Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Bad dealings with subthump.com?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 11:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad dealings with subthump.com?

I was wondering if anyone has had any bad dealings with subthump.com? I ordered a Millhouse box from them 9 days ago and had received an order conformation. I called my credit card company to check and see if my credit card order with them had went through and it has. I sent them an email a couple days ago wanting to confirm my order with them personally and to know the status on my order, but have not received a reply. I also tried to contact them by phone yesterday and left a message, but have not received a phone call back and I`ve tried to call today without any avail. What is up with this company? They seem to have a good product, but I`m starting to have doubts about dealing with these folks.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:13 PM
Banned

I finally got in touch with them. I guess I posted a little too soon. They seem to be backed up a bit. Still a little tough to get in touch with on the phone, but was very curteous. Other than the fact they are hard to make contact with, they seem to be an A+ business.
Old 02-18-2005, 03:06 PM
Launching!

I've heard really good things about them in the past.

I also plan on ordering a box from them soon.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:02 PM
TECH Resident

A little snippy are we?
Old 02-18-2005, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

I had a great custom built t-top box sent to my door. Subthump has QUALITY stuff. I hope all works out. Stress and deadlines got me megabass. Dont let it get u. Good luck with your business.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:58 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Originally Posted by megabass
Yes, but when you 30 people pestering you all day long about eta on their box, you would be too! I've told two guys that if they don't get off my back I'm going to cancel their order. I don't wann have to do that, but it's getting to the point where I just can't take it anymore
I dont blame you one bit either Steve. You've got a great product, but its a custom product that takes time to build. I could never be in an audio related business because the customer base as a whole is impatient and immature. Not saying the original poster is immature but that the customers as a whole are for that market, the original poster is just impatient. It was nine days on a custom product, and the guy is building it himself along with all the other orders he's got, so you're darn right he may be a little hard to get ahold of on the phone if he's out cutting and drilling wood all day. Nine days, sheesh. If I were Steve I would have given you a piece of my mind and gave you your money back.

Keep up the good work Steve. Hope life is going good. Been a long time since we've talked. Take care man.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Customer is always right, and if im paying someone to make me a product, i have the right to call him and ask questions about it. If he would have acted snippy with me i would hope to god his business fails. On a side note i ordered a box from them last year and it was a quality box, just had to hack it up a bit recently cuz the P3 Rockford fosgate 10inch frame is bulky. =(

Things to remember

Without your loyal Customers, You have nothing.

Customer is always right. <--- to a certain point, but stressed in all different types of companies.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:17 AM
Banned

I may have jumped the gun, but I tried to make contact through email and phone. I left messages both places. I have been screwed out of a couple grand here lately, so I`m a bit paranoid about being screwed again and making financial dealings over the net. I apologize
Old 02-19-2005, 03:46 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Originally Posted by Monello
Customer is always right,
Screw that. Its one thing to take care of your customers, especially the ones who take half a second to step outside of their world and think about how business over at Subthump might be busy and that Steve is making all the boxes himself, and that he probably has a family to take care of, or maybe he got sick and couldn't build some boxes, or any other number of things that would have slowed him down. Its an all together different thing to spend all your time answering phones and emails and never getting any work done, causing even bigger delays. Custom work takes time, PERIOD. Get used to it or dont order from a place that you have to wait two weeks on (which is a completely reasonable amount of time anyway).

Just my take. I dont know Steve personally but I have had some dealings with him in the past and have had nothing but great and reasonable service and I know that he's a good guy. It gets ridiculous though when people start asking for the unreasonable.

With all of that said, mako, its understandable that you're a bit edgy after losing some money over the net. I've been there two for about half what you've lost and I'm gun shy also, but sometimes you have to walk a mile in the other man's shoes. Steve will get you your box. How many times have you heard about him screwing someone out of their money?
Old 02-19-2005, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I ordered a 12" "Stealth" box last night
Old 02-19-2005, 04:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Subthump makes a great product. I have had nothing but success with them.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:30 PM
Banned

I ordered my box on the 9th of february. I didn`t try to make contact by phone until the 16th and left a message. I sent an email on the 15th I believe and never got a response from either of them. I finally made contact verbal contact on the 17th after several calls to get through.
I was never trying to doubt subthump or try to be an ******* cumstomer. I just felt it was time for me to try and make contact since they hadn`t.
I own my own business and not making contact with customers is a BIG NO NO!!! Everyone has personal problems from time to time including myself that can interfere with business, but it`s very bad to let it. Business is business and your personal life is your personal life. Your business will crash and burn if you let the two mix. It doesn`t matter how thriving your business is. I`ve seen it too many times.
I`m sure subthump makes a quality product. I have read nothing but great reviews about them. That is why I went with them instead of someone else.
I apologize once again to the folks at subthump for causing any grief that I may have caused. Like I mentioned earlier though, business is business
Old 02-19-2005, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

whats the usual time after an order is placed that it gets shipped out?
Old 02-19-2005, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well if I didn't have 40 other orders to work on I could get each one done faster. The last 2 weeks have been DOUBLE the amount of orders of my PEAK week from last year. Remember these are custom. I don't just pull them off the shelf and stick them in the mail. And when you order a box, that doesn't mean your box is the only one we are working on. Sometimes, like these last couple weeks, I have to finish a dozen other boxes before I start on yours. You don't necessarly go right to the front of the line like everyone thinks they should. When I am in the shop (with my ear plugs in and the saw and air compressor going, I CANNOT hear the phone ringing. So duh it would be hard to contact me. So it's best to either e-mail me or wait paitenly. I really haven't had time to write everybody back and I'm turning away about $600 worth of business a week. So you should feel lucky I decided to accept your order. Your going to get your box soon, so keep your shorts on.

raise your prices
Old 02-19-2005, 06:00 PM
Staging Lane

Yes, contact is nice. Steve- if u need any help, I work for beer and chicken wings!
Old 02-19-2005, 06:58 PM
Launching!

lol 9 days...hope you guys never order a custom turbo kit or rims.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:40 PM
Banned

I don`t care if it took 30 days to get the box made. Point of the matter is, it`s not good business to make absolutely no contact with your customer. Obviously the people responding here have absolutely no idea what it takes to run a successful business. Sounds to me like subthump has grown to where it needs more employees.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

I see both sides...im an installer and i need ample time to do a good job and warranty my work. I hate stopping progress to answer phones and help customers etc. But at the same time, if i dont, pretty soon i wont have anything to install..
Old 02-20-2005, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

So you should feel lucky I decided to accept your order. Your going to get your box soon, so keep your shorts on.
That quote right there changed my mind on buying anything from subthump. We should feel lucky? You should feel lucky we (the customers) are putting money in your pocket to pay your bills! So keep your shorts on!

Originally Posted by makoshark
I finally got in touch with them. I guess I posted a little too soon. They seem to be backed up a bit. Still a little tough to get in touch with on the phone, but was very curteous. Other than the fact they are hard to make contact with, they seem to be an A+ business.
makoshark was more than understanding and even rated your buisness an A+ and you still get snippy and go off! He just wanted to know the status of his box, if he paid you money for it he should have the right to call you E-V-E-R-Y D-A-Y until its done if he wants to, thats how businesses work! That is just terrible customer service! And it may not mean much to you but you have lost yourself a customer here.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:05 PM
Teching In

I agree with 02blackSS... that is a shitty way to treat customers, atleast the ones that were 'lucky' enough to have you grace them by accepting their order...

Quick Reply: Bad dealings with subthump.com?