Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Pioneer AVIC F700 BT

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 12:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking Pioneer AVIC F700 BT

Ok first I have searched but could not find the answers I'm looking for. I have read several double din threads here where the pioneer avic f700bt was recommened. I have looked this model up online and really like the look and features, what I am unsure if is this. Will I be able to use my steering controls with this model? Will any pioneer cd changer work with this since I assume the factory one will not? The gps is there a monthly charge to use?( I would not think so but my sons buddy has a double din nav that according to my son the kid has to pay a monthly fee for gps.) I like the price, I like the fact I can change the light color to match the trans am and I like how clean it looks. If there is another model that anyone recommends over or instead of this please post them. As long as the steering control, color and it is to look smooth as close to seamless like the stock is I am game. I just don't like the look of the controls on most of the single dins I have found. So I will be going the double route so might as well get a nav if the price is right. Please excuse any mis spellings making this on my iPhone at work.
Thanks in advance Bryan

almost forgot car is a 2002 trans am with monsoon but all stock components will be replaced. Getting items one piece at a time thing installing all at once. Already know I need a custom bezel looking to purchase one from those on here who make them.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

Here's my thread on a Pioneer F-90BT I just put in my car a couple weeks ago.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...-trans-am.html

You will need an extra piece to use your steering wheel controls, but it is possible. Off the top of my head I believe they're about 75 bucks.

Some older Pioneer changers will not work, they changed the plugs I'm guessing about 5-7 years ago.. I could be wrong. I know from time to time we have customers come in with the older changers that have the wrong plug for newer pioneers.

You don't have to pay a monthly fee for Navigation.

I'm honestly not that familiar with the F700BT, but I'm thinking that it does the same stuff as the F900BT or the F90BT but doesn't have the DVD player, am I right?
Old 07-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Staging Lane

Correct it looks like it is the same minus the DVD. If I had another bezel could I pay you to mod it for me. That is no where in my realm of capablilites. Thanks for the reply. Have been searching for days using PAC website fir models that work for the steering wheel controls. Will also look into the f900 and f90bt. If price is right may get that one instead. Don't remember stereos being this hard back in the days of my high school years.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:34 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 276 Likes on 240 Posts

The only other double DIN head units that meet your requirements (other than other models in the Pioneer F series) are the Kenwood DNX series. The DNX-6140 is the closest match in features. The Kenwood has almost the same features (Bluetooth, custom display colors, USB, etc.) but can play DVDs and has Garmin-based GPS. If you are big on satellite radio - buy Pioneer for XM or Kenwood for Sirius (I know they merged but the equipment is still separate).
Old 07-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks whitebird. I have been studying your monsoon sticky for months now. Never gave all this much thought since she is our baby that is a weekend only car but came across a great deal on an amp and subs on here so now time for a full upgrade.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
The only other double DIN head units that meet your requirements (other than other models in the Pioneer F series) are the Kenwood DNX series. The DNX-6140 is the closest match in features. The Kenwood has almost the same features (Bluetooth, custom display colors, USB, etc.) but can play DVDs and has Garmin-based GPS. If you are big on satellite radio - buy Pioneer for XM or Kenwood for Sirius (I know they merged but the equipment is still separate).
I agree, Pioneer and Kenwood are both top of the line companies.

Originally Posted by blackram_air
If I had another bezel could I pay you to mod it for me.
PM'd
Old 07-27-2009, 05:26 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Flamingchicken94
You will need an extra piece to use your steering wheel controls, but it is possible. Off the top of my head I believe they're about 75 bucks.
Here's the adapter he was talking about, for Pioneer head units: http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=29

PIE probably also makes an adapter, but PAC's adapters are usually cheaper and just as good. I'd recommend calling them, to make sure the adapter is compatible with whichever head unit you choose (the adapters are manufacturer-specific).

The list price on their site is $85+shipping, but you can almost always find them cheaper brand new on ebay, or via a quick Google search.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

You could always check a local car audio shop. We always have those in stock at good prices.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:40 AM
On The Tree

Just put in the Avic F90 about a month ago and am very happy with it. However the F series cannot operate a cd changer so if the changer is a must, you will have to look at another company. Kenwood and Eclipse seem to round out the top three nav units with Pioneer but I don't know if either will support cd changers.