Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

LED flasher for LED front & rear

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2020, 10:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Hardblu linkS?
Old 08-01-2020, 10:30 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 278 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by ramairjohn2000
Hardblu linkS?
No links. They are not a sponsor. I'm sure Google can provide the links you're looking for.
Old 08-02-2020, 05:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 103 Likes on 69 Posts

So is there any definitive answer to which flasher works for sure with both front DRLs and tail lights swapped to LEDs? I have an issue with my 02 formula and the passenger side DRL not functioning properly (worked fine with regular bulbs and stock flasher). I have the EF32RL flasher and LEDs in the front and back and everything besides that front passenger DRL works properly, occasionally it will work but 90% of the time it doesn't. Either it won't light up at all or it is super dim and wont flash when the right turn signal is on, however lights up when the headlight switch is turned on (but signal still doesn't work). I originally tried this flasher with just the LED daytime running lights which gave me the same problem, and figured I'd swap to LED tail lights also thinking that might be the issue, but didn't matter. Also replaced the DRL bulb sockets thinking the old crusty plastic and corroded terminals might be the problem, but same issue persists. I tried the LL552 flasher and that made all of them not function properly so switched back to the EF32RL. Is this just a problem of the wrong flasher or is there some other issue? Maybe a bad DRL module? Any ideas?
Old 08-02-2020, 05:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BFK86
So is there any definitive answer to which flasher works for sure with both front DRLs and tail lights swapped to LEDs? I have an issue with my 02 formula and the passenger side DRL not functioning properly (worked fine with regular bulbs and stock flasher). I have the EF32RL flasher and LEDs in the front and back and everything besides that front passenger DRL works properly, occasionally it will work but 90% of the time it doesn't. Either it won't light up at all or it is super dim and wont flash when the right turn signal is on, however lights up when the headlight switch is turned on (but signal still doesn't work). I originally tried this flasher with just the LED daytime running lights which gave me the same problem, and figured I'd swap to LED tail lights also thinking that might be the issue, but didn't matter. Also replaced the DRL bulb sockets thinking the old crusty plastic and corroded terminals might be the problem, but same issue persists. I tried the LL552 flasher and that made all of them not function properly so switched back to the EF32RL. Is this just a problem of the wrong flasher or is there some other issue? Maybe a bad DRL module? Any ideas?
Posted the one I used in this thread. I have no issues using it.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...l#post19340485

https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...l#post20231612
Old 08-13-2020, 11:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by M4N14C
2 X Keep It Clean No Load Fixed Pulse Flasher PN KICFF552NLF (One for turn signals and one for hazards)
4 X Pilot Automotive 3157 Red LED Light Bulbs (2 inner tail light bulbs)
2 X Auxito 194 LED Bulbs (Outer tail light bulbs)
4 X Auxito 194 Amber LED Bulbs (Side Markers)
2 X 3157 Amber LED Bulbs (Front turn signals)

I've had the 3rd brake light for a while now, I forget where it got it but lots of places carry them now. I did have to add some resistors to the 3rd brake light circuit to retain my cruise control.
just did the conversion with a screaming chicken package direct replacement fogs and led drl turn signals and backup lights and brake lights they include resistors and instructions all works awesome except I did the eBay 3rd f1 style brake light and it doesn’t work. What resistors should I add ? Or am I missing something else? Thanks1
Old 08-14-2020, 09:23 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 188 Likes on 142 Posts

Which bulbs for Fog Lights?
Which F1-Style Brake Light? Only for CHMSL/3rd-Brake-Light or all?
Old 08-14-2020, 11:11 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Originally Posted by BFK86
This is not a flasher problem - the same flasher runs both sides so if one side works but the other doesn't then the problem is something with the side that doesn't work and not with the flasher that both sides share. Besides, the flasher has nothing to do with the DRLs... it's only involved when the turn signals are in use.

I would start with swapping the LED bulbs between sides. If the problem switches sides then you know the bulb is bad. If the problem remains on the right side then you have a problem with the socket (corrosion), the wiring (bad ground or broken wire), or possibly the DRL module.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by VIP1
Which bulbs for Fog Lights?
Which F1-Style Brake Light? Only for CHMSL/3rd-Brake-Light or all?
Heise direct plug and play work fit great
Direct diode rear tails and reverse lights work for great
drl Sylvania leds work for great
the issue is the third brake light which is just of eBay 2 direct plug in leds and don’t work lol........
So which resistor would I need and where would it go for third brake light
thanks again in advance
Old 10-29-2020, 06:19 PM
TECH Resident

Anyone ? Ready to get back to work on the beast
Old 10-30-2020, 07:46 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

The same resistor that is used for turn signals should work fine with the third brake light. They are 6-ohm, 50-watt resistors packaged in a heat sink. They are available in packaged sets for under $10 online and in almost every auto parts store. Wire one in parallel to the LEDs - connect one lead to the LED positive wire and the other to the negative wire or any good ground. DO NOT install inline in the LED power lead.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:28 AM
TECH Resident

Ok thanks!11
Old 11-20-2020, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

I need help. I read through this thread and went Alla Lighting all 4 corner LED turn signals and then used the FF552NLF No Load Flasher I purchased on
Amazon Amazon
(you can see the part number 'FF552NLF ' on the very bottom of the page.)

My LED's are not flashing using 4 ways or turn signals with the new flashers. If I replace one LED Bulb per side with a incandescent bulb then my turn signals and four ways will work again. Why is the no-load flasher not working on my LED's?
Old 11-22-2020, 03:49 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

You should try one of those 2-prong with an extra ground wire electronic flashers such as the CEC EF32RL or the United Pacific 90650. They are rated down to 0.1A current and will work with an all LED circuit.
Old 08-10-2021, 09:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ws6AFBaker
yup actually ended up finding them shortly after I made the post lol. Was a late night of forum reading and my head was about cooked. Ended up ordered two of them.

Which ones did you end up buying I am looking for some
Old 08-12-2021, 08:40 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

This includes two flashers (turn signals and emergency lights), we connect both ground wires together and include easy to follow 4th gen specific instructions. We use the United Pacific 90650 flashers. These are the same flashers we use in our combos and other products that need flashers.
1998-2002 Camaro/Firebird LED flashers (screamingchicken.com)
Old 08-12-2021, 10:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MBSiNCERE
Which ones did you end up buying I am looking for some
He purchased the ones I liked for him.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-st...l#post20231612

Quick Reply: LED flasher for LED front & rear