Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Who has the best prices on Bogarts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 10:47 AM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Who has the best prices on Bogarts?

Looking to get a set for when I take her out to the track! I dont know of all the styles, so I want to get familiar with them before I decide. I know that these wheels are pretty pricey as it is, but are they really worth it? Are these the lightest and strongest wheel out there? If not, close or just under the best? Are there any alternatives to these wheels? Thanks
Old 07-30-2003, 07:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Who has the best prices on Bogarts?

Take a look at our site www.sjmmanufacturing.homestead.com to see different style rims on our cars. There are many additional styles to choose from at our other page www.mycamaroz28.homestead.com

There are alternatives for rims to choose. While there really isn't a "best" for all applications, I feel Bogarts are the best for what they are intended for. They should NOT be compared to a weld prostar or dragstar or centerlines...these are in a different class construction wise and performance wise.

We designed the rims in conjuction with Bogart directly in mind for F-bodies. This makes them the best fitting rim out there while setup correctly for our cars. Not only do they have performance benifits over the competitors they look like show quality rims!

If you are looking for an economical rim that works, I would personally suggest the weld pro-star rim over any centerlines as they are second lightest to the bogarts. I would also only consider 10's in the rear (other manufactures) as in my opinion, the 8's really aren't positioned very well for our cars. We setup the 8's(actually approx 8.25) at around 6.25 B/S which tuck the rims in better vs 5.5 inches for other competitors.

Regarding pricing, we will never be undersold.

Hope this helps,

Steve
Bogart Distributorship
Old 07-31-2003, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up a set of Bogarts from Steve, and everything went very smoothly. Communication was outstanding, and his price was also pretty hard to beat.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:10 PM
9 Second Club NA

Are the Bogarts lighter and stronger than the Welds and Centerlines? Do 15" Bogarts fit on an f-body with stock brake ware? What kind of off-set do I need for a set of 15s? What width on the back and in the front? The wheels will only be used on the track and maybe every once in a while on the street. Let me know, thanks.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

I got a set of the rt-10 bogarts and sold my centerline warriors.
The bogarts weigh less.
They are a direct bolt up too.
Old 08-01-2003, 08:53 PM
TECH Junkie

although i havent bought wheels yet (broke as hell)

i have been in contact with steve and i was VERY impressed with how fast he returned my emails and answered my questions

should i get money, i will definately be doing business with him
Old 08-02-2003, 03:10 PM
9 Second Club NA

Im a bit confused...Steve...is a distributor of Bogarts, correct? That means that he sells Bogarts? He has them cheaper than what Bogart themselves would sell you them? If so, how does that work? According to the site provided, it says that they will beat any price. Does Steve have the best prices already or do I have to go searching for them and then he beats them? I really like the welded and bolted RT, whats the difference besides one being welded and one being bolted? From the looks of it, there are the 3 different series of wheels. (fly series, P1 billet series, and P2 billet) Whats the difference between them? Which series would be best for me? Thanks
Old 08-02-2003, 10:14 PM
FormerVendor

NVMySS,

Actually, I'm more then a distributor. I aided in the design for the F-body rims...I work very closely with the Bogart family and provide constant feedback of the products. I initiated the entire F-body/Bogart program. If a customer calls Bogart for F-body related questions, usually they are referred to me personally. Not that Bogart doesn't know their lines as they are VERY informative obviously with what is going into the rims...sometimes though, they do not know specific answers that apply to our cars.

Manufactures usually sell at retail pricing unless they are running a special. I don't feel you will find better pricing anywhere...as with any product, prices vary. By chance, if you should find one that is overall lower SHIPPED(verified and not closeout items) we will beat it. Due to our buying power, we have the ability to do this. One additional consideration is product knowledge. I personally am very familiar with the product line. We are not a dealer or company whom sells many items. We are very specific to what we do...so when it comes to customer service, I personally feel we can help one most as we don't just "sell" the parts. Customer service is VERY important. Since I work with product development, occasionally I call clients and have them give an update of their satisfaction level and listen to any comments or suggestions that they may have.

Regarding fitment issues, P1 rims work best for stock setup cars. P2 and the fly series require modifications to work. Essentially, with LS1's stay away from them unless you have a drag brake setup.

Hope this clears up a few concerns.

Steve
Old 08-04-2003, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm kind of disappointed with the Bogarts.. The price that is.

I bought a set of 15x10 Bogart D-10's about 1 year ago, direct from Bogart for $220 a wheel. Now I see them selling for $400 a wheel, fronts or rears.

I need a set of skinnies now and would like to get the matching Bogart D-10 fronts but $800 for front skinny wheels only is no fun!

I really like the Bogart D-10's but I think am going to ditch them and buy a complete set of Weld or Centerline.

Steve10: If you are running any specials on a set of D-10 front please email me.

Thanks,
Lee
Old 08-04-2003, 06:31 PM
FormerVendor

Lee, I'm sorry you feel this way as in my opinion you purchased the nicest rims on the market. The rims are no comparison to draglites, prostars or convo's.

Corporate pricing has gone up as of May of this year. If you purchased them for 220.00 a wheel your pricing was incorrectly quoted in your favor. I can assure you that they were not sold anywhere near that price to anyone else at that time. On a positive note, Bogarts hold there value. I'm sure you will could sell them in a heartbeat at 220.00 each right now.

Our pricing is always at a special rate...no where near 800.00. Send us your shipping information and we can help you out if you change your mind.

Steve
Old 08-05-2003, 05:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I didnt think I could afford them either. I checked this boards for sale section regularly and got my set from T/A Medic with MT ET Fronts, NEW ET Drags with tubes, caps and lugs for $1,200 shipped to my door.

