Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Billet Specialties Street Lite Direct Fit 15x10 rear Is avail for Shipping in 2 weeks

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 09:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ed..sucks to hear about your issues man. I know you are a straight up guy and hope maybe Jason can help you out in some way or another here.

I had no issue with my wheels or lugs, but a few washers did have issues. BS looked into the batch and since got me taken care of. I have the wheels on 2 other close friends 4 Gens with 0 issues.

1 LT1 stock brakes..slightly clearance rear and 3/8 front spacer

1 LS1 with Strange Brakes since the issue was know way ahead of time on the LS1 brake issue

get Jason your info and let him see what he can find out
Old 07-15-2008, 09:40 AM
TECH Regular

I'm not bashing Billet Specialties here, but it seems like nobody can make a 15" wheel that works perfect on an LS1 f body.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a PM i got back in 3-23-08 When i was wanting the wheels. When i was told that the were being made to fit over ls1 brakes and not to tell anyone.

Originally Posted by Most wanted
Originally Posted by DansRedz28
I got 2 buyers that are keeping their mouths shut. So how soo can they order them???
The Sooner they order the Quicker the Receive there wheels. Like i said I have 150 sets that will be coming to me. They will be a Direct Bolt on to the Ls1 cars, No Grinding required. I also have the 17" wheel which is for the Drag radials, or all around and is getting SFI approved as we speak.

In the meeting today were looking at 30-45 Days. There doing the forgings as we speak. I was looking at them today. My pricing on these wheels will be about $950 to your door with lugs. Some people will advertize them cheaper But i will have these first, and i am including all the Lugs, along with shiipping

Jason
Dragwheelz.com / The Billet Spot
773-759-3724

Well why did the price go up? Billet specialties new what they were going to have to do to make the wheels fit. I think they should just stick to the new design and not worry about make 2 different kinds. keep the old price. Hell my convo pros fit without grinding and only $735 new. but i got mine with about 500 miles on them with M/T tires for $800 so thats why i didnt wait for these an im glad i didnt wait with the new prices. The new BS $640 for just the rear wheels and you know the fronts are going to go up too I bet it will be a good $1,200-1,400 for a full set shipped for just the wheels. Front and rear

The way everything is going in the economy today this will just be another company people will quit buying from for raising price and go to a cheeper place like Greg weld, Weld, Centerline and more and cause company to go out of buisness. Yes you have to grind brakes on most but to save $400-$600 I will grind my brakes. LOL I would say 80% of lsx f-bodys yuo see with drag wheels have grinded brakes Hell i have done it to about 10 cars with not one problem.

Last edited by SIC LSX; 07-15-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:02 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,160 Likes on 754 Posts

Tangent, but Ed from IA, pm what wheels you bought, I might be interested as I have drag brakes front and back on my Formula. PSJ
Old 07-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Banned

Here is a PM i got back in 3-23-08 When i was wanting the wheels. When i was told that the were being made to fit over ls1 brakes and not to tell anyone.

Well why did the price go up? Billet specialties new what they were going to have to do to make the wheels fit. I think they should just stick to the new design and not worry about make 2 different kinds. keep the old price. Hell my convo pros fit without grinding and only $735 new. but i got mine with about 500 miles on them with M/T tires for $800 so thats why i didnt wait for these an im glad i didnt wait with the new prices. The new BS $640 for just the rear wheels and you know the fronts are going to go up too I bet it will be a good $1,200-1,400 for a full set shipped for just the wheels. Front and rear

The way everything is going in the economy today this will just be another company people will quit buying from for raising price and go to a cheeper place like Greg weld, Weld, Centerline and more and cause company to go out of buisness. Yes you have to grind brakes on most but to save $400-$600 I will grind my brakes. LOL I would say 80% of lsx f-bodys yuo see with drag wheels have grinded brakes Hell i have done it to about 10 cars with not one problem.

How can a Company Stick to a new design with a Vehicle Specific wheel????

Dan, You are Arguing a Point that is not Valid, Since you feel it should be This way and that is all. No Pricing can be Set until the product is Produced and you know Total Cost. With that being said, If you feel they are too expensive they are not for you. Many other people are interested in the wheels, Like the wheels, And like the fact you do not have to Grind your calipers to fit, Also that they are a Direct Bolt on replacement.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Dragwheelz.com
How can a Company Stick to a new design with a Vehicle Specific wheel????

Dan, You are Arguing a Point that is not Valid, Since you feel it should be This way and that is all. No Pricing can be Set until the product is Produced and you know Total Cost. With that being said, If you feel they are too expensive they are not for you. Many other people are interested in the wheels, Like the wheels, And like the fact you do not have to Grind your calipers to fit, Also that they are a Direct Bolt on replacement.
I think the point was to say if they will fit ls1 brakes they will most likely fit on any other car as well, So why have two designs?

