What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1999 NBM SS Convertible with White Top and Interior

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2021, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Default 1999 NBM SS Convertible with White Top and Interior

Recently aquired a 1999 camaro SS. Its NBM, convertible with white top and white leather interior. 27k original miles and all stock down to the air filter. Auto trans. I did some searching around and have yet to see another one like it. Any idea if I can find out production numbers on a car like this? Any ideas on what the car might be worth? It is immaculate inside and out. Should have pictures up soon.
Old 12-06-2021, 01:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 155 Likes on 129 Posts

Wow, white interior and top with NBM? Got any pics? Sounds cool.
Old 12-06-2021, 02:37 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,739 Likes on 1,246 Posts

According to my Camaro book (by Robert Casey), which has proven to be quite accurate so far, there was only one 1999 SS convertible with NBM paint, an auto trans, and white leather interior. There were three others in this same combination with a manual, but apparently only one auto. Looks like you have that one.

I imagine this is a very sharp color combo and probably looks striking. Value is all over the place on cars like this right now, mostly depending on who is in the market when/where you decide to list, so it's hard to judge. The "1 of 1" status would be more meaningful if the car had under 5k miles (especially if it was WELL under 5k miles) and was for a more desirable reason than being an auto trans (such as if the auto and manual numbers were flipped). Still, the mileage is low enough that if it has always been collector/enthusiast owned and cared for/stored/detailed properly as a fair weather toy then it could certainly still appeal to a collector as something rare and unique. At 27k miles it would no longer be a #1 condition car unless it had always been operated inside a bubble, but it could very well be a strong #2+ car if, again, it's seen a life of collector care and extremely careful usage.

FWIW, there are a handful of us 4th gen collectors/enthusiasts who actually prefer the auto trans, such as myself, so this is the sort of car that could be interesting to me.

Would be great to see some pictures.
The following 2 users liked this post by RPM WS6:
MTBSully (12-07-2021), NC01TA (12-07-2021)
Old 12-06-2021, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

In for the pics!!
Old 12-07-2021, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
According to my Camaro book (by Robert Casey), which has proven to be quite accurate so far, there was only one 1999 SS convertible with NBM paint, an auto trans, and white leather interior. There were three others in this same combination with a manual, but apparently only one auto. Looks like you have that one.

I imagine this is a very sharp color combo and probably looks striking. Value is all over the place on cars like this right now, mostly depending on who is in the market when/where you decide to list, so it's hard to judge. The "1 of 1" status would be more meaningful if the car had under 5k miles (especially if it was WELL under 5k miles) and was for a more desirable reason than being an auto trans (such as if the auto and manual numbers were flipped). Still, the mileage is low enough that if it has always been collector/enthusiast owned and cared for/stored/detailed properly as a fair weather toy then it could certainly still appeal to a collector as something rare and unique. At 27k miles it would no longer be a #1 condition car unless it had always been operated inside a bubble, but it could very well be a strong #2+ car if, again, it's seen a life of collector care and extremely careful usage.

FWIW, there are a handful of us 4th gen collectors/enthusiasts who actually prefer the auto trans, such as myself, so this is the sort of car that could be interesting to me.

Would be great to see some pictures.
Very cool thanks for the information! Got a link to this book you speak of?

Pics will be up soon. Im taking my time perfecting the paint detailing it!
Old 12-07-2021, 12:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 523 Likes on 376 Posts

Congratulations on a wonderful purchase. I also prefer the auto transmission in these F-bodies. Since you have a 6 speed in your C6, this A4 will make for a nice difference too. If you haven't done so already, make sure you change ALL the fluids unless you have a documented history of maintenance. The power steering fluid can get nasty. Fuel filter too which is easily overlooked. Age is the key factor here, not miles. I'm sure you are aware of these things already but just mentioning since I've owned F-bodies since 1996.

Be careful with that white top. They are a bear to keep clean. Use only the RAGGTOPP products, and even then, a small section at a time to make sure there are no issues. My top is taupe 'tan' and it's still the original 20 year old top. I have used the RAGGTOPP products since day one. 77,700 miles later (garage kept) and hanging in there.

As far as 'what's it worth', these times of escalated pricing makes it tough. I would say definitely high teens $16,000+ would be an excellent deal and even low 20's would be OK. Hagerty has me insured at $16,500 and they would have you in the low $20's for appraised value, if the car is excellent.

Last edited by NC01TA; 12-07-2021 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 12-21-2021, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Pics as requested. Absolutely love this color combo! She is for sale if anyone is interested! I'm looking to build a 1969 camaro this winter and need the room.

The following users liked this post:
NC01TA (02-14-2022)
Old 12-22-2021, 09:35 AM
TECH Junkie

That is SWEET!!! What a cool looking color combo. GLWS! What are you asking??
Old 12-22-2021, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NC01TA
That is SWEET!!! What a cool looking color combo. GLWS! What are you asking??
$19,500. Im making a post in the for sale section shortly.

If anyone is interested in the process I took to get the car to this point. The Part 1 video is on my youtube channel. Part 2 coming soon:

The following users liked this post:
NC01TA (12-23-2021)
Old 12-23-2021, 09:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Outside of the music I enjoyed the video. I can not believe how bad that top was. No excuse for that by the prior owner who obviously didn't care. You did a wonderful job and I'm sure the car will sell quick after the holiday. GLWS!!
Old 12-23-2021, 02:30 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,739 Likes on 1,246 Posts

I didn't watch the video (my old computer is fussy about these), so I apologize if some of these items have already been covered in said video, but I wonder what the deal is with the SS badging on the left fender? Was the fender ever replaced or repainted? The badge must've been replaced/reinstalled at some point because it's noticeably off center.

Car looks great otherwise! I love the color combo. The "Whistler" modded headlights are a matter of taste, but they certainly don't look bad. The rubber gasket is slightly more visible where it meets the fender than how it would have been stock, but if these are aftermarket housings (they are manufactured a bit too small and tend to show gaps/too much gasket) then I'm not surprised and that's actually quite nice, and probably as good as it will get. If it's a modified factory housing then it might just need further adjustment to be perfect.

Looks like the rear brake rotors are still original (there is a white paint dot on the rotor hat that's visible in the second to the last picture above - this is something I've only ever seen on assembly line original rotors). Can't tell if the front brakes are also still original, but if so then the car was likely not driven too hard.

Truly a beautiful color combo. Thanks for sharing the pics of this rare SS!
Old 12-29-2021, 04:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 155 Likes on 129 Posts

I love that car!! Beautiful machine.

Quick Reply: 1999 NBM SS Convertible with White Top and Interior