Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Odometer, Radio, Alarm..not working!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 01:10 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odometer, Radio, Alarm..not working!

Bad storm tonight here in Central Florida. Lightning like crazy was at the woman's apartment and from where her place is you can't really hear an alarm going off or anything like that. But I get in the car and start it up, Odometer and Trip meter do not show up, radio is not working-seems like it is not gettting any juice, alarm will not set nor does the key fob work anymore. I haven't looked at any fuses yet, don't smell any burning, could the lightning have something to do with this? I'm having a friend come over with his wiring diagram and all of his electronics tools when I get off work tommorow. I really could care less about the odometer haha, but the radio(head unit) and alarm (i live near some shady characters) are necessary! PleASSEEEE HELP! Any input is greatly appreciated also!
Old 05-12-2006, 05:33 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check your GAUGES fuse and your DIMMER fuse...
Old 05-12-2006, 11:54 AM
Banned

fuses are all ok by the LOOKS of things. I haven't tested anything yet as my electrician skillz...well suck and I have bad luck with electricity in general.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

you need to check them better, pull them all out and raise them to the sun to see if it got burnt. the fuse with the number 15 i bet will be the one that's fkked up.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 278 Likes on 242 Posts

Or better still, just put a new fuse in and see if it solves the problem. Fuses can be bad without looking blown. Sometimes they just crack when they get old.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well dirtybird im having almost the exact same problem. except my keyless entry works but the parking lights dont blink when i lock/unlock it. odometer is out along with radio. i pulled my negative battery cable and it fixed it for about 10 minutes then i went to start the car again and it wasnt working.....however as soon as i came back and pulled my car in the driveway they magically came back on. then later it didnt work. i went out with my girlfriend and i came back and they work again, keep in mind the car hadnt moved in over 3 hours.wtf???? geuss ill try it again tomorow morning and see whats up.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by reject
you need to check them better, pull them all out and raise them to the sun to see if it got burnt. the fuse with the number 15 i bet will be the one that's fkked up.
would that be under the hood or inside between the drivers side panel and the door?
Old 05-14-2006, 08:57 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 278 Likes on 242 Posts

Inside on the left end of the dash.