Doug
Old 07-15-2008, 01:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah that's what im saying.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:54 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,160 Likes on 754 Posts

The ones that don't fit were designed first. You never know maybe they won't sell the first design going forward.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
The ones that don't fit were designed first. You never know maybe they won't sell the first design going forward.
Then they would be able to mass produce them hence the price should go down! So I'll wait.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Banned

Was Billet Specialties Contacted Before or after the Purchase????? It seems to me they were contacted AFTER the sale.

From what you have Posted, You contacted Jegs and asked some tech questions, Purchased the wheels From Jegs, Received them and they did not fit. So you contacted Jegs for a return which they denied, Then contacted Billet Specialties for them to make it right on your end since they produced the wheels, which you bought from jegs.

I am sure you will try and bash me for this, But you should be bashing Jegs as Billet Specialties makes a Quality Product. Many people have Purchased the wheels and Love them, Along with the Quality. And asking for a refund is Really Far fetched here, Since you should really be talking to Jegs. If there was a Quality Control issue with the wheels i can see the Manufacture getting involved if Jegs would not. If it is a Fittment Issue that Jegs told you would Fit, That is also on Jegs.

Please PM me your name so i can look into this further at Billet, As all Calls of this nature have a Paper trail.

And The lugs, I have used them, No issues with them. Larry from Speed inc has them, I dont think he has had an issue with them either.

First off I contacted Jegs to purchase the wheels, I was told they would fit fine, after recieving them and the did not fit I contacted Billet, to find out what the hell was going on and got know were, and then Jegs would not return them told me to contact Billet, they also contacted them to find out at that time they would not fit. So your telling me I should have contacted Billet before buying the wheels from Jegs? Dude they could not even give me a straight answer when I callled them, So I suppose next time I go to buy some Nike shoes, I should contact Corp. Nike first to make sure they will fit. It does not matter they are on the car now, I basicly spent $2400.00 for the wheels after all the BS I had to go through. I am just stating MY FACTS!!!! and experiances for the other members to beware!!!! Now I have spoke my opinions, for all of you who buy these and get screwed, well you were warned. Good Luck
Old 07-15-2008, 06:29 PM
Banned

OldSkool from what you have posted I think your gripe is still with Jegs. As you are wronging Billet Specialties saying there wheels are junk, when they are not, I can understand your Frustrations, as i have been on your side of the fence before.Sometimes the manufactures hands are tied due to Dealers telling customers somethings that arent true,I am Not sure why jegs would not return them, were the mounted? How bad were the Scratches??

As i asked before can you Pm me your name and the date of the wheel Purchase from jegs and when you contacted BS I would like to look into this further with how you are saying BS never called you back or anything.

I did a quick search and within 1 minute i came up with all this. A search on here says at the previous time the Street Lites Did not fit ls1 cars without Drag brakes.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....70&postcount=8

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...et+specialties

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ialties+billet

As i do understand your misfortunes, I am asking to try and get to the bottom of the situation on BS point as i am a dealer for them, I carry and Also stand behind there product 100% along with many other products.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:51 PM
Banned

PM sent
Old 07-15-2008, 07:05 PM
12 Second Club

just wanted to subscribe. waiting for the fronts too. i might have to sell my TTM's that are still in the box for a set of these.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:24 PM
Banned

As i do understand your misfortunes, I am asking to try and get to the bottom of the situation on BS point as i am a dealer for them, I carry and Also stand behind there product 100% along with many other products.

So you stand behind the BS wheels in general or just what you sell? If so compensate me for my $1300.00 loss, Or contact BS and have then compensate me for my loss...I bet thats the funniest thing you have read all year HUH! The wheels are comming off this winter, I am selling the Aerospace brakes to my brother and the wheels are honestly getting tossed in the trash, So if your in Iowa, you might just get a set of wheels for free! on trash day. I dont even drive this car anymore, every time I do I get pissed off about throwing my money away, actually only had it out 1 time this whole summer because of it. I dont know what I was thinking should have ought WELDS again for this car. But I thought the BS wheels were nice looking...STUPID ME!
Old 07-15-2008, 11:57 PM
Banned

Ed, As of this moment, I know 1 side of the story. I am going to dig into the other said to see what the issue at hand was. Like i stated earlier, I Honestly think your gripe is with Jegs. You have said you researched them, But when you put in any of those words in the ls1tech search fundtion in a matter of 10 secs 3 threads pop up with all the information about them not fitting at that time. I also asked you why Jegs would not return the wheels, For a little scratch.

