Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Billet Specialties Street Lite Direct Fit 15x10 rear Is avail for Shipping in 2 weeks

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 06:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the first 3 pics were from a cell phone cam on the car, you can see the clearence at the caliper.

With this being the weekend, and being busy i was not able to get them on a car, i will have pics and vids loaded up in the next few days of the wheel mounted up on the car.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool thanks
Old 07-13-2008, 08:52 PM
Banned

They looks good and I seen these first hand since we did the final test fit.

We will have a set on a killer 427/N20 NBM SS as soon as the fronts become available.

talk to you soon J

BTW:98catfish...you having a bad day? if you don't care so much for the wheel or price that's fine, but why garbage up the thread? leave it alone man

Last edited by LS1 SPEED; 07-14-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
BTW:98catfish...you having a bad day? if you don't care so much for the wheel or price that's fine, but why garbage up the thread? leave it alone man

What are you his girlfriend? I never said I didnt like the wheel, I just dont like getting screwed Just because they can. And the same goes for you.. your the one that pulled me back into this thread. I already spoke my peace and was through with my rant untill you started your ****...... So you leave it the hell alone...Man

BTW What makes you think your opinion is any more important than mine?

Last edited by 98catfish; 07-13-2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:52 PM
Launching!

WTF!!!! I just talked to BS a month ago and they said they DID NOT and WILL NOT have a street lite wheel that would fit the fbody for quite some time. Explain to me how you have them and how they are almost double what they should cost?!
Old 07-13-2008, 11:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by THROTTLEJUNKIES
WTF!!!! I just talked to BS a month ago and they said they DID NOT and WILL NOT have a street lite wheel that would fit the fbody for quite some time. Explain to me how you have them and how they are almost double what they should cost?!
Look out guy, they are going to start slamming you next..

Welcome to the club!
Old 07-13-2008, 11:14 PM
Banned

I am not sure who you spoke to at billet Specialties, But if you have there name if you could possible pass that along it would be greatly appreciated so i can follow through with what you were told.

And the Pricing has been explained a few times already, even the regular 15x10 without any Markup was more then half of this wheel.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 98catfish
Look out guy, they are going to start slamming you next..

Welcome to the club!

no one is slamming Anyone here. if he was given some Misinformation, i would like to know about that so i can get to the bottom of that. i have this wheel as i was working with BS on the development of this wheel for the ls1.

here this was posted in may. The time frame was off a little on weeks. as was the price by 20.00

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/900827-billet-specialties-wheels-fit-stock-ls1-brakes.html
Old 07-13-2008, 11:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
They looks good and I seen these first hand since we did the final test fit for Jay.

We will have a set on a killer 427/N20 NBM SS as soon as the fronts become available.

talk to you soon J

Is this guy not working w/ you?
Old 07-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 98catfish
Is this guy not working w/ you?
I was not slamming you, so take it easy buddy. I see no reason to act all harsh when I was actually just trying to give you a little hard time...no real harm intended.

it's a new week , so lets all move on and be happy
Old 07-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Launching!

No unfortunately I dont remember his name.....but from the sounds of it he probably doesnt work there anymore. Hes obviously a complete asshat, and generally people like that dont stay employed very long....or they have already put him incharge of something. Well its their loss in the end, everything that he told me when I spoke to him made me go spend my money somewhere else.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It appears to me they had to have a custom made hoop for the centers to be put in. I am not in the wheel manufacturing business so I have no clue. But I would imagine the hoops in general are pretty generic item that can be mass produced. Do all manufacturers make their own hoops? Or is that something that is usually just bought from a hoop manufacturer?

If that is the case, they had to have this specific hoop made to fit one and only one make and model of car. So I am sure they have time and money invested in R&D as well.

That would be like expecting to get a tailored suit for the same price as getting on at a department store.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:38 PM
TECH Regular

I'd be interested in the rears if they could make a 17" front runner since I have big brakes up front and the 15s won't clear. I see they make a 17x7 and that might work, but Greg Weld makes a 17x4.5
Old 07-14-2008, 04:41 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,207 Likes on 773 Posts

Everyone please keep the thread constructive.

Looking forward to pics!
Old 07-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Banned

Pics of rear posted on car here.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-tires/954169-car-pics-15x10-streetlite.html#post9737791
Old 07-14-2008, 11:12 PM
Banned

So for the poor suckers that Jegs told the wheels would fit LS1s and did not, like myself, and would not refund my money because I slightly scratched the inside of the wheel trying to put them on, then who had to purchase $1300.00 worth of Aerospace brakes to get the wheels to fit. Is someone going to refund my $1300.00 now? You know like Billet Specialties? I called them and they said "well those are all we sell, I suppose they did not know they were comming out with this LS1 wheel a month and a half ago HUH!!! when I bought mine, I even had Jegs tell me they were the only wheel they offer. F@#$'n crooks. I have done my best to drag there name through the mud every chance I get. Are you also selling the cobbeled up Lugs and washers they claim they recomend for those wheels, what a JOKE! And the front 15x3.5 fit like a glove also...NOT!

