Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Need recommondation on Polished Aluminum Wheel Wax

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 06:46 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question Need recommondation on Polished Aluminum Wheel Wax

Hey everyone.

I just got a used set of Centerline Convo Pro's for racing and limited street duty. I got them looking damn good with some Mother's Billet Polish but incase some water and **** gets on them. I want it where I can wash it off or wipe off and keep them clean.

Whats a good Wax/Protectant.

I do have a can of Cleaner Wax from Meguiars, as well as NXT and #26 Hi-Tech.

Have seen post about people using cleaner wax. Will this be considered sufficent protection?? The Pic is Pre-Polish, had water spots and smudges the cleaned up killer.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:01 PM
Internet Mechanic

On the Meguiar's site, so far NXT 2.0 is leading as it handle the heat. But ANY opinions appreciated.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used Rejex on my Billet Specialties. Its supposed to be bad *** and last a while. There is also Zoop Seal that you can use too.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:41 PM
TECH Regular

how much is that Rejex stuff? zoop seal is $99 i believe....
mothers billet polish is awesome! i have been using that on my street lites... im gonna post a before and after picture when im done polishing them!
Wheres your after picture???
Old 06-16-2010, 06:32 AM
Internet Mechanic

I finished all 4 tires up last night and ended up putting a coat of NXT on them. I will post some pics tonight.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:47 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NXPRSS
how much is that Rejex stuff? zoop seal is $99 i believe....
mothers billet polish is awesome! i have been using that on my street lites... im gonna post a before and after picture when im done polishing them!
Wheres your after picture???
The Rejex was like $25. I have a thread on here with the wheels after I put them on. Yeah I use Mothers to polish and the Rejex to seal/wax them.

Last edited by LS1RedZ; 06-16-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:25 PM
TECH Junkie

ive heard alot about that blingmaster stuff and alot of people say that if used right itll take a set of polished wheels and make look damn close to chrome but idk ive never tried it or seen it in person
Old 06-16-2010, 05:36 PM
TECH Regular

i have tried that blingmaster stuff and im not a real fan of it... i had better luck with the mothers billet polish...
BlackScreamingMachine, did you use a powerball to polish your wheels? or old fashioned hand job? lol...
i bought a set of used billet specialties street lites and been working on polishing them up...(i dont like the powerball, so its the old fashion way for me!) i did the skinnies, but i still have the rears to do... i took a pic of before and after, ill post em up when im done with em all...
Old 06-17-2010, 09:24 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by NXPRSS
i have tried that blingmaster stuff and im not a real fan of it... i had better luck with the mothers billet polish...
BlackScreamingMachine, did you use a powerball to polish your wheels? or old fashioned hand job? lol...
i bought a set of used billet specialties street lites and been working on polishing them up...(i dont like the powerball, so its the old fashion way for me!) i did the skinnies, but i still have the rears to do... i took a pic of before and after, ill post em up when im done with em all...
Definitly by hand, ouch! My arm still hurts lol. Actually it was not bad, the Wheels were really in good shape, just needed some Brightening.

I worked the ring of the rim 1/3rd of the time and then each spoke by itself and then the Stud ring. I was way ahead of myself and started on the 40+ dents around the inner ring. Using my finger to aggitate and then Wadded up terry cloth.

I still have some minor spotting near the bolts but IMO unless your polishing, your not going to notice.

The only Power product that I like is the Powercone. I have definitly found uses for that.

I have used a Power ball on a DIFFERENT set of Convo Pros and the edges in the holes are sharp and it wash chopping up the ball.

Also the Mother's Billet seeming is a more aggressive product and required really no pressure. Just aggitation in percise, circular motion allowed for brillant results.

Quick Reply: Need recommondation on Polished Aluminum Wheel Wax