Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

"I HAVE A...PLAN" Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 11:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default "I HAVE A...PLAN" Need some help

Ok here’s the deal,

I read a write up on how to "mod" the passenger window to make it have the "auto express feature" to roll the windows down with one touch like the driver’s door.

I also read a write up on how to mod the factory alarm system to eliminate the "progressive" lock feature to unlock the both doors with a single touch on the remote instead of 1 for driver and a second for the passenger. This mod leaves one channel open on the system that could be used for wiring a different function.

Here is where "I HAVE A...PLAN" Need some help comes in.
What would it take to use the above mods and turn the extra feature on the remote into an express roll down of both windows; I think it would be sweet walking out to the car, press the button once, lights flash and doors unlock, press a second time and the windows roll down.......

Thanks in advance for the input and help.....

Last edited by Topless TA; 07-27-2006 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DO IT! Makes for cooler car letting the heat out as you're walking up!

Let us know and take lots of pictures

Duff
Old 07-27-2006, 12:09 PM
TECH Resident

I know aftermarket alarms use a window module to work. I'm not sure how a factory alarm has it or is capable of accepting some type of control module.

I use one on a viper 791. Works great, you can even crack the windows 2" at a time.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

You don't mention which of several methods you're using to add the express down function to the passenger's window. In order to connect them to the extra pulse from the progressive door lock mod you will need an aftermarket window module such as the DEI 530T. If you just add a second factory window express down module then I don't think the pulse is long enough to activate it and you'd have to do some creative wiring to get both windows to go down at the same time (but only when the keyless entry activates it).

With a 530T you get both express up and express down for both windows plus a trigger wire designed to activate the module for both windows from a pulse from an alarm system or the door lock mod.

Bear in mind that the progressive door lock mod doesn't actually give you a second (separate) channel. It just redirects the unlock function to work both doors off the driver's door circuit. The difference is that the wire you would use for the second "channel" is still the original passenger's door unlock circuit. So, pressing unlock on either inside door switch provides the same pulse as pressing twice on the remote. That means that you might press the unlock button while driving and have both windows go down unexpectedly.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
If you just add a second factory window express down module then I don't think the pulse is long enough to activate it and you'd have to do some creative wiring to get both windows to go down at the same time (but only when the keyless entry activates it).

the progressive door lock mod doesn't actually give you a second (separate) channel. It just redirects the unlock function to work both doors off the driver's door circuit. The difference is that the wire you would use for the second "channel" is still the original passenger's door unlock circuit. So, pressing unlock on either inside door switch provides the same pulse as pressing twice on the remote. That means that you might press the unlock button while driving and have both windows go down unexpectedly.
(Interesting, the door unlock function wasnt mentioned in the writeup)

I was going to use the factory module, and from what i read it said that the wire that you cut could be used to connect a seperate module to for an additional feature which is where I got the idea for setting up the roll down feature. in a "poormans" mod, using as much of the factory equipment as possible to lower expense and give the feel of factory equipted

.... I really dont need the additional alarm just thought the function of express windows would be cool
Old 07-27-2006, 01:07 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

The DEI 530T module doesn't require an alarm system and is available online for about $80 (as low as $45 on eBay). That's about the same as what you'd pay for a new factory module.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Launching!

The DEI 530T module doesn't require an alarm system and is available online for about $80 (as low as $45 on eBay). That's about the same as what you'd pay for a new factory module.
Soooooooooooooooooooo,
with the 530T module, I could accomplish my goals............ what if any downsides would there be, would the module come with wireing instructions or would i need to peice the 2 mods together with the dei530t

thanks in advance.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:31 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

The only downside to installing a 530T (other than the work involved in wiring it) is the door switch problem I mentioned earlier. It comes with instructions although you may have to do some searching here to find exactly which wires to connect. For example, the 530T instructions will say something like "connect the purple polka dot wire to the driver's window up signal wire". You would have to know that the dark blue wire in the door is the driver's window up signal wire.

The 530T has a wire (I don't remember the color) that will accept a 12V+ pulse and trigger both windows to lower. All you have to do is connect that wire to the stub of the wire leftover when you do the progressive door lock mod. Then when you press unlock on the remote twice, both windows will go down.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

yeah you should do his and do a write up. If i had the money for that 530t id do it. That and I can't find teh f***ing plug to do the progressive door lock mod.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:04 AM
Launching!

http://www.topdowntech.com/products.html
I found this link for c5 and c6 wonder if there is a way to make it work for us.
Completely cool item.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:25 AM
On The Tree

thats pretty cool
Old 07-28-2006, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like a great idea. Keep us updated.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:40 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

I doubt it can be made to work in an f-body. It requires the Driver's Information Center in the Vette for its programming.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:49 AM
Launching!

I doubt it can be made to work in an f-body. It requires the Driver's Information Center in the Vette for its programming.
Kill joy,
guess i just have to sell the TA and get a Vette

So.....530T you say

Is there anyway around the door lock switches, not to cut up the car more than i had to could the unlock part of the switch be disabled by a simple inline switch.

Also will the unlock button on both doors if pressed at anytime roll the windows down or only while running.