Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

WTF v. Humount

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTF v. Humount

I got my plate in a few days ago, just now hooked up the illumination. I cant believe its supposed to be blue. It looks more green to me. I dont like the way it looks at all. I changed some of my lights to blue LED, and this color doesnt go with them at all. Its like that blue/green color that our cars come with stock. Ive never seen anyone mention this. I took a pic, but in the pic (go figure) it looks blue, not like it does in person. No one else looks a pale greenish color?
Old 07-21-2006, 12:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the blue and it looks blue. . . got me?!?!?
Old 07-21-2006, 12:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Mine doesnt. I was looking forward to this mount a lot too, now im sorely dissapointed, and feel it was a huge waste of money.
My brother just confirmed (make sure im not color blind lol) he said its a aqua blue (like out factory lights). The 'RO' are also a different color! its more of a blue like they are supposed to be. Ive emailed Mark. Ill see how that goes.

Its weird as hell though it appears perfect in the pics, just like everyones posted.

So yours is a pure blue? Not any hint of green?

Last edited by 2KThunder; 07-21-2006 at 10:38 AM.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:52 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Do you think maybe he deliberately used that color so that it would closely match the factory color (which is what most people would have)? Perhaps you should have mentioned that you had changed the dash color and he could have matched that.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

When I read BLUE I dont expect Aqua. The last two digits on camaro, almost show up the correct blue.

I have heard from Mark, he seems to think its the leds. I kinda agree now that I think about it, as they are 3 wired in series then another 3 and those are all wired in parallel. Looking from the top one led is a darker color (the one above the last 2 letter, which look semi normal). He offered a replacement. I know Brian2006 on here has a mount on order with blue illumination, to save us bothe the trouble (mark and myself), im gonna hold off till Brian gets his.

Last edited by 2KThunder; 07-21-2006 at 10:41 AM.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:01 AM
11 Second Club

Old 07-21-2006, 09:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that looks pretty sweet.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:18 PM
11 Second Club

2KT. . . Any resolve yet? Colors appear to change with lighting available. . .

Old 07-27-2006, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

I contacted Mark he will swap the illumination out. I am waiting on Brian2006 to get his mount in in shipped a few days ago, that way I can confirm mine is messed or if thats how its supposed to be. Remember how I said a couple off the letters actually look the right blue?
http://share.undergroundtopics.com/v...g=xrarw6fa.jpg
Here is a pic of the bar, you can see the 3rd led is dimmer than the rest, and the 4th from left is brighter, thats the one that looks proper blue.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:17 AM
11 Second Club

looks like the LEDs weren't matched to me.

Duff
Old 07-28-2006, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

He went ahead and sent me a new bar. Will update when I receive it
Old 08-04-2006, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I fixed it! I still havent received the replacement bar, but I went ahead and experimented. I ended up using a 4-point led light bar with five 5mm blue leds. Its usage is in vinyl signage, they are bars that you can interconnect. I just placed it around an inch from where the bar usually mounts, and I also blacked out around the headunit and the top. Looks really blue. I like it. The only prob is since the LED bar isnt touching the mount, it gives out light through the SS plaque on the dash lol. Easy fix. There is a pic you can see headunit, mount, blue ASR and fog lgith button, and blue ac controls. I dont know why the ASR button looks brighter than the other, I dont recall it being like that in the car. Here is one of the gauges:

One thing I noticed, in all this disconnecting and reconnecting of the headunit mount I managed to chip the black coating in 2 places right around the border around teh faceplate, they are like ballpoint pensize. Oh well.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:14 PM
11 Second Club

Sharpie marker pen is your friend
Old 08-04-2006, 10:30 PM
Staging Lane

To get rid of the backglow, I painted all non-letter surfaces of that white plastic bit. I did a layer of white (to internally reflect an accurate color) and then an outer layer of black.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I still havent received the replacement....He said he sent it almost 2 weeks ago, and I sent the original one back...So pretty much at this point I paid $20 more for an LED bar that I didnt get.... Not saying im not fine with how I rigged it up, but its the principle.

Here is the bar I used:

It is true blue, I mounted it with 3M double sided tape. Works perfect. I paid less than $7 shipped for it. For the HUMount illumination, its $20. And I still havent got it yet, nor do I plan on receiving it due to how long its been since he said he shipped it.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Duffster

you paid all that money for the humount, and are using that deck
Old 08-10-2006, 05:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jimmy 2 Times
you paid all that money for the humount, and are using that deck
Nope, changed that also. . .after the fact to this:

Some times, you've gotta work with a budget. . .
Old 08-10-2006, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Back on track: I really dislike HUMOUNT. Made me send my bar back, for a new one which I never got, and he gave someone else a full refund and new mount and I had to go through all this ******* bullshit and pay $80 for a mount with no working light bar. I mean WTF. I had to ship a fucked up led bar back on my dime and someone gets a full refund and a new MOUNT shipped to them. Great service for the other guy if I where him id think HUMount is great. But I wasnt the other guy. I get the ******* shaft majorly. I still dont have a lightbar which I paid $20 for, im out time and shipping, not to mention the mounts all flaking from removing it so much, and I bought another lightbar off ebay WHICH WORKS, and is BLUE, not TEAL or AQUA. All in all this has been the worst, most frusterating purchase ive made online.

Last edited by 2KThunder; 08-10-2006 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:58 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Have you contacted Mark to find out where the replacement is? Or do you just plan to bitch in this forum? Somehow I don't think we're getting the whole story here. I may be wrong but Mark has a good reputation and I'm sure he tries to take care of his customers when things occasionally go wrong as in this case.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Have you contacted Mark to find out where the replacement is? Or do you just plan to bitch in this forum? Somehow I don't think we're getting the whole story here. I may be wrong but Mark has a good reputation and I'm sure he tries to take care of his customers when things occasionally go wrong as in this case.
If you think this is acceptable then more power to you. I paid for this Jun 29th, and if it wasnt for going out and spending more money off my own to make my own illumination, I wouldnt have any. What could I be leaving out? Would you like me to post all the email correspondence? Paypal receipts? Take pics of how I rigged it up myself? You can call it bitching all you want. I'll think of it as a review of my experience with HUMount...