And yes i do Stand behind my business, and i stand behind what products I sell. With only knowing 1 side of the story so far, ( also keep in mind, I wont be able to find out Jegs side im sure) I can not come to a conclusion till i know all the supposedly happeneds.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:39 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by OldskoolRcr
First off I contacted Jegs to purchase the wheels, I was told they would fit fine, after recieving them and the did not fit I contacted Billet, to find out what the hell was going on and got know were, and then Jegs would not return them told me to contact Billet, they also contacted them to find out at that time they would not fit. So your telling me I should have contacted Billet before buying the wheels from Jegs? Dude they could not even give me a straight answer when I callled them, So I suppose next time I go to buy some Nike shoes, I should contact Corp. Nike first to make sure they will fit. It does not matter they are on the car now, I basicly spent $2400.00 for the wheels after all the BS I had to go through. I am just stating MY FACTS!!!! and experiances for the other members to beware!!!! Now I have spoke my opinions, for all of you who buy these and get screwed, well you were warned. Good Luck
Jegs couldn't give you a straight answer?!?! Is that what your saying? Bucause if so, and you bought them anyway it is clearly not BS's fault. I'm not sure, I just wanted to ask.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:13 AM
Banned

I contacted Jegs and told them what wheels, what size and back spacing and exactly what car they were going on, I was told they would fit fine, It was not untill this whole orderal started that they (Jegs) found out from BS after calling them, when I told them they did not fit and they (jegs) said I was nutz, "yes they do fit" I dont giva a **** who I bought them from, jegs is a dealer and should know WTF is going on, Now the more I read into this **** the more PISSED off I get, Now I am not going to sit here and have people tell me OH JEGS is the problem not poor Billet Specialties, Maybee those morons should have better informed there dealers, because at the time I bought the they (BS) claimed they would fit. I am inthe trades bussines also, and when someone sells me a product that dont work out, I stand behind my customers and make DAM sure the Mfg. takes care of the situation. I think you would be pissed off to when you bought a set of wheels and were so happy to get them, and then it turned out you had to spend another $1300.00 to make them fit, and the people you contacted acted as if they fell down and hit there heads on a stone, and were clueless. Like I said a 100 times before Billet Specialties SUCKS hands down, And if your looking for a set of wheels come fall, they will be out front on TRASH DAY. And dragwheelz good luck your soon to find out who ignorent/clueless they are, trust me. Ed
Old 07-16-2008, 07:34 AM
TECH Regular

Send the brakes back if you want your $1300 back, you aren't just going to get a free set of brakes because your wheels didn't fit. That's called common sense.

It would be like me buying a set of 345s for the back after someone told me they'd fit, then spending $3000 to get my car mini tubbed because that's what it took so the tires wouldn't rub, then expecting to get my money back.

If your wheels didn't fit you should have sent them back, people make mistakes. I'd be willing to bet you've made a mistake or two in your life. You somehow came up with the $1300 to buy a set of drag brakes anyway so what are you whining about? Buyers remorse maybe? Did the wife get mad at you for spending too much money and now you're trying to get out of the dog house?

/rant
Old 07-16-2008, 04:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ZFSix
Send the brakes back if you want your $1300 back, you aren't just going to get a free set of brakes because your wheels didn't fit. That's called common sense.

It would be like me buying a set of 345s for the back after someone told me they'd fit, then spending $3000 to get my car mini tubbed because that's what it took so the tires wouldn't rub, then expecting to get my money back.

If your wheels didn't fit you should have sent them back, people make mistakes. I'd be willing to bet you've made a mistake or two in your life. You somehow came up with the $1300 to buy a set of drag brakes anyway so what are you whining about? Buyers remorse maybe? Did the wife get mad at you for spending too much money and now you're trying to get out of the dog house?

/rant
First off your a funny man!!! No not married I got a some sense, and yes I have plenty of money! I bought the brakes to make the wheels fit after I was stuck with them after JEGS told me they would fit fine, and when I tried to put them on, they got some light scratches on the inside ( from the stock calipers) and they would not return them, yes scratches after they told me YES THEY WILL FIT!!!!!!! what part of that statement confuses you. I am not whinning I am trying to save some of the other members who work hard for there money, some stress and Bull **** problems read the whole topic before you pipe up with your dum *** statement. And yes Billet Specialties also sounded so Dam dumb founded when I called them I thought I had the wrong Mfg. Long story short there wheels SUCK ****!!! and if you dont like it, dont read it.
Not only did I buy the wheels but I bought Hoosier quick times tires for the rear, and Mickey Thompson for the front and a complete set of LUGS which I was told worked fine for the wheels and did not even come close to fitting , now you go get a calculator and do the math on what I spent for a simple set of wheels. Tell ya what wanna buy them MONEY BAGS, send me money order for $2500.00 and I will send them out to you brakes and all, they have about 100 miles on them if that. Dam you must work for Billet huh
Old 07-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ZFSix
Send the brakes back if you want your $1300 back, you aren't just going to get a free set of brakes because your wheels didn't fit. That's called common sense./rant

I love this part... maybee if they would have just said yep your right and took them back, I would not have spent the $1300.00, Because guess what I am right. Thet argued with me for 2 weeks saying they fit. What was I gonna do, put them on the boards 4-sale and **** some other honest person? Maybee you would but not me.

Quick Reply: Billet Specialties Street Lite Direct Fit 15x10 rear Is avail for Shipping in 2 weeks