General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Do you guys ever get so worried about leaving your car while parked?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 12:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do you guys ever get so worried about leaving your car while parked?

I think I am starting to get into a bad mindset about driving my car. Prior to today, I haven't drivin my car since mid April. And since then I started driving my new Hyundai Accent. I strictly got it for fuel economy. Man its like night and day driving both of them. I almost forgot the ease of acceleration when pulling into traffic with the camaro. No sooner i am making a right hand turn onto the highway, people that just would have passed me by at 60 mph, I catch up to them and pass them in no time at all. I am straying away here though. But the thing is, when i took my car out for a ride today and parked it in a parking lot, I almost didn't feel safe leaving it parked. And these are even good areas I parked in. But I am worried about some one walking by messing with the car. I have a unique enough looking paint job to stand out from the typical car or f-body. I am just getting more and more worried about taking it anywhere unless i am in the drivers seat at all times. I don't know why I am even feeling like this. Anyone have this happen to them?
Old 06-07-2007, 12:25 AM
TECH Veteran

yep especially with birds around.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Man I am the exact same way, my car is sunset orange metallic so it stands out also, anytime I go to the mall or park my car pretty much anywhere I get so paranoid that someone is gonna mess with my car or just **** it up b/c they are jealous when other ppl have nice things.....I feel your pain, its almost like I dont want to drive my car for the fear of other ppl messing it up.....
Old 06-07-2007, 12:45 AM
TECH Addict

I park out in the last spots like a mile away from the store and I won't park next to anybody. People are stupid and you just can't have nice things in todays world.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

I don't know why I am even feeling like this. Anyone have this happen to them?
You are not alone. Just remember when in a parking lot, grandma always parks up front. And she's careless with the door. So find a nice car in the back of the lot and park next to it. At least one side won't get a door ding.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:32 AM
On The Tree

High school parking lot tore my doors up...
Old 06-07-2007, 03:44 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I'VE HAD MY T/A LESS THAN 3 WEEKS AND IT'S ALREADY BEEN KEYED. My other cars have Lo-jack, and I've always believed that was a waste of money, but now I'm thinking that the basic Lo-jack, or maybe even their "Early Warning" paging system might be in order. $1K is nothing compared to the peace of mind I might have. Oh, and I would just loooooove to catch someone f-ing with the car...
Old 06-07-2007, 04:53 AM
TECH Addict

myk, I have to ask......what is the deal with your sig pic? LOL
Old 06-07-2007, 06:03 AM
NKAWTG...N

I park pretty far back, but I never take up more than one spot. I think you park taking up two or more spots your asking for trouble. I just park away from shitty cars. If I see another nice car, I wont park in the space next to it, but one space inbetween us.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:07 AM
TECH Regular

I hate leaving my car unattended outside, especially overnight. Don't know why, but it will never set easy with me
Old 06-07-2007, 06:29 AM
TECH Resident

i know what your feeling i had my car 18 months and only put 375 miles on her, the driveway is my safe haven,and i;m afraid to meet up with the lone idiot on the road !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2007, 07:06 AM
Teching In

I work at a bar and have to deal with parking my car outside there until a couple hours after close. Between drunk idiots that might smash it or the several vandalism occurances we've had, its kind of unsettling. Within the first 2 weeks of owning my car I was hit in the rear bumper, not terrible but enough to cause some scuffing and light scratches. It was either at work or at Denny's after work and it definitely bothered me that someone would do that and just drive off like nothing.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

took me a couple of months, but I got over it!
Old 06-07-2007, 10:06 AM
TECH Resident

You know you drive an F-body when...

Same way for me. When going into a business I always park out in BFE. I don't have a garage to park in at my house, but I park right by the front porch and leave the porch light on at all times.

I have a pretty good setup at work. The front of my studio is nothing but huge panes of glass so I can see the entire parking lot easily. I park my car right in front and can keep an eye on it at all times. Believe me, I watch it like a hawk!
Old 06-07-2007, 10:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

same here, i get un easy leaving it so when i do park it i try to find an other lsx car or someething nice to park next to
Old 06-07-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I completely know your feeling. I probably am so **** about my cars because of the fact that I have had really bad experiences in the past. TWO of my past cars had been keyed, one had paint poured all over it, and someone put sugar into the gas tank of my denali. I completely believe in karma and can't seem to figure out why people vandalized my rides.Till this day, I still don't know who did it or why but know that it will get back to them...
Old 06-07-2007, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I came out of a movie theater after seeing Spiderman 3 and some dude was SITTING on my driver side fender acting like it was his and about lost my mind on him. Can't repeat most of the words that came out of my mouth on here, but I leave that to everyone's disgression. Last words out of my mouth were "I will F***ING kill you if you do it again MFer. No scratches or anything though. Yes I know what your talking about.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:15 AM
Staging Lane

I really didn't think I could get any worse than how I was with the Z28. From kicking peoples doors to threatening people who have stratched or dinged it. Now with the new C6 I can't even relax if I am out and it is parked. I'm a nervous wreck. Glad I'm not the only crazy.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

i'm that way with my firehawk vert, thats why i drive an old 300zx for daily driving
Old 06-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Launching!

My friend thinks it's funny because whenever I'm at my new appartment I'm always at a window or near one and I look out every couple minutes. I'm sure I'll settle down if nobody screws with it anytime soon. If they do then I guess I'll have to look into a DD and parking it at my folks.