Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Where in Sacramento, CA is reputable to get a dyno tune?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 01:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Where in Sacramento, CA is reputable to get a dyno tune?

Hey guys, is there anywhere in Sacramento, CA that you know is reputable where I can get a good dyno tune?
Old 10-01-2008, 03:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would spend the gas money and come down to Hayward, two amazing tuners in the area...

Nick Newton, owner of Newtech Performance- Great tuner, especially with big cam's as well as a great guy

And Rick at Synergy Motorsports....

Both good, I'd go with Nick..
Old 10-01-2008, 08:33 AM
On The Tree

Default Where in Sacramento, CA is reputable to get a dyno tune?

You could call Force Fed Performance 916-331-1611
Old 12-11-2008, 06:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

force fed is crap
Old 12-11-2008, 09:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, they (Force Fed) just tuned my 130K SS last night w/ numbers in sig...through a catted Y. And they even knocked off some money because it was tuned previously by another shop and because I had a lot of work done there on another vehicle.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Launching!

synergy is your best choice.Rick will take care of ya
Old 12-11-2008, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tha joker
synergy is your best choice.Rick will take care of ya
Are you "Tha Joker" that intro'd me to Robert at Advanced Dyno...Dude what happened?

Anyway, Rick at synergy took good care of me on my Ls7 clutch a couple years ago, just too damn far...That's why I went Force Fed this time. Keiths a pretty good guy, takes a while to warm up to, but once he gets to know you, he's a good guy.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you want great drivability rather than just a horsepower number, give Mark Romans a call at 916-770-0475. He will meet with you, plug his laptop into your port and drive around with you. He will evaluate what your engine is doing and make adjustments that match the way you drive. He spent about 2 hours with me. He even put an air/fuel meter in the tail pipe and we drove around so he could get my fuel curve just right. He does a safe tune, makes sure it is not too lean so you don't hurt your motor. All the timing is right on now through out the RPM range in every gear. The car drives like a dream now and is super responsive. Give him a call before you commit to a dyno tune. He has some great references too.

Pat
Old 12-12-2008, 01:02 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stu Cool
If you want great drivability rather than just a horsepower number, give Mark Romans a call at 916-770-0475. He will meet with you, plug his laptop into your port and drive around with you. He will evaluate what your engine is doing and make adjustments that match the way you drive. He spent about 2 hours with me. He even put an air/fuel meter in the tail pipe and we drove around so he could get my fuel curve just right. He does a safe tune, makes sure it is not too lean so you don't hurt your motor. All the timing is right on now through out the RPM range in every gear. The car drives like a dream now and is super responsive. Give him a call before you commit to a dyno tune. He has some great references too.

Pat
agreed x2! awesome guy a good friend of mine. would never let anybody else touch my car.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 00Formula00
I would spend the gas money and come down to Hayward, two amazing tuners in the area...

Nick Newton, owner of Newtech Performance- Great tuner, especially with big cam's as well as a great guy

And Rick at Synergy Motorsports....

Both good, I'd go with Nick..
I want to put some longtubes, cam and clutch in soon, seems like both shops are good.

I don't know who to choose. Someone help me.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:46 PM
12 Second Club

387 at the wheels but does anybody know what that is at the engine?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:49 PM
10 Second Club

Just take a 6 hour drive to CMS.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Another vote for Nick at Newtech. I would never let force-fed even look at my car much less touch it. I have heard great things about Synergy as well. I would trust Cam as well as he has a nice running car.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by camscam02
agreed x2! awesome guy a good friend of mine. would never let anybody else touch my car.
Another vote for Mark Roman as well, he drove out to Plumas Lake to street tune my car for driveability (Daily Driver) and a week later, Dyno tuned my car at SVS. Mark's a great guy and explains everything to you in regards to the car's tune. Also, this past weekend I had him address some driveability issues I was having with the car for a grand total of $0. Also, any time you need something changed (tune wise) on your car, Mark will update your tune free of charge.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:55 PM
On The Tree

My vote for Force Fed. Keith has tuned all 3 of my cars and they have ALL performed and drive great. Anytime I ever needed something changed Keith always took care of me.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
Just take a 6 hour drive to CMS.
lol thanks ivan.... i am an option, although i am pretty far away... i have heard good things about nick at newtech, and rick at synergy, although i have not seen their work in person.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:37 AM

Thumbs up

We met Mark Romans yesterday, he is one cool guy & he knows his cars, he has us back up & running !! Call him @ 916-770-0475, he will call back when he can !!!! Norm
Old 04-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Teching In

Well my car was tuned by newtech nick. My tuner said it looked good. My tuner was able to tweak it a make it better but overall nicks tune seemed legit.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Launching!

i got my tuned by force fed and it worked ok for a while until i came to so cal and i started to have miss fires so i took it to the masters at cms and ryne showed me they TUNED MY CAR WITH CLOSE LOOP WTF!!!!!! so ryne as always takes great care of me and retuned my car wow talk about a difference in daily driving! For some reason i keep finding my self going back to CMS......t56 rebuild.........418 stroker motor getting putting in now!! they talk time out of their own time after work hours to work on my car many times.....
if you want the best no one is CAN match CMS!!!!!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by racerfox
i got my tuned by force fed and it worked ok for a while until i came to so cal and i started to have miss fires so i took it to the masters at cms and ryne showed me they TUNED MY CAR WITH CLOSE LOOP WTF!!!!!! so ryne as always takes great care of me and retuned my car wow talk about a difference in daily driving! For some reason i keep finding my self going back to CMS......t56 rebuild.........418 stroker motor getting putting in now!! they talk time out of their own time after work hours to work on my car many times.....
if you want the best no one is CAN match CMS!!!!!
No offense ..you must suck a good dick...Just saying..

Everyone has their opinion. Never dealt with cms. as far as rick, nick and mark romans they can all do great jobs, service can be the difference.

Quick Reply: Where in Sacramento, CA is reputable to get a dyno tune?