Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks
View Poll Results: Which Set Of Wheels For A Black FRC?
Black Deep Dish w/ Chrome Lip
28.57%
Chrome Deep Dish
31.43%
Black Deep Dish w/ Chrome Lip & Rivets
8.57%
Gun Metal Deep Dish w/ Chrome Lip & Rivets
22.86%
Other (Please post in thread)
8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

It's Tough Deciding Which Wheels To Buy!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 10:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's Tough Deciding Which Wheels To Buy!

Hey guys - I have a set of new NT555RII's sitting in the garage and I find that I'm having a tough time deciding on which set of wheels I would like to buy to have these tires mounted.

Here is a couple close up pictures of my Vette's current wheels right now for reference:

Now if I had the money I'd be picking up a set of CCW's but my budget isn't that big right now. I will say - I do love the style of the C6 Z06 wheels and the deep dish is calling my name lol plus they are pretty affordable. These are the 4 particular selections that have my attention right now.

1. Black Deep Dish w/ Chrome Lip

2. Chrome Deep Dish

3. Black Deep Dish w/ Chrome Lip & Rivets

4. Gunmetal Deep Dish w/ Chrome Lip & Rivets

What do you guys think? The reason why I'm asking is because I've been trying to decide for the past couple months and I feel like I just can't make up my mind :*****:. Honestly, I think they'd all look great . So I figured I'd post up this thread to see if anyone can sway my decision . If you have any other recommendations feel free to post! Thanks
Old 02-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

honest i think your car is to nice for any of those wheels , but its all in your budget, those wheels are nice but i dont think there nicer than what you have. nice wheels are not cheap and not everyone can put up 3 grand for rims, but i would look into some of the true forged wheels, there really nice and want to expand into the ls based cars, i have talked to a few people that got really good quotes from them, i see alot of really nice rims for sell for vettes, alot of nice forged wheels for around 2500 with tires,its up to you but i would keep an eye out for a killer deal in the parts section

Last edited by BOBS99SS; 02-06-2012 at 11:03 AM. Reason: error
Old 02-06-2012, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

Thanks man ^ I appreciate the compliments on the car. It's true though - I've always been geared towards putting money towards performance and not in the looks department. Paying a few thousand for wheels seems crazy to me even though I'd love to have them. I know these wheels I posted are very affordable and I figured I'd switch things up while running the new tires. But I'll admit it's a tough decision.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i like the gun metal color but i dont like the rivits.

i also really like the machined face z06 wheels. i think those would look good on your car IMO, but i voted for the gun metal / grey ones
Old 02-06-2012, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I voted chrome, because I am not a big fan of rivets and those would look so clean!
Old 02-06-2012, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Personally, I say just keep your current wheels if you're just gonna go cheap on some others.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Captain Double Post

I've always been geared towards putting money towards performance and not in the looks department
i have the same issue, this year i put some money into the looks instead of performance, it was hard to do just because go fast stuff is the way to go , what good is a car that looks like it runs 10s when it doesnt lol, but im glad i did, it looks alot better than it did, pretty much all i have left to do is new wheels, im so burnt on the pro stars, but i realize rims are not cheap and im looking at drag wheels , i could never make up my mind on 18,19 inch wheels ,your car is really nice though man, i know most hate rivets but im a fan of them . i know how it is to want a change but make a good upgrade, i think your rims look better than the ones you posted
Old 02-06-2012, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
i also really like the machined face z06 wheels. i think those would look good on your car IMO, but i voted for the gun metal / grey ones
I like those also but I find that I really like the Deep Dish look. It's something I want to try out on the Vette.

Originally Posted by CamaroSS27
I voted chrome, because I am not a big fan of rivets and those would look so clean!
I do like the chrome on black a lot. I'm not sure how I feel about rivets. On some wheels/cars they look great and on some they don't.

Originally Posted by Guitar
Personally, I say just keep your current wheels if you're just gonna go cheap on some others.
I thought about this but I would rather switch it up and put on something else - then sell the current wheels/tires that I have on the car. The tires only have like 3k miles on them with plenty of life left. If I do that I could probably make out very well.

