General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Pulled over 2 times in 4 days, BY THE SAME COP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 10:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Pulled over 2 times in 4 days, BY THE SAME COP!

I just wanted to share my story.....

Last Thursday, I was driving home, and there is a steep hill right before my house, as i go down said hill, I speed up a tad...just a tad. well, i get to the bottom and start back up the next hill, and i see headlights, so just to be safe, I slow down. Apparently not enough, however. I see that as the car passes me, it is in fact a sheriff, and he is turning around. At this point, I am about a 1/2 mile from the house, so i decide to try to make it there and pull in before he catches up. so i punch it. Well, I make it to my drive way, but its angled so that I have to almost stop to pull in, and as i turn my lights off, I see him FLYING over the hill with his blue lights blazing. He saw me. So Barney pulls into my driveway, and (abbreviated story) hands me a ticket for going 68 in a 45. Now, 2 weeks before, I got a ticket for 78 in a 55. So this is my second ticket. My car's ins is hard enough to pay for before the initial ticket, so when this sheriff hands me my second one, I was.....upset.....i grabbed my ticket, jumped out, slammed my door and went inside the house.....fast forward to this monday night. me and my uncle were eating at a mexican restaurant. We both pull out at the same time, he is in a Marauder. I have to turn off at the next light to go home, but he gets next to me and i drop it in second and hit it JUST FOR A SECOND. a few cars pass and i turn down my road. All of the sudden, I have blue lights flashing right on me. So i pull over. And who should walk up, but Barney himself!!! I was thinking, hey, long time no see! but he wasnt happy at all. He threatened to take me to jail and take my car right then and there. Although i didnt speed or do anything really illegal...He told me if he pulls me over again, he WILL take me in. My uncle called and apologized. I didnt tell the folks. Sucked. So now, I drive 5 under the speed limit.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Teching In

P.S. I'm 18....
Old 04-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Teching In

Hard lesson learned hopefully.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:33 AM
TECH Resident

wow... 68 in a 45 and 78 in a 55... you're on the fast track to no license. slow down, and don't try to run. that's a good way to turn a ~$70 speeding ticket into a felony, and that's just stupid.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Use your head man.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Launching!

No offense but 78 in a 55 isn't exactly speeding up a tad... c'mon. You gotta be careful where you do stuff like that.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:35 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Silver1969Camaro
Hard lesson learned hopefully.
...Expen$ive as well.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:40 AM
On The Tree

Hopefully you'll slow down around there. Having a little fun isn't worth losing your car or worse, your license over.

I hope your parents are the primary drivers on your car....otherwise OUCH.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:40 AM
On The Tree

I would invest in a radar detector in the near future if I were you…….if for nothing more than to confirm that you did indeed get hit with something and it’s not just his “calibrated eye” busting you. Also, that way you can see if the speed he writes on the ticket is the actual speed you were going when you got nailed with the radar/laser.

But really, if you were actually speeding both times and got caught twice in 2 weeks then that’s just bad luck……yeah it sucks, but that’s life. I would take the tickets to court and see if you get them knocked down or thrown out……..never hurts to try. I for one would never just pay a ticket and send it in guilty, always fight it….what’s the worst that will happen; you have to pay the tickets?
Old 04-06-2007, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

if i were you...i'd get a lawyer. Otherwise its heavy fines along with heavy points.
Teching In

I feel you man, trust me. I got my car in November of 05 and didn't even drive it b/c I had to go back to school. But when I got back in December, I was driving it on Christmas break and I got a ticket for "supposedly" going 90 in a 55. Which was a complete lie. A cop was behind me in a SUV so I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize he was a cop. I was following my grandpa somewhere and he lost me in traffic so I dropped it in 2nd and got over two lanes and the cop was behind me with his lights on and says I went from 50 to 90 in about 1 second. I was like dude, I know it's an LS1 car but damn, not a jet engine. Then, a week later, after many lectures and such, I got another ticket for 81 in a 65. Needless to say my grandfather and the judge were pissed. Just slow it down man and be careful where you punch it.
TECH Fanatic

When you get older you're gonna realize it's not worth it, I did the same thing at your age. We all gotta learn sometime.
BTW why are you calling