Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anybody running a Viper 5902?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody running a Viper 5902?

Im planning ahead a couple months, looking for the best security system.

I was looking on vipers site, and the 5902 seemed like a great system, with the optional sensors, it seems like it'll be real secure.

I will have ALOT of money in to it, with more to come, and though i live in a safe city, i go to school in flint, which is shady to say the least.

Just wondering who is running this system, and what you think.

or is there a better system, company, thanks.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

I sell Clifford at my shop, which is from DEI (same company as Viper). Any of the 3 from DEI, Clifford Viper and Hornet, are good alarms. All the features that come on those are great. I've got the clifford 50.7X on my CTS-V, and have it setup for manual transmission remote start. It works flawlessly and you'll really enjoy the remote start for the cold weather coming on.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:53 PM
TECH Regular

The only thing i woudl recommend is if you have an I-phone, the new alarm from viper that uses the wifi through the i-phone as the keypad. Other than that, anything from dei: viper, clifford, or Python(not hornet){hornet is the lower line made by dei, like avital. nothing wrong with it at all, but not the same as the viper and clifford products}
Old 11-10-2009, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jonyb
I sell Clifford at my shop, which is from DEI (same company as Viper). Any of the 3 from DEI, Clifford Viper and Hornet, are good alarms. All the features that come on those are great. I've got the clifford 50.7X on my CTS-V, and have it setup for manual transmission remote start. It works flawlessly and you'll really enjoy the remote start for the cold weather coming on.
Originally Posted by bmnicolosi
The only thing i woudl recommend is if you have an I-phone, the new alarm from viper that uses the wifi through the i-phone as the keypad. Other than that, anything from dei: viper, clifford, or Python(not hornet){hornet is the lower line made by dei, like avital. nothing wrong with it at all, but not the same as the viper and clifford products}

Thanks guys,

Yea, my car is a M6 so it needs to be able to handle that, but it doesnt seem like for the money ill be paying, that thatll be a problem.

and yea, security is important to me, but i also really need the remote start... Ill be driving my new 454 LSX monster daily through this michigan winter.

Do you guys know if i can use a itouch opposed to a iphone. Im stuck with verizon, right now.

Also can anybody better explain, how viper uses the iphone... Is it like a extended range FOB?
Old 11-11-2009, 01:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bmnicolosi
Hornet is the same thing. THey don't offer anything equivalent to the 5902, but this one is identical to the Clifford 50.7X I have. I also have price sheets for Viper, Clifford, and Hornet. All have the exact same pricing, in fact, I have to look closely at the sheet to make sure I'm on the right one sometimes.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:16 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PUNISHER TA
Thanks guys,

Yea, my car is a M6 so it needs to be able to handle that, but it doesnt seem like for the money ill be paying, that thatll be a problem.

and yea, security is important to me, but i also really need the remote start... Ill be driving my new 454 LSX monster daily through this michigan winter.

Do you guys know if i can use a itouch opposed to a iphone. Im stuck with verizon, right now.

Also can anybody better explain, how viper uses the iphone... Is it like a extended range FOB?
I can't answer the itouch question because I haven't installed one of those yet. DEI gave Best Buy first grabs at these things and they were exclusive for a while. I don't think the BB in my area has anyone qualified to install one of these (or any alarm/remote start for that matter).

Most alarms are gonna give the same features. The difference in these is the range, 1-way or 2-way, and LCD or non-LCD remotes.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:04 AM

The Iphone/Itouch remote start feature requires an additional module to go with the 5902. It's a little pricey. An Itouch will work as well as an Iphone "IF" you have a wifi connection for the Itouch. You have to get an app downloaded for either Apple product your using. It is free for the first year then $30 a year thereafter. Don't know if you have to sign up for additional years to get the first year free. The range is virtually unlimited as it uses technology similar to pagers.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:00 PM

The Viper 5902 5902V alarm is actually really great, if you look up the reviews, its pretty decent a friend of mine just got it installed on his car. Remote is by far one of the Best Looking Alarm Remotes I've seen. he bought it for $309.00 - Cheapest Price online that Ive seen! http://www.carstereoneeds.com/p21749...duct_info.html
Found this guy from ebay followed his site, its actually cheaper.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:39 PM
12 Second Club

i have it...i love it...one of the coolest parts about it is..say you pull up to a gas station or something and you wanna leave the car running but dont wanna leave your keys in it...press the remote start turn the key off take it out and lock the car and its still running...if someone were to break into it..when the door opens the car shuts off and starts screaming...if you were to leave the car unlocked with it running once the break is pressed the car shuts off...in shorter words...i love the alarm..i actually bought on for my SS and my 4runner..one remote can control both cars..and it does work with manuals!
Old 09-22-2010, 12:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This thread is almost an year old...just sayin'.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:20 AM
On The Tree

any updates?