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
i have the same issue, this year i put some money into the looks instead of performance, it was hard to do just because go fast stuff is the way to go , what good is a car that looks like it runs 10s when it doesnt lol, but im glad i did, it looks alot better than it did, pretty much all i have left to do is new wheels, im so burnt on the pro stars, but i realize rims are not cheap and im looking at drag wheels , i could never make up my mind on 18,19 inch wheels ,your car is really nice though man, i know most hate rivets but im a fan of them . i know how it is to want a change but make a good upgrade, i think your rims look better than the ones you posted
Yea - it's tough to make that turn and start modding for appearance. Everytime I spend money on something like that; I always think "well, I could've done this for performance" lol. I like my current wheels but I just want to switch it up and since it's fairly inexpensive I don't mind taking the hit. It definitely costs to make your ride look nice
Old 02-06-2012, 02:48 PM
TECH Resident

would have voted for the gun metal ones if it wasn't for the rivets. so i went with option #1
Old 02-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Captain Double Post

i think the best oe wheels is the c5dd, i really wish they had the machine face with rivets, now a set of those pc all black lip and all would be pretty sick, i have seen a few sets done like that and there really nice,
Old 02-06-2012, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

i think the best oe wheels is the c5dd, i really wish they had the machine face with rivets, now a set of those pc all black lip and all would be pretty sick, i have seen a few sets done like that and there really nice,
If I had the money to blow I would love to pick up a set of CCW Classics or SP500's - those for the longest time have had my attention but they really cost a pretty penny! lol. I'll admit I do like the C5 Deep Dish wheels because they almost remind me of the SP500's lol... man that wheel looks like pure sex:

C5 Deep Dish:

SP500's :

It looks like I'm going to have to spend some time on CorvetteForum looking at the "Post pics of your Black Vette" thread to find a combo that I really like. This is proving a very difficult task trying to decide .
Old 02-06-2012, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 210 Likes on 162 Posts

Ace alloy slicks in hyper black would look sick on your vette.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:40 AM
Teching In

maybe spend a little more $ and get some F14's, I love these wheels and I'd bet they would look great on a black C5 with gunmetal or silver finish. Hell even the forgestar CF5's.... I doubt you'd have any regrets..

f14
http://sjvhk.jabzm.servertrust.com/p..._p/fst-f14.htm
f14s on a white car

cf5
http://sjvhk.jabzm.servertrust.com/p..._p/fst-cf5.htm
photoshopped cf5s

Last edited by 98NBMF; 02-07-2012 at 03:46 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:07 AM
Captain Double Post

forgestars are nice, look into the f05 , better version of a c5dd, and there price isnt that bad eithier
Old 02-07-2012, 07:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

forgestars are nice, look into the f05 , better version of a c5dd, and there price isnt that bad eithier
Hey, don't be giving people ideas!

Lol.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Get c5 dd in either chrome or black. Looks way better on your vette. Where did you get those ramps and how much do they cost?
Old 02-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Captain Double Post

lol, sorry but i never found out why those wheels were never a bigger hit, its a killer wheel,great price, and looks killer honest the other forgestar rims dont look as good as the f05s,
Old 02-07-2012, 10:01 AM
TECH Regular

voted gunmetal with or without rivets
Old 02-07-2012, 10:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I voted Chrome c6z from the choices you had in the poll.

The black CCWs on the black c5z look great, honestly those CCW wheels are very similar to deep dish c5z oewheels sells.

Unless you are a wheels expert or know the difference. They will look great on a budget.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dabest09
Get c5 dd in either chrome or black. Looks way better on your vette. Where did you get those ramps and how much do they cost?
The more I look at the C5 Deep Dish wheels, the more I like them. I got these ramps from Reverse Logic. They are the Race Ramps RLL-72-2, they are a 2 piece - 2 step incline for low profile cars. They weigh almost nothing (I can hold both ramps with 1 finger lol) and they are very heavy duty. I've owned them for over a year and I'm very happy with the purchase. Here is a link to the ramps:

http://www.reverselogic.us/ReverseLo...ace_Ramps.html

lol, sorry but i never found out why those wheels were never a bigger hit, its a killer wheel,great price, and looks killer honest the other forgestar rims dont look as good as the f05s,
Wow - those Forgestar are very nice and they are priced in what I think is definitely reasonable. I'll have to take a look. It's too bad that they only come in 19's+ though. They are a beautiful wheel.

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
I voted Chrome c6z from the choices you had in the poll.

The black CCWs on the black c5z look great, honestly those CCW wheels are very similar to deep dish c5z oewheels sells.

Unless you are a wheels expert or know the difference. They will look great on a budget.
This is what I was thinking. I'm going to have to put some serious thought into this. So far it seems that there are quite a few options and theoretically they should all look good lol.

Last edited by MT0911; 02-07-2012 at 06:15 PM.

Quick Reply: It's Tough Deciding Which Wheels To Buy!