Last edited by OldskoolRcr; 07-14-2008 at 11:19 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by THROTTLEJUNKIES
I would like a answer to this also!!! Funny I heard the same thing. HUM!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 06:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by OldskoolRcr
So for the poor suckers that Jegs told the wheels would fit LS1s and did not, like myself, and would not refund my money because I slightly scratched the inside of the wheel trying to put them on, then who had to purchase $1300.00 worth of Aerospace brakes to get the wheels to fit. Is someone going to refund my $1300.00 now? You know like Billet Specialties? I called them and they said "well those are all we sell, I suppose they did not know they were comming out with this LS1 wheel a month and a half ago HUH!!! when I bought mine, I even had Jegs tell me they were the only wheel they offer. F@#$'n crooks. I have done my best to drag there name through the mud every chance I get. Are you also selling the cobbeled up Lugs and washers they claim they recomend for those wheels, what a JOKE! And the front 15x3.5 fit like a glove also...NOT!
Can i ask if you Contacted Billet Specialties Tech and asked questions or just Jegs?? If at Billet do you have the person's name you spoke to?????

It seems from what you posted you only Contacted Jegs and They are the ones that gave you the run around,the issues and not return your wheels, Not Billet Specialties. Months ago it was Known at Billet Specialties that the wheels Would not fit in the rear, and the fronts would need to be ground down.

It was posted Here on Ls1tech that the Rears would not Fit without Drag Brakes and the Fronts Needed To be ground down with a Stock Ls1 caliper.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:37 AM
Banned

I contacted Billet Specialties more then once during thsi whole ordeal, I do not remember the names of the clowns I spoke to, I was EXTREAMLY PISSED OFF,but always got the same BS stories. Was told oh I will have so and so call you back, NOBODY called, I called them back. Trust me if I tell you I got the run around I did, Jegs even contacted them and then called me, neither place would return those Junk wheels so I am stuck with them, and out the $1300.00 for the brakes, give me a day or so I will remember the names of whom I spoke with. Then Billet Specialties told me Oh we manufacture our own special lugs for those wheels I will send you out a set, Yea right they sent me some cobbeled up Mcguard lugs and washers that were 3 sizes to small for the wheel. NEVER,NEVER again. I am just pre Warning the LS1 guys to beware, and what they are in store for. And if your selling them as a dealer, Its your name thats going get drug through the mud with them, Its not worth it. Now whos refunding my money? And atleast saving whats left of there reputation? BILLET SPECIALTIES SUCKS!!!

Last edited by OldskoolRcr; 07-15-2008 at 06:43 AM.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by OldskoolRcr
I contacted Billet Specialties more then once during thsi whole ordeal, I do not remember the names of the clowns I spoke to, I was EXTREAMLY PISSED OFF,but always got the same BS stories. Was told oh I will have so and so call you back, NOBODY called, I called them back. Trust me if I tell you I got the run around I did, Jegs even contacted them and then called me, neither place would return those Junk wheels so I am stuck with them, and out the $1300.00 for the brakes, give me a day or so I will remember the names of whom I spoke with. Then Billet Specialties told me Oh we manufacture our own special lugs for those wheels I will send you out a set, Yea right they sent me some cobbeled up Mcguard lugs and washers that were 3 sizes to small for the wheel. NEVER,NEVER again. I am just pre Warning the LS1 guys to beware, and what they are in store for. And if your selling them as a dealer, Its your name thats going get drug through the mud with them, Its not worth it. Now whos refunding my money? And atleast saving whats left of there reputation? BILLET SPECIALTIES SUCKS!!!
Was Billet Specialties Contacted Before or after the Purchase????? It seems to me they were contacted AFTER the sale.

From what you have Posted, You contacted Jegs and asked some tech questions, Purchased the wheels From Jegs, Received them and they did not fit. So you contacted Jegs for a return which they denied, Then contacted Billet Specialties for them to make it right on your end since they produced the wheels, which you bought from jegs.

I am sure you will try and bash me for this, But you should be bashing Jegs as Billet Specialties makes a Quality Product. Many people have Purchased the wheels and Love them, Along with the Quality. And asking for a refund is Really Far fetched here, Since you should really be talking to Jegs. If there was a Quality Control issue with the wheels i can see the Manufacture getting involved if Jegs would not. If it is a Fittment Issue that Jegs told you would Fit, That is also on Jegs.

Please PM me your name so i can look into this further at Billet, As all Calls of this nature have a Paper trail.

And The lugs, I have used them, No issues with them. Larry from Speed inc has them, I dont think he has had an issue with them either.

Quick Reply: Billet Specialties Street Lite Direct Fit 15x10 rear Is avail for Shipping in 2 weeks