Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

STREET RACING shut down in Porter Ranch

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STREET RACING shut down in Porter Ranch

Anybody get caught on here or was it all just those imports?

here is the story off fox 11 http://www.myfoxla.com/myfox/pages/H...Y&pageId=1.1.1

Last edited by Z28driving; 08-08-2008 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:51 AM
TECH Regular

no one there street races just make it clear.,
Old 08-08-2008, 11:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gay!! i have never been to the porter ranch meet nor do i want to but that fkn cop said that if your car has been modified they're gonna impound your car and you go to jail? WTF...thats bullshit!!
Old 08-08-2008, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

i was going to go but i knocked out

so i dont know if something really happened
Old 08-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Banned

wow WTF? thats some crazy ****, funny i thought it was Wednesday yesterday so i dident go
Old 08-08-2008, 01:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by L3THAL_Z28
gay!! i have never been to the porter ranch meet nor do i want to but that fkn cop said that if your car has been modified they're gonna impound your car and you go to jail? WTF...thats bullshit!!
you misunderstood...he said if you're car is modified then they will stop you...the reporter cut in and said something to the effect of "if you're caught racing", then they continued with the officer who went on to say they would arrest you and impound the car.

meaning...if ur modified, they may stop you.

if you're racing, they'll arrest you and take your car.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:40 PM
TECH Addict

I find it funny that this whole time they have had LAPD officers in squad cars sit in the lot and bullshit with all the drivers, even encourage them to showoff. They also allowed bikes and cars to do doughnuts, trucks to "drag" frame, lowriders to roll around messing with their hydros.

And only now do they start busting people? Hahaha weak attempt to make money.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by cpe21
you misunderstood...he said if you're car is modified then they will stop you...the reporter cut in and said something to the effect of "if you're caught racing", then they continued with the officer who went on to say they would arrest you and impound the car.

meaning...if ur modified, they may stop you.

if you're racing, they'll arrest you and take your car.
well good thing my car looks pretty stock...and my magnaflow is quiet even with my longtubes ....my license plate might give me away tho
Old 08-08-2008, 02:48 PM
TECH Regular

they wont pull over domestics really either, mostly honda's looking for motor swaps and stolen motors.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:09 PM
TECH Addict

Only because domestics re-use vins and don't put serial numbers on anything Can't really prove that something is stolen simply by looking at it.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:33 PM
TECH Junkie

I don't advocate street racing... not saying I never do it... but be smart about it... do it where there are no bi-standards that are gonna get hurt...

I agree with some of the stupid rules the cops are pulling these days.. pure B.S....
Old 08-08-2008, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sick....
Old 08-08-2008, 04:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

anyone find it funny how there taping live and no one really cares lol .. i even saw eye witness news van there. . i donno personaly i would think theres something going to happen but hey thats just me. .

and ya they catch more hondas because its easier to tell on those cars then it is on domestics. . like he said no vins . . they dont make money on ref tickets its stolen parts and cars they can just auction off. .
Old 08-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
I find it funny that this whole time they have had LAPD officers in squad cars sit in the lot and bullshit with all the drivers, even encourage them to showoff. They also allowed bikes and cars to do doughnuts, trucks to "drag" frame, lowriders to roll around messing with their hydros.

And only now do they start busting people? Hahaha weak attempt to make money.
This is really getting old the whole "weak attempt to make money" frame of thought in regards to police pulling people over and busting people. Police officers do not make the laws they merely enforce them; second, they are not getting paid extra or pocketing the money themselves when they dish out tickets- they are simply doing what they are told to do by city/county/state legislatures; and finally, I am obviously a fan of cars and racing myself, but when it comes down to it we all know that "street racing" is illegal and if you are not willing to pay the price of getting caught then perhaps you should look for another hobby. This is how it probably went- since everyone is being affected during these harsh economic times, the city council or county must have already known about Porter Ranch for some time and told the police to start enforcing more laws against "street racers" in order to help the county/city funding out.

I myself have gotten a string of tickets lately that I perceive to be lame, but I cannot blame an officer for simply doing his job (unless they are part of that overzealous percentage that are jackasses and are responsible for changing the public's perception of cops). Although I have never been to Porter Ranch- it is unfortunate that there is one less place to enjoy our cars at a time when more and more of our freedoms as car enthusiasts are being encroached upon.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
I don't advocate street racing... not saying I never do it... but be smart about it... do it where there are no bi-standards that are gonna get hurt...
i agree with you here...well, to some degree; i'm not sure what you consider to be "bi-standards", but my heterosexual standards allow me to race on the streets as long as there are no bystanders.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

^^ , lol
Old 08-08-2008, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 08-08-2008, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Drake02
This is really getting old the whole "weak attempt to make money" frame of thought in regards to police pulling people over and busting people. Police officers do not make the laws they merely enforce them; second, they are not getting paid extra or pocketing the money themselves when they dish out tickets- they are simply doing what they are told to do by city/county/state legislatures; and finally, I am obviously a fan of cars and racing myself, but when it comes down to it we all know that "street racing" is illegal and if you are not willing to pay the price of getting caught then perhaps you should look for another hobby. This is how it probably went- since everyone is being affected during these harsh economic times, the city council or county must have already known about Porter Ranch for some time and told the police to start enforcing more laws against "street racers" in order to help the county/city funding out.
That assumption is way out in left field (****, it's in the parking lot past the bleachers), I don't know where you got that from. I can almost guarantee that NO ONE on this forum thinks the cops get paid extra or pocket the money themselves from the tickets they issue.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Drake02

I myself have gotten a string of tickets lately that I perceive to be lame, but I cannot blame an officer for simply doing his job (unless they are part of that overzealous percentage that are jackasses and are responsible for changing the public's perception of cops). Although I have never been to Porter Ranch- it is unfortunate that there is one less place to enjoy our cars at a time when more and more of our freedoms as car enthusiasts are being encroached upon.
i find it funny that every time you post something it has to at least be about a paragraph long
Old 08-08-2008, 06:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by cpe21
i agree with you here...well, to some degree; i'm not sure what you consider to be "bi-standards", but my heterosexual standards allow me to race on the streets as long as there are no bystanders.
i must say... even though directed at me...

that was funny

Quick Reply: STREET RACING shut down in Porter Ranch