Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Customized my custom Subthump t-top box!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 02:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I always knew from the first time seeing the subthump t-top box that I needed to have it because I didnt want to be one of those guys riding around with my tops in the back seat. Before installing I had a ported pro-box which housed my T1D210 Power Rockford being powered by a 500.1 Rockford Power amp. Needless to say after everyone heard it most people thought I had 2 12's in the hatch! Then the day finally came that I had recieved my subthump dual 10" sealed well box to clean everything up. Unfortunately I had misread the specs on the sub and the dimensions I found to be too large for a sealed enclosure! My sub sounded like pure a**!(my fault of course for not reading) Anyway, after brainstorming on what I should do I decided to further customize my already custom box and this is what happened.

I couldnt get the fabrication pics to load but here is the finished product

Stay tuned for my custom amp case/rack install in the hatch area! Planning on something I have not yet seen before
Attached Thumbnails Customized my custom Subthump t-top box!-photo-3.jpg  

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 10-19-2012 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Merge consecutive posts
Old 11-11-2012, 09:19 PM
Teching In

I think a little more explanation is needed. What are you doing with the empty speaker hole? And how can you put your t-tops back there where the box is?
Old 11-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Teching In

I'm planning on installing another rockford t1d210 sub in the empty speaker hole. As for the t-tops, they slide into the slot in front of the speaker box. Go to subthump.com and you will see pics of the t-top placement. IMO they sell the best and most factory looking box for our cars + they are a sponsor here.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:15 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by N.O.E.
+ they are a sponsor here.
Uh, no they are not. But it's fine to discuss and/or recommend non-sponsor products as long as you don't post links to their website. We want members to be able to share as much information as possible as long as they don't step on the toes of our paying sponsors.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They are nice boxes for sure, but damn they add a LOT of weight when you factor in the 2 subs and the box and the amp for it. It actually made the rear of my old TA sag lol. I got tired of it and removed it. But it hit hard as hell for sure!
Old 12-16-2012, 07:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LOHRTBT
They are nice boxes for sure, but damn they add a LOT of weight when you factor in the 2 subs and the box and the amp for it. It actually made the rear of my old TA sag lol. I got tired of it and removed it. But it hit hard as hell for sure!
Yeah... I had mine in for years and it was a great conversation piece, but the weight and lack of a trunk started to get to me. Went with a single 10" box from DoubleDin for now. Getting his pass box prolly this summer. Dual 10's.. But I'll have to re-do the amps.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Teching In

I know this is a lot to ask, but would you be willing to measure all the areas of the box. Id like to see if I could build my own for cheaper than 300 bucks lol. If not I understand thanks.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:32 AM
11 Second Club

The only thing that is concerning me on going this route would be all the extra weight. Is it enough to really notice?
Old 01-07-2013, 02:45 AM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

The weight difference probably isn't any more than the difference between an empty and full tank of gas.

Quick Reply: Customized my custom Subthump t-top box!