I couldn't resist.
Old 08-05-2003, 06:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Will the P1 series fit without the f-body specific wheel? I mean can i buy just the regular P1 wheel and grind the calipers and put a spacer if needed? Just wondering what my options are.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:51 PM
FormerVendor

Phil, if you want to save $50 you can do that. Overall, I'm not sure you really will be saving much the long run.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:52 PM
10 Second Club

If you are looking for an economical rim that works, I would personally suggest the weld pro-star rim over any centerlines
Yes, while they may be slightly lighter than the Centerlines (whose skinnies are 15x4s usually to the Weld's 15x3.5) you must also consider the need for spacers (two of them, which aren't needed for the Centerlines (or for the Bogarts either of course)) and the longer lugs needed to use the Welds on a stock front F-body hub will add some weight as well. Of course we're splitting hairs at this point.
I've also heard that the Drag Lites are about a pound lighter than the Pro Stars even.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

you all are going to hate me.....i bought off of ebay:

2 P1 Drag-on Star III 15 x 10 WITH 29.5 x 10.5Ws
2 P1 Drag-on Star III 15 x 4 WITH 27.5 ET Fronts

for $550 SHIPPED :-D

They both had the right backspacing for my thirdgen too (6.5 for the rear and 1.75 for the front). Just have to get lucky i guess
Old 08-06-2003, 10:43 PM
9 Second Club NA

I like the welded and bolted RTs. I like the welded better because they look cleaner and not so race oriented. I like the bolted, but on that particular wheel and style, it looks too much. Are the bolted lighter? Theyre stronger right? But are they going to make that big of a difference? If so, does it need to be a concern if my car is only going to be running low 11s high 10s when Im done with it? Does anyone know how much each welded RT weighs? I love the design and its the best in my opinion out of all of them, but you know how it goes most of the time, thers alway a trade off, the better one might be the weakest or heaviest. What series if the welded RT and can you get them in other series? I dont have any clue is to what back spacing, width or size (diameter) I need for my car. I wanna run a 15 because its lighter and I will have more rubber to flex? Is that true? Will the welded RTs in a 15" fit? I dont want to do any modifications and I heard that with Bogarts you dont. This is one of the reasons why Im going with Bogarts, not to mention theyre light and strong. Thanks
Old 08-07-2003, 08:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

God bless you NVMySS, four posts and 25 Questions!

Have any questions? :p
Old 08-07-2003, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just to keep the thread rolling..

I'd asked Steve about the bolted RT's when I was buying, and he mentioned they are the heaviest of the F-body specific rims. This was mainly from the bolts, of course. But he also mentioned that beyond that, the entire line is VERY similar in weight.

If you order from Steve, he'll set you up with the right bolt pattern and backspacing for your car. It's a pretty worry free process.

Oh yeah... Jimmy Kash sucks! :p
Old 08-07-2003, 03:01 PM
FormerVendor

Questions are good, I like them. An educated buyer, I feel is always better off. In addition, I like to be certain, the expectations of the potential buyer is met.

The bolted RT weights are as follows; the fronts are almost exactly 9 lbs. the rears are almost exactly 11 lbs. keep in mind. Due to the added bolts around the perimeter of the rim this will increases the weight slightly.

The bolted RT rim is one of the newest rim designs. we set up for F-Bodies. It is becoming one of the newest hottest sellers out of any Bogart rim. For example, this month in GM high-tech performance magazine http://www.gmhightechperformance.com.../htp_0311_asp/
listed are the road race 10 series rim on f-body. These have very similar characteristics of our drag race series. All of our rims are highly polished as depicted in the picture. They look that good! They are a bit heavier, and come in larger diameter's which is typically used in road race applications.

Any of the P1 series rims retain similar strength characteristics. I work with Bogart to design the rims to be a direct fit for cars using stock calipers and brakes. Due to GM's tolerance differences between our cars a few people have had slight interference issues, which were resolved quickly and painlessly. Keep in mind, the people who have had interference issues it most likely would have been worse with other manufacturers drag rims as ours have the largest clearance. Some of these issues were due to aftermarket brake pads and or rotors.

The welded RT front rim is a bit different from the rest of the P1 series rims. Due to the complexity of explanation which may make for boring reading material, I would be more than happy to explain the differences via phone conversation.

The P1 series are the only rims that were designed to be a direct fitment for our cars. The P2 series can be used, which are the lightest drag rims on the market. Aftermarket drag brakes must be utilized.

Will there be massive gains seen from using Bogart rim's over other manufacturers rims? The answer to that would be no. There are benefits that Bogart users will see over other manufacturers. First off our rims are made to be a direct fit. They tuck nicely in the fender well area. They are the lightest on the market compared to other similar series rims. In addition, the benefit of choosing many different styles can be appealing. The rims are also show quality. There are no shortcuts utilized with these rims, they are premium quality.

Regarding backspace, I have made it simple all that is needed from each customer is what year f-body they have and what type of brake system they are using. We will set up what you need. If it is anything other than stock I can make suggestions but is up to the customer to make a final decision on what he or she would like.

At this point, each customer has to decide what they feel best meets their needs and their financial budget. I cannot, and do not want to make up anyone's mind, for which rim choice is best for them.

Steve
Old 09-08-2005, 09:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default rims

steve10 i am interested in purchasing a set of bogarts for my 2002 ss camaro skinnies up front and 15-10 or 15-8 out back if u can shoot me a pm and let me no my options and price that will be great thanks..Dan

Quick Reply: Who has the best prices on Bogarts?