Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C Wiring Question On Wait4Me Harness?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 10:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question A/C Wiring Question On Wait4Me Harness?

E-Mailed Wait4Me & got no response.They modified my F-Body harness and provided three wires for the A/C. A green wire, labeled "A/C Clutch Status", a grey wire, labeled "A/C Clutch-Relay Control" & a green w/white wire, labeled "A/C Request". Oh...there's one more...coming off the passenger side injection rail harness area. It's a two-plug connector(with separate green & black wires) that is labeled just "A/C"(???) Wiring is not my best suit...anyone have A/C wiring knowledge? Thank-you, Gar (P.S...I have a single wire Sanden 508 compressor in a 1996 GM truck)
Old 10-31-2006, 12:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think that two plug one is the A/C compressor connector..
Old 11-01-2006, 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps/589014-id-connector.html

I also have a W4M Harness. I have most of my wires laid out and grouped, ready for install. I might be able to answer other questions as well.

W4M's customer service is kind of a joke, you get little to no response before or after purchase, but the price is cheaper than you'll find anywhere else. (I hear the lack of response is due to him being overloaded with work).
Old 11-01-2006, 01:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If yu search on here...i made a thread about a retrofit harness wiring. It has the wiring you need. The 2 plug A/C is the pressure switch (switch has to be put in your A/C system, high side believe)....the other 3 wires are easy..just follow the schematic i made...heres the link

https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...chmentid=75465

Hope this helps....you will see the 2 wires going to the relay and the request wire in the C230 plug i think.

J-
Old 11-01-2006, 01:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

link didn't work ?
Old 11-01-2006, 01:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Worked fine for me. You need Adobe Acrobat/Viewer to be installed. Try right-clicking the link and choosing "Save Target As". You must be logged into the forum while doing this.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

shifty,

Thanks for the link. Found it in the "search" feature & it is exactly what I needed.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:41 PM
TECH Resident

Question Wait4Me Modified 2001 F-Body Harness A/C Wires?

As I mentioned, I have a dual-plug(two-prong) connector with a green wire & a black wire going into it, labeled "A/C". Could it still be for a pressure sensor? (It's not a three-prong, as was mentioned in that thread.) I have a single wire, Sanden 508 compressor. Does the grey wire, labeled "A/C Clutch-Relay Control", go to a relay first & then back to this single wire on the compressor to activate the clutch??? Thanks, Gar

Last edited by LS1GMCTruck; 11-02-2006 at 06:47 PM.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What year car is your harness from? This is one potentially crucial piece of info that would be helpful. I noticed the 98-00 seem to have different wire colors than the 01-02 in my Haynes manual
Old 11-03-2006, 07:59 AM
TECH Resident

Question Wait4Me Modified 2001 F-Body Harness A/C Wires?

2001 F-Body Harness...
Old 11-03-2006, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the same year. I will check mine out when I get home. The only 2-wire plug I know of that I have would be for the compressor, which T's off near the front of the passenger fuel rail, then has a 12"-16" run down to the A/C compressor. I assume yours is the A/C compressor wiring, but I can tell you exactly what color mine is when I get a chance to look
Old 11-03-2006, 11:49 AM
TECH Resident

Default Thanks...

Thanks shifty, that would be great. Gar
Old 11-04-2006, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Gar, I really apologize, I dropped the ball on this one.

Here's a pic of the A/C compressor connector. This is two wires, one dark grey/brown/black-ish in color, the other is green. Also shown is a pic of the connector. I can't tell you what if the lines are hot or not, or what voltage is running through the lines, but I bet someone else here can.

As for now, mine is just staying tied up. In the pic, you can sorta see my heater bypass below it (bottom left), along with emissions provision blockoff, just in case you need an idea of where this guy is located - you can even see the long strand of loom that holds the wire. The loom tees off the main harness near the front of the passenger side valve cover and runs down to a wire clip on the block (or something bolted to the block) then down to the compressor.

If I can help get any more info to you, let me know. I'm heading down to the garage to work on my truck for a bit, but I can check back in later.
Attached Thumbnails A/C Wiring Question On Wait4Me Harness?-ac-compr.jpg  
Old 11-04-2006, 11:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

In general, GM Wire colors would indicate that the Green is the hot and the Black would be the ground.
Basically the two wire will complete a circuit that will engage the Compressor clutch. Voltage would be 12+v (green) and the terminal would be on the bottom of the LS1 connector/compressor. The LS1 uses the PCM, High pressure switch and the A/C controls to activated the clutch.
I have not intregrated it on my swap yet. My plan is to use the 71 Chevelle wiring and method of running the A/C and will not use the PCM to control the A/C. I will connect the wire from the Chevelle A/C Green to the LS1 connector and then ground the other.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:30 PM
TECH Resident

Question F-Body A/C Two Wire Plug

shifty...That's it! That's the two-wire plug in question that I have... I have that one AND the three other A/C wires I mentioned above. Now I'm wondering what to do with this thing, since I have a Sanden compressor that has just ONE clutch activation wire on it? I take it, that the Sanden wire needs to be a positive wire, to engage the clutch? Does this positive come from my A/C relay that is activated by the "grey" wire, labeled "A/C Clutch-Relay Control"? Thanks, Gar
Old 11-05-2006, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The 2-wire controls the a/c clutch/compressor and engages it when triggered.

The 3-wire typically mounts to a pressure sensor on the A/C line. The sensor reads both pressure and feeds this info to the PCM. If it is too high or too low the compressor will not be requested to turn on. (per another member).

The A/C Request signal ... tells the PCM that the Compressor clutch should engage.

Here is a copy of a wiring diagram for help: https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...chmentid=66057

Maybe this thread will be of help? https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=a%2Fc+request

Forum member "Brains" usually chips in on the A/C questions. He seems to be pretty knowledgeable about that stuff. (And everything else )
Old 11-06-2006, 07:44 AM
TECH Resident

Default A/C Wiring...

Thanks for the info & the links shifty. Guess I just need to cut off the two-prong plug & just butt connect only the geen wire from it, to the single Sanden wire & not use the other black wire from the plug at all, just tape it up. All three of the other wires(grey, green w/white, green) go to a 3-prong sensor(part #22664328, from a '98 Camaro) switch that I need to buy & install on my accumulator. Can you tell I'm not A/C savy? Thanks again, Gar
Old 11-06-2006, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If nothing else, it would be cool if you could come back and bump this thread later I am interested in what you manage to work out. Curious to see how it all goes.

Quick Reply: A/C Wiring Question On Wait4Me Harness?