Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Blinkers blinking slowly....

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 06:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Blinkers blinking slowly....

and then they come to a stop and then go up again.

Some have said the more horsepower you have the slower theyll be, thats why you always see others with fast *** blinking lights.

Anyways anybody know whats going on.
Thanks
Old 06-27-2006, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perhaps a bad alternator? Do you have anything that could be draining a lot of power, IE a system? I've a similar condition, but its at idle only. While playing my system my voltage drops below 12.4, lights dim and the blinker of course slows. I'd have to place light throttle to get the alt to spin a lil more to raise the voltage, and once it reaches around 13v everything works correctly.

I dont know about the fast blinking lights being associated with high gains of HP, it'd be news to me if it were true. Usually from what I see, the people who change the pace of their blinkers could be part of that Fast&Furios hype. More of an appereance thingy to me.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

probably the flasher
Old 06-27-2006, 09:24 PM
12 Second Club

funny thought, but its probably the flasher unit/relay whatever. I think they work by a metal strip that makes contact, heats up and bends, then contacts another piece, then cools, and moves back to the first part where it will heat up again and repeat. If you can understand my description...

not sure where the thing is at but put on the flasher and listen to find out.

Im sure they make different delay speeds to suit your hp taste
Old 06-27-2006, 09:44 PM
12 Second Club

It is your flasher module. I think it is a round silver thing on one of the fuse blocks. Mine did the same thing where the blinker was really slow. That was back when I still had the factory warranty so the dealer replaced the flasher relay and all is well. Should be an easy fix.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the feedback, I have yet to look into it as I havent' had time so I'll check it out now, thanks again.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Could you give me some more info on the location of the module, I just looked at all fuse blocks and could not find the specific one. The larger fuses were gray and of the brand omron.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:56 PM
Restricted User

it's under the dash, on the driver side. You need to drop the black plastic panel near the pedals, as well as the knee bolster part. You should find 2 round metal flashers. One is for blinkers, one is for hazards, but me memory of which is which has escaped me right now.

mike
Old 07-06-2006, 10:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mike @ FbodyAudio
it's under the dash, on the driver side. You need to drop the black plastic panel near the pedals, as well as the knee bolster part. You should find 2 round metal flashers. One is for blinkers, one is for hazards, but me memory of which is which has escaped me right now.

mike
Yep, I second the flasher theory... had this problem on my last car, replaced flasher and everything worked fine again. It's really easy to install, but if it doesn't work the first time, take the flasher back and replace it with another and try again. I've heard of that happening before, just because it's a new flasher doesn't mean it's gonna work. Good Luck :-).
Old 07-07-2006, 07:12 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 277 Likes on 241 Posts

The turn signal flasher is clipped to the underside of the dash just to the right of the opening when you remove the plastic knee panel under the steering column. The hazard flasher is on the left side.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:47 PM
Staging Lane

can you swap the hazard flasher for the turn flasher? just so i have turn signals? cause its the steeler game and we dont leavethe house to get parts
Old 10-15-2006, 04:21 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 277 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by flyinglow57
can you swap the hazard flasher for the turn flasher? just so i have turn signals? cause its the steeler game and we dont leavethe house to get parts
Yes you can - if that is the problem. It is unusual for the flasher to die because it's a very simple device. The most common problem is one side flashing but the other doesn't. This is caused by a burned out bulb or corroded bulb socket on the side that doesn't flash.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:11 PM
Staging Lane

swaped hazard/turn flasher... now i have turns no 4-ways though. good enough for now... thanks everyone. oh yeah go steelers