Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

got my Bogart D10's and 325 DR's on the car

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007 | 05:18 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got my Bogart D10's and 325 DR's on the car

Got my D10's in and on the car for now with the 325/DR's. The drivers side took some "convincing" and the passengers side is gonna be worse. Steve at SJM made me spacers for use with stock rear brakes as I haven't yet stepped up to aerospace rear brakes and even with the spacers the inside front of the tire rubs up against the bottom part of the inside fenderwell. I had to remove an entire section with a cutoff wheel and a hammer and got them to clear.... On teh inside the bump stops don't seem to be any problem surprisingly.... i will get some pics of what i did to the inside of the wheel well if anyone wants them or expects to run a 15x10 Bogart with a 325/50 MT Drag Radial like these.... fronts were a non issue....

Either way I want to give BIG thanks to Steve at SJM. For anybody looking for customer service that goes above and beyond look to him for your Bogart needs. He answered all my questions, custom spec'd these rims, called back several times with ideas and questions that he had prior to building the wheels/spacers, and the SJM team was on top of everything from price quotes to shipping info, etc.... You WILL NOT GET this type of service from Weld or anyone else. I'm 120% satisfied with these wheels. They are ultra lightweight, rare enough that your car WILL stand out at the track, machined and polished beautifully. And best of all they're bogarts.... enjoy! And for anyone with a keen eye look at the clearance between the front caliper and the inside spoke on the rim.... that's top notch machining....

Last edited by OutlawZ; 10-12-2007 at 05:29 PM.
Old 10-12-2007 | 05:24 PM
TECH Regular

wow those look great
Old 10-12-2007 | 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow.. that car seems to be an.. evil ****
Old 10-12-2007 | 07:59 PM
11 Second Club

more pics out of the garage looks badazz
Old 10-12-2007 | 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

That looks sweet as hell.
Old 10-12-2007 | 09:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks nice...

You mentioned a spacer to clear stock brakes? I thought all 10" Bogarts would not have any issue? and I take it your rear is stock size?

Take some pics of what you did to the inner fender, I have the RT skinny's all ready and will get the rears over the winter, so let me know what you did, thanks.
Old 10-12-2007 | 10:36 PM
9 Second Club

I'll tell you the deal with the spacers.... Steve at SJM machined me a spacer that is removable. This is the spacer that normally comes attached to the inside of the bogart rim so it will clear stock brakes. My spacers were seperate because steve wanted to accomodate me and knew that in a few months I was going to switch to Aerospace rear brakes. Wheels setup for stock brakes and aerospace brakes are setup differently. one with the attached spacer in the wheel and one without. So now I can upgrade to Aerospace rear brakes, remove the spacer and i've got the best of both worlds.... Like I said, great customer service...

thanks again guys. I finished the grinding to clearance for the tires (of which i'll try and get some pics) and brought the car outside for some more pics. I do apologize about the state of my garage. Having a car up on jackstands for awhile tends to get me cramped in there.... another reason i just bought a house with a two car garage!!! Also keep in mind that the front end is so high cause the motor and tranny are out. Motor gets installed in a few days followed by the TH400.....

Old 10-12-2007 | 10:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks sharp!!
Old 10-13-2007 | 08:51 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by waterbug1999
Looks nice...

You mentioned a spacer to clear stock brakes? I thought all 10" Bogarts would not have any issue? and I take it your rear is stock size?
The car looks great.

...Many people that call us to order wheels don't realize that we truly customize each setup to the car. We try to match each customers goals to the best we can.

This setup was a bit different then the norm, the billet spacer is a key-way design of which it locks into the wheel's mating surface area. The spacer is nothing like what a typical spacer you'd purchase over the counter.

I'm happy to hear we have another satisfied customer.

Quick Reply: got my Bogart D10's and 325 DR's on the car