Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Nitto Motivo ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitto Motivo ??

Hey, I just came from my local tire shop and the guy there pretty much sold me on Nitto Motivo tires for my G8 with 20" Camaro rims.

Anyone using these, or know of anyone who has them??
Old 03-20-2012, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never heard of them but interested...
Old 03-20-2012, 10:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got an e-mail from nitto about them but deleted it since I didnt feel like reading what it does.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:16 PM
FormerVendor

I had the opportunity to test the Motivo in dry and wet conditions. This model really shines in these conditions and doesn't handle like an all-season but more like a dedicated summer performance tire. I can't comment on winter/snow conditions (sunny and warm here in Phoenix, AZ) but was very impressed with the wet and dry capabilities.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Discount Tire Direct
I had the opportunity to test the Motivo in dry and wet conditions. This model really shines in these conditions and doesn't handle like an all-season but more like a dedicated summer performance tire. I can't comment on winter/snow conditions (sunny and warm here in Phoenix, AZ) but was very impressed with the wet and dry capabilities.
Ya, I read a couple reviews online from that test session in Phoenix. They sound promising. You must have been there driving those Jags, right? I looked at your website and they arent listed yet, is that coming soon??

Im not after max straight line performance, and super cornering is not super important either. I want a grippy tire thats good enough in the corners, but is quiet and handles the rain because I drive this car all summer and it rains during the summer. And the 100,000km warranty is great too.

I was hoping to get some feedback from the streets from real customers.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:31 AM
TECH Addict

They look really nice on Nitto's site. But they dont have that many sizes..
Old 03-21-2012, 10:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd like to hear some more about them as well. I also can't seem to find them in many sizes. Are they working on more? I'd like to see them in a 315/17
Old 03-21-2012, 04:26 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by cutlass_455
Ya, I read a couple reviews online from that test session in Phoenix. They sound promising. You must have been there driving those Jags, right? I looked at your website and they arent listed yet, is that coming soon??

Im not after max straight line performance, and super cornering is not super important either. I want a grippy tire thats good enough in the corners, but is quiet and handles the rain because I drive this car all summer and it rains during the summer. And the 100,000km warranty is great too.

I was hoping to get some feedback from the streets from real customers.
Yeah that's the session. The Jag's were a lot of fun to drive. Big and heavy but still a lot of fun.

Nitto won't allow us to sell their product into Canada but here's a link to the sizes and prices on our mail order site just to give you an idea of what market value is here in the lower 48 states. http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...%2FPerformance

As with any high mileage tire, you'll give up some grip in wet and dry. A tire that is great for grip won't last forever so a tire that has a high mileage warranty also won't have amazing grip.

I'd recommend giving our sales department a call. Anyone here would be happy to help you. When making a recommendation your salesman may ask you what tire you have now and what you like and dislike about it. He'll also ask you how you use your vehicles and what you are looking for in a new tire.

Anyone here would be happy to help you.

Last edited by Discount Tire; 03-22-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Like I said before, Im not after the most grippy tire in a straight line. Im not going to drag this car (thats what my other cars are for). I want something that will meet 'everyday' driving for where I live, and a tire that offers REALLY GOOD dry traction and GOOD wet traction and is QUIET and NOT TOO ROUGH, then thats the tire for me. Knowing all of this and the fact that the warranty is there (and the fact that the mileage rating sacrifices some traction), this seems like a good tire for me.

Thats really weird about Nitto not allowing selling to Canada. Maybe its because they know what a rip off tires are up here.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:03 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by cutlass_455
Like I said before, Im not after the most grippy tire in a straight line. Im not going to drag this car (thats what my other cars are for). I want something that will meet 'everyday' driving for where I live, and a tire that offers REALLY GOOD dry traction and GOOD wet traction and is QUIET and NOT TOO ROUGH, then thats the tire for me. Knowing all of this and the fact that the warranty is there (and the fact that the mileage rating sacrifices some traction), this seems like a good tire for me.

Thats really weird about Nitto not allowing selling to Canada. Maybe its because they know what a rip off tires are up here.
If you end up with a set let us know what you think of them after you rack up some miles.

Quick Reply: Nitto Motivo ??