What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2000 Black WS6 LQ4 L92 heads

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 08:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Black WS6 LQ4 L92 heads

Hey guys,

I'm posting from my phone so I'll post pics later but I'm trying to finish up school and I'm thinking about selling my Trans Am to help out with that. I still owe some on it so I was wanting to see what you guys thought I could get out of it. I'll list all the specs

2000 True WS6
Black 6 spd
T tops
Black interior

Engine:
LQ4
New rings and bearings about 10k miles ago
TSP CNC Ported L92 heads
TSP 229 236 .614 .625 Lift 111 LSA cam
Monster stage 3 clutch
Rebuilt stage 2 tick transmission, done by someone local
AC has been deleted (just pulled the compressor and lines right now)
Alternation relocation
LS3 intake

Drivetrain:
MWC 9 inch
Wavetrac with 4.30 gears
35 spline axles
PST 3.5" driveshaft

Suspension
Bilstein rear shocks
MWC long arm TA
Spohn Panhard bar
Spohn LCAs

17x9.5 Black C6 Z06 OE wheels
295 45 17 MT ET streets 2

Car put down 464 rwhp
Best time is a 11.97 on MT ET streets with a 1.86 60'

Hood needs a respray as the clear is chipping

Car is solid and I could also include a Burkhart chassis bumper support and a turbo kit. Intercooler, crossover, truck manifolds, intercooler brackets. It was a kit by a newer company on here and I can't remember their name. I'll update later

Anyways, any thoughts on what I could get? I really don't want to get rid of it but if I could get enough to finish school and move to a part time job I think I'm going to. Right now I'm working overtime and going to 14 credit hours in school and I just don't think I can keep it up. Thanks guys
Old 08-25-2012, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

How many miles on body? On engine? Have receipts or dyno chart? These will help determine.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:59 PM
10 Second Club

Sorry forgot to mention. 111K on body. 10k on the rings and all that on the motor. I am not sure about the mileage on the actual internals. I have a dyno chart and some receipts but not for everything. Motor was built by the user burgers on here.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:48 PM
10 Second Club

Dyno video
http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/o...7-14-16-31.mp4

The chrome C6 wheels were the old ones and have been sold. I don't have any good pictures of the clear coat peeling but it'll definitely need resprayed.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:50 PM
10 Second Club

Also the turbo kit is the Huron speed kit and that dyno video wasn't the final run. I have a printed one with the 464 hp and 420 ft lbs. Also exhaust is pacesetter headers and tsp true duals dumped.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 516 Likes on 372 Posts

I really like that picture with the castle-like building. Where was that taken?
Ref your car price I am sure you have read about mods bringing almost no extra money right now. Your car is probably worth a lot more than what you will actually get for it. 100,000+ miles cars are bringing south of $8,000. If you are comfortable selling in that price neighborhood, ask $8,000 and be ready to negotiate. If no calls, then lower the price until you hit the 'sweet spot' when the phone starts ringing.
Good luck with school!
Old 08-26-2012, 11:26 AM
10 Second Club

The picture is at Coronado Heights in Kansas. The castle thing was built in memory of Francisco Vásquez de Coronado because that was where he gave up on his search for the city of god. It's a pretty cool little place.

You really think only 8k? I was hoping for around 13k or so. I know you never get back what you put into it but a 3k+ rear end, 4k+ motor, and a fresh trans doesn't raise the value at all?
Old 08-26-2012, 03:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 516 Likes on 372 Posts

