Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Whats track rims to get for SOM

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 10:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Whats track rims to get for SOM

My prostar/greg welds, turned into everyday street driving with 275 DR and skinny radials on the front. There polished and look good on SOM, not the lightest but will hold up for street driving. I need something lighter then better for 28x10.5 ETdrags and DS2's to go fast on.

street radials

I dont think all black looks good on SOM, and don't want another set of polished rims, unless I find something I really like? Like D10s or some boragts but haven't really looked into them. SO thinking a black rim with some machining done after? loook evil, but still have some flash to keep up with SOM. I've seen the champion (5?) or whater black/ machined looking 5 spokes, on stangkilers car, and a local has them on there XS black firebird and then look good. Not sure the price and weight on them.

Doesn't look like them make rear magnums or alumstars with 7.5 BS for 15x10s? I dont think I want the RTS 71s. everyone has them now black alum stars on the front look great with them on the rear. I have stange brakes so dont need the super curved spokes like the RTS have. I dont like the way the look form the side too, the high pad style. Looks like some cheap tire rack rim but black.

checking out the other newer welds right now (RT) black and machined. Not sure the weight on them?

weldstr RT (RTS with bolts?)

I think these2 look really good
Vektor RT.
http://www.summitracing.com/search/B.../?autoview=SKU

and the Vitesse RT, but dont see anyone running them.
http://www.summitracing.com/search/B.../?autoview=SKU

found some pics of the Vektor, I like the way the look, and han't seen them alot. I think the Vitesse would look a little better on my car. But think the RT wheels would not be that light. looks like there street/strip and clear bigger brakes from some of the specs

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...l-setup-2.html

I think I found them. them make them 1 piece front wheels, I think that looks killer with the bolted style rear

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WLD-784B-15272/

Old 09-29-2012, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like the Bogart Eliminators:

http://www.bogartracingwheels.net/im...ator-1-lrg.jpg

Those are their street/strip wheels so they likely aren't as light as the others you have listed.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

know the price or weight?

I'm gona be running DS2 on them so not going to see much street miles, and if so will be taking it easy. So lighter the better
Old 09-29-2012, 03:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those v series wheels look real good up front I think.I was looking at several cars with them on at the Yellow Bullet Nats few weeks back.A couple cars had them up front with the vektor wheels at the rear and I thought that looks great.

Those v series wheels look great up front I think.I was looking at several cars that had them on at the Yellow Bullet Nats few weeks back.A couple of the cars had them up front with that vektor wheel on the rear and I think it looks real good.I also like that Camaro with the vektor rt's that you posted.

i
Old 09-29-2012, 03:52 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would stick with polished, imo polished aluminum looks great,i plast dipped my prostars and when i took it off i just said wow that looks better,black gets old fast, if there for the track bogart is the way to go,i really like the alumstars,with bolted weld rts,i wanna get some 17 rts for the street, and for under 2gs for wheels thats a killer deal,
Old 09-29-2012, 04:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those Weld v series 15x3.5" wheels are susposed to weight 8 lbs-don't know if Bogarts can be any less?
Old 09-29-2012, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by studderin
know the price or weight?

I'm gona be running DS2 on them so not going to see much street miles, and if so will be taking it easy. So lighter the better
I can't find anything man, try e-mailing them or SJM I'm sure they can tell you.

Here is a pic of the same wheel in its drag style:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/14485273-post1.html
Old 09-30-2012, 04:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ill post pics of mine with Weld rt-s later today when I get home.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

I have some pics of a SOM camaro somone was selling with black rts, it was LOW. I havn't see them alot on SOM. The look good from the side of the car, but at a angle I really don't like the spokes.
There not that light too. a 15x10.25 RTS is 15.9 pounds
Old 10-04-2012, 05:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

anyone running cahmpions, or holeshits

Quick Reply: Whats track rims to get for SOM