Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anyone with Autotrix passenger pwr window mod

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 01:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!
I will head down to the local store and grab a Dorman motor and see what she does, I hope it works!
Old 04-19-2010, 02:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kagato
Thanks!
I will head down to the local store and grab a Dorman motor and see what she does, I hope it works!
You can get them on Ebay for $29.99 with free shipping if you look. I replaced my passenger side, and then my driver side went out, so I just ordered another from the same guy on Ebay. Should be here Tuesday or so. Can't beat the price. There Dorman as well if I remember right.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was thinking about getting the kit for my Camaros, how is the install?
Old 06-10-2010, 12:15 AM
Launching!

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I bought a kit for each door a few months ago and finally installed hem about a week ago. What a difference!!! Easy install and the windows move significantly faster. I had previously done the !wire mod so had a little more work routing the power wires back through the wheel well rather than through the engine bay.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

I installed the AutoTrix passenger window fix recently. Initially, when I put the passenger window down it was the moving at the same speed as before. After a few cycles of putting it up and down, it started to get faster, very weird. Now it operates at the advertised speed, it's actually faster than the driver side window now.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did a write up a while back, and someone on here made a better version with pictures and detailed instructions. Although my write up was how to make the same kit yourself, the wiring is exactly the same. Search for it, it should help you out some.

The key though is in the relays, if you use crappy relays they will still click but not give the needed current.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just finished installing the Autotrix passenger window switch fix kit and it works as advertised. Before the kit, the passenger window barely went up. Now the passenger's side window is now actually faster than the driver's side window (at least it seems like it's faster). I was going to do the Express Down mod but it's so fast now that I really don't feel the need.

The kit is fairly easy to install and under the hood it's nice and neat, especially for us LT1 guys. Inside the door, it all fits but it's tight for the wires, relays and crimp connectors. The instructions are pretty straight forward but I used a regular coat hanger rather than the wrench to fish the wires through the door and kick panel. I wish the relays were a little smaller and better connectors would be good - I ended up soldering some of the wires when a couple came a loose. In fact I'll probably take it apart, shorten up some of the wires and solder them instead of using the connectors. Overall, well worth the $35.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Same, I had the similar results. Window could barely make it to the top. Now it flies to the top faster than the driver that has a much newer motor in it.

The relays and connectors all fit, tight, but fit fine. Don't use all the wire on the connectors, I cut mine shorter to help it fit better. Once I did that, it fit no problem.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Location: Fairfax County, VA (You know you're here when you see the bad roads)

FYI for anyone doing this install on a 2002 Camaro the instructions included with the kit are incorrect! When splicing in to the switch panel on the passangers side you want to use Pins D and C that go to the power window motor, NOT pin E as specified in the auto trix instructions. Just an FYI.
see attached wiring diagram:
Attached Thumbnails Anyone with Autotrix passenger pwr window mod-power-window-switches.gif  

Quick Reply: Anyone with Autotrix passenger pwr window mod