Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Question To Kee Audio about woofers

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Question To Kee Audio about woofers

hey i was on the kee audio website looking at mid-bass speakers and small subs. my sail panel speakers in my 99 trans am monsoon system are blown out. i want the best sounding bass that i can get out of the small sail panel speakers. i looking around 120 dollars. are the Bazooka 6.5" Dual Voice Coil Subwoofers going to give me the best bass sound for my car? any advice would be helpful. thanks, kyle
Old 04-01-2010, 10:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hahahaahah

"Best"? Bazooka? No.

Peerless SLS, though they are not ideal for the stock amplifier.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

He probly ment best for stock amp. I want best sound with mine once i go this route.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99ws6ls1
hey i was on the kee audio website looking at mid-bass speakers and small subs. my sail panel speakers in my 99 trans am monsoon system are blown out. i want the best sounding bass that i can get out of the small sail panel speakers. i looking around 120 dollars. are the Bazooka 6.5" Dual Voice Coil Subwoofers going to give me the best bass sound for my car? any advice would be helpful. thanks, kyle
I purchased the standard speaker package from Kee Audio with the Audiopipes subs DVC connected to my stock Monsoon HU and amp. I'm pleased with their performance. But, I was aware that the metal sheet where the subs are attached is so tiny and the plastic sail panel is not prepared enough to damper the bass sound coming from my new Audiopipes. So I got rattle and vibrations a lot. I had to reinforce the metal sheet hole and use foam between the plastic panel and the metal sheet around the speakers. I glued the grilles too. Now, I enjoy my audio system.

I know that the CDT CL-E6NEO 6.5" midwoofers are better than Audipipes, but they are not dual voice coils. However They are compatible and sound pretty good with Monsoon & amp.

My personal experience. Lets Ian Kee answer your question with more technical data.

Regards
dochidalgo

Last edited by dochidalgo; 04-01-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

I got the Audiopipes also and they rattled like crazy eventhough I got Secondskin lining the insides.Like doc said I used two sided foam tape between the speakers and the speaker metal and covered all the exposed holes.WOW,just doing that made a huge difference.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Staging Lane

ok thanks everyone for the advice. i still think that im gonna go with the bazooka's cause i heard they sound good with the stock amp.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why do people even ask about the "best" when they end up going with cheap junk?
Old 04-09-2010, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

i bought the CDT neo sailpannel speakers from kee audio and they work pretty good.. good punchy bass, not overpowering

only complaint is they didnt directly bolt up to stock 4 holes.. bolted up to 2 of them fine and i made the 3rd hole work..

good enough for me
Old 04-11-2010, 09:44 PM
TECH Regular

if you want more bass, the Tang Band W6-1139SI has the Xmax (cone travel) of a 10" subwoofer but is 6.5" and handles power very well; it only requires like 40-50 watts and is 4 ohm so it should work fine with whatever head unit or amp you have in there now. If you want good bass but with a lot of midrange clarity then the Dayton rs-180 4 ohm speaker is the best bang for the buck, period.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Red97LT1
I got the Audiopipes also and they rattled like crazy eventhough I got Secondskin lining the insides.Like doc said I used two sided foam tape between the speakers and the speaker metal and covered all the exposed holes.WOW,just doing that made a huge difference.
I just installed mine today drivers side is sounding great as is the passenger when not installed... its not so much a rattle but I can tell its either not tight enough (cant make it any tighter) or metal is shaking. So you put the tape around the entire whole hole where the speaker mounts?
Old 05-06-2010, 08:44 AM
Teching In

pillagenburn, will those subwoofers fit in the sailpanel holes? I forget how much space is in there but the Tangs at least seem a little deep.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are a whole world of great performing possibilities that open up when you go aftermarket for the sail panels. The problem lies in that when you want to keep the stock amp it limits your choices down to a handful of companies if you want to keep optimal power output from the amp.
Going aftermarket opens you up to many viable, quality possibilities.

Quick Reply: Question To Kee Audio about woofers