion.

Like I said no hard fillings, all I was trying to state is not to point all the Mustang owners out, just some of the bad apples.

The Import guys to me are the worse.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:25 PM
TECH Resident

Yes it was at Hooters. I am not Butt Hurt I am stating my opnion is all. It is sounding like you got more upset. I have been on here for some time and now alot of people on here and this is the first time I spoke up and look what happened. I cant even state my opnion.
Are you sure You didnt talk to Savior1976 cuz I left early.... the whole time I was talking to Code4LS1 and another C6 owner......... I'm the chubby mexican with a pancho villa mustache..
Old 02-05-2008, 04:32 PM
11 Second Club

Are you sure You didnt talk to Savior1976 cuz I left early.... the whole time I was talking to Code4LS1 and another C6 owner......... I'm the chubby mexican with a pancho villa mustache..
No that was not you then. You know Dan also. They have done work on 3 of my cars. Next time I am out there I will check out your car. I have owned several GM'S but yet a Corvette. I want the new style Z06. My daughter will be 18 in a few years then no reason to have to have a 4 seater anymore.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:33 PM
TECH Regular

Like I said no hard fillings, all I was trying to state is not to point all the Mustang owners out, just some of the bad apples.

The Import guys to me are the worse.
its cool to state you opinion. I have stated my opinion before and it pissed people off. I don't think all mustang owners are bad actually. I have been on a few cruises with 3 different mustang owners (I might get flamed for this, but they were sweet mustangs and the owners were cool, and there were like 5 f bodies and 1 or 2 mustangs with us).

I do agree with you on the import thing, for the most part. An Eclipse would be considered an import, and I love those. I can never get over guys who spend tons of money on civics and never get them below 13 sec. That and I can't stand the sound of them or a fart can for exhaust. :shudders:
Old 02-05-2008, 04:35 PM
TECH Regular

No that was not you then. You know Dan also. They have done work on 3 of my cars. Next time I am out there I will check out your car. I have owned several GM'S but yet a Corvette. I want the new style Z06. My daughter will be 18 in a few years then no reason to have to have a 4 seater anymore.
hey, if you and whats grip ever are down near Pendleton, contact me through here, I would love to go with you on a cruise, as soon as I am out of the cast and can drive my baby again. No two pedal driving for the gimp!
Old 02-05-2008, 04:35 PM
TECH Resident

That C5 is a beast....... Damn your stang must move... Right now I have these 19" skinny out back..... so that cobra would eat my C5z up....
Old 02-05-2008, 04:38 PM
TECH Resident

It is sounding like you got more upset.
Sorry if I sounded mad.... I guess its cuz I'm 19
Old 02-05-2008, 04:44 PM
11 Second Club

That C5 is a beast....... Damn your stang must move... Right now I have these 19" skinny out back..... so that cobra would eat my C5z up....

Funny story:

I was out at Hooters a few weeks ago and a few import guys where checking it out for a race. First they say that is a huge tire on the back you must be fast. ( 315/35/17 BFG R on a 17X11 wheel ) Then I opened the hood and trunk. They see the Supercharger and then go in the back and see a big Nitrous bottle. First thing they ask me is. Is it fast? I stated yea I just ran a 13.5 at the track. They all said man that is fast and where not intrested in racing anymore. If they only knew what it really runs. I usually dont open the hood.

Last edited by 1 BLOWN V8; 02-05-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:49 PM
TECH Resident

Funny story:

I was out at Hooters a few weeks ago and a few import guys where checking it out for a race. First they say that is a huge tire on the back you must be fast. ( 315/35/17 BFG R on a 17X11 wheel ) Then I opened the hood and trunk. They see the Supercharger and then go in the back and see a big Nitrous bottle. First thing they ask me is. Is it fast? I stated yea I just ran a 13.5 at the track. They all said man that is fast and where not intrested in racing anymore. If they only knew what it really runs. I usually dont open teh hood.
wow there were some kids that when CODE4LS1 popped his hood up said," wow he has NAAAAWWWWSSS!"
Old 02-05-2008, 04:51 PM
11 Second Club

Sorry if I sounded mad.... I guess its cuz I'm 19
19 Damn and already have a vette. My first can was a 1974 Nova damn I am old. Every time I go to buy a vette I talk myself out of it.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:52 PM
11 Second Club

wow there were some kids that when CODE4LS1 popped his hood up said," wow he has NAAAAWWWWSSS!"
LOL...
Old 02-05-2008, 04:57 PM
TECH Resident

19 Damn and already have a vette. My first can was a 1974 Nova damn I am old. Every time I go to buy a vette I talk myself out of it.
Yep I got all by my self...... Being 18-19 With only 405 hp deserve respect and maturity. I had to learn quickly I'm not Micheal Schumacher or Ranger, to not end up as "the young kid who was taught a lesson by a telophone pole"

Quick Reply: Lets hear your favorite Mustang Story