Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Bogart Bolted R/T wheels... on the car

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bogart Bolted R/T wheels... on the car

My car is sunset orange and the bolted R/T's gleam like diamonds. It is by far one of the best mods I've done to the car yet. These wheels are clean cut and finely polished to a mirror finish. They do not rub the calipers, I just bolted them on. The car looks great with the skinny tires in the front and fat tires in the rear. Steve @ SJMManufacturing is the guy to talk to if your looking to buy some bogarts. He is definitely a team player. I had a hundred questions, and changed my mind several times and he helped each time. I would like to put pics for all to see, but I'm not familiar on how to do it. Ron
Old 03-19-2004, 08:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to host them some where and then once you have the link you type
[img] then the link [/img] and thats it. I want to see pics...... I want a a set of D-10's
Kyle
Old 03-19-2004, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
You have to host them some where and then once you have the link you type
[img] then the link [/img] and thats it. I want to see pics...... I want a a set of D-10's
Kyle
what is your e-mail? I'll send you pics
Old 03-19-2004, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

jay.mik@***.net if he doesn't get back to you. I have alot of storage space on my account.
Once I recieve them, I will load them onto my domain space, then post them here. All you have to do is copy the properties code, and you can post them wherever you want.

Side note. Tomarrow is picture day for my car too. My new Bogarts are kick ***!!
Old 03-20-2004, 01:05 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pictures pictures, pictures...we need pictures Take a pic, and I will put it on the site for all to see.

Ron, I received the pictures that you sent, they are on in our bogart gallery.

www.sjmmanufacturing.homestead.com

Steve
Old 03-20-2004, 06:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you want to post these anywhere, go ahead and click the right button on your mouse. Copy the properties code, then use the [img] your picture code [/img] Any now you have your pic on that website. You can also build your own homepage for free on Cardomain. Pretty cool website for free. I have a webpage there, JuicedSS listed on the 1998 Camaro list.
Old 03-20-2004, 06:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

I almost forgot, STEVE IS DA MAN!!! I changed my mind back and forth between the D-10's and the bolted RT's. RT's look killer on a Trans Am, but I opted for the D-10's for my SS. I wanted something that was a little more plain, as my SS does not have all the extra body lines that a Trans Am does.
You cannot go wrong spending the cash on these wheels!! With the extended 1/2" Moroso studs I have on the back, I'm actually LEGAL for NHRA tracks!! My pics should be up by the end of the day. Prepare to drool!
Old 03-20-2004, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fast SS on TNT
I almost forgot, STEVE IS DA MAN!!! I changed my mind back and forth between the D-10's and the bolted RT's. RT's look killer on a Trans Am, but I opted for the D-10's for my SS. I wanted something that was a little more plain, as my SS does not have all the extra body lines that a Trans Am does.
You cannot go wrong spending the cash on these wheels!! With the extended 1/2" Moroso studs I have on the back, I'm actually LEGAL for NHRA tracks!! My pics should be up by the end of the day. Prepare to drool!

Thanks a Bunch,Fast SS on TNT... much appreciated... Ron
Old 03-20-2004, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looking Good! I love the fit and finish of my D10's.
Old 03-20-2004, 03:35 PM
FormerVendor

Regarding the studs, your correct. Since the center sections for LS1's are thinner then welds for example, you don't need super long studs to pass tech. It is very close to passing with the stockers (LT1 setups should pass fine with stockers as they are alittle thinner).

A benifit for not using super long studs is that when you put your stock wheels back on..you don't have these SUPER long studs sticking out which make them impossible to hide...not to mention, closed lugs fitting is near impossible.

Thanks for your kind comments guys...I try my best to satisfy everyone

I've attached a picture that shows how long studs needed for welds looks like when you try to use your stock wheels...this stud is the MIN that can be used to pass tech...it's close to a 3 inch stud.
Old 03-20-2004, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I will have some pics up soon. They won't be very fancy. More likely the car just pushed out of the garage. I just blew my motor a half hour ago. No nitrous, no burnout. Just testing it's 60ft time with a Gtech Pro. I decided to run out the whole quartermile, and had a huge smile on my face when I had seen what it ran.....til the oil pressure dropped to zero and it got a death rattle from hell and died. The motor sounds like a coffee can full of rocks now.
Old 03-20-2004, 07:43 PM
FormerVendor

Fast,

O wow, that is about the most worst thing to hear. I am so sorry to hear about the engine. Hopefully, you'll be up and running again shortly. Time for a new bottom end build-up
Old 03-20-2004, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yep, but I will still get those pics for ya Steve. Before the motor blew, I drove it to the local parts store, and had alot of oh's and ah's over my wheels.

Gonna build a forged internals, 300hp direct port nitrous monster from hell!!! I'll be back.
Old 03-21-2004, 07:47 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Those wheels look really good on your car. I love the SOM color!
Old 03-21-2004, 08:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
Those wheels look really good on your car. I love the SOM color!
Thanks
Old 03-21-2004, 11:50 AM
TECH Resident

Those are SAAWEEET! I didn't like the pic of the long studs on the stock rim though...that looked like ****! Is there any way to be able to use the Bogarts with legal studs and be able to ruse the stock rims on the street? What ET are the longer studs required? Luckily my local track is barely IHRA legal.
Old 03-21-2004, 04:23 PM
FormerVendor

those long studs are needed for welds, not Bogart's. If you like, you can use the stock studs...the LS1's will just barely fail...some tracks may even pass them depending on how strict they are or how close the look...

Just as Jason has done, 1/2 inch longer studs should be fine...that would be completely acceptable with a stock wheel. Not looking anything like those longer studs I posted on the car...those were almost 3 inch long studs.

If you dont want to change out your stockers, you can do that also...it's up to you...your track may or may not give you any problems. Heck, I see guys using welds with their stock studs...(I have no idea how they feel safe with i though as there are barely any threads used with the lugs holding on the rim). If you like, you can used closed ended lugs that will finish off the rim and look just like your stock rims look with closed lugs.

Steve
Old 03-22-2004, 09:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

I've ran the stock studs without issue (even with Welds). Bogarts are certainly 100% better. But, I've never had or seen a track tech the car that deep...
Old 03-22-2004, 10:28 AM
12 Second Club

awesome car.
Old 03-22-2004, 10:48 AM
10 Second Club

those look GREAT!!! Damn now I want some racing bling