Thanks for the photo info.
Sorry about the pricing news. No, it would be extremely unlikely to get anything even close to that. While many really appreciate what you have done and accomplshed with the car, almost no one will pay you for it. You probably have better things to do with your time than read all the posts here over the years, but I have. It is heartbreaking to read about incredibly modded cars with extremely low mileage fetching nothing over price guide values like www.nada.com or www.kbb.com. It is just the way it is with these cars. When you mod, you do it for yourself and hope to keep the car for many years to enjoy.
Others who are reading this right now can stop at this point as this is just a re-hash, but for the OP let me somewhat explain the buyer's market. Your car will appeal to others like yourself in the younger age brackets. Middle aged men and females generally do not like modded cars. Not all, but most. Being limited to this younger market means selling to guys with very little money in most cases. They can barely afford an $8,000 car, never mind gambling on a 100,000 miles car that may have been driven hard and costing thousands more. It just isn't happening. Oh sure, you will get the posters that say,"I'd give you $12,000 for it" but when push comes to shove, the deal is not completed. Worth vs actual value. I hope this helps explain it a little bit.
Also, just for grins, look at what prices these various, seemingly nice, 2000 WS6 models (listed below) are being advertised for. They have lower mileage than yours too. These asking prices are obviously too high as they are NOT selling. Some have been viewed over one thousand times but no buyers. People just aren't banging these owners doors down to buy their cars. They are overpriced. There are dozens of similar cars for sale. Very few 12 year old WS6 models are selling in this price range unless they have very low miles and no issues. Wishful thinking owners and dealers just keeping their fingers crossed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-...item3f1b1dcd88
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...23563400&Log=0
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...22019497&Log=0
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...15953667&Log=0

Last edited by NC01TA; 08-26-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Thanks for the photo info.
Sorry about the pricing news. No, it would be extremely unlikely to get anything even close to that. While many really appreciate what you have done and accomplshed with the car, almost no one will pay you for it. You probably have better things to do with your time than read all the posts here over the years, but I have. It is heartbreaking to read about incredibly modded cars with extremely low mileage fetching nothing over price guide values like www.nada.com or www.kbb.com. It is just the way it is with these cars. When you mod, you do it for yourself and hope to keep the car for many years to enjoy.
Others who are reading this right now can stop at this point as this is just a re-hash, but for the OP let me somewhat explain the buyer's market. Your car will appeal to others like yourself in the younger age brackets. Middle aged men and females generally do not like modded cars. Not all, but most. Being limited to this younger market means selling to guys with very little money in most cases. They can barely afford an $8,000 car, never mind gambling on a 100,000 miles car that may have been driven hard and costing thousands more. It just isn't happening. Oh sure, you will get the posters that say,"I'd give you $12,000 for it" but when push comes to shove, the deal is not completed. Worth vs actual value. I hope this helps explain it a little bit.
Also, just for grins, look at what prices these various, seemingly nice, 2000 WS6 models (listed below) are being advertised for. They have lower mileage than yours too. These asking prices are obviously too high as they are NOT selling. Some have been viewed over one thousand times but no buyers. People just aren't banging these owners doors down to buy their cars. They are overpriced. There are dozens of similar cars for sale. Very few 12 year old WS6 models are selling in this price range unless they have very low miles and no issues. Wishful thinking owners and dealers just keeping their fingers crossed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-...item3f1b1dcd88
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...23563400&Log=0
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...22019497&Log=0
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...15953667&Log=0
This guy hit it dead on! I'm in the market for a more modded car such as this, and i'm a young male with not alot of money to spend. I'd pay 8500-9K for your car. For 13K I could buy a turn key turbo/procharged car with the same amount of miles and assloads more horsepower and some nicer components. Your car is very nice, but you need to find the right buyer for it. Unfortunatley that's how the market for these cars is.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Teching In

agree! my buddy had a 98 ws6 procharged ran 9.90 and 790rwhp with a built 6.0 suspension 9"rear end 50k miles mint no body damage or interior flaws. built great didnt over heat and could b drove where ever. he listed it for 16k had it up for 2 months no calls he dropped to 14 k and a week later guy brought 13,800.but he only got 3 call in that whole time. and he had reciepts for 33k he had in the car and he owned it for 7year he did all work from stock. thats just my two sense bone stock low miles its collector.but slightly modded with high miles only go for 6-9k depending year n condition. 98 is worst year and also known to have bad computers
Old 09-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Teching In

a guy locally has a 99 ws6 76k miles very clean 9 out of 10 auto trans stock except exhuast and he only got 6000$ he prob got more if it was 6 speed. in my shoes 6 speed suck for the high hp but people will pay more for a 6 speed then auto

Quick Reply: 2000 Black WS6 LQ4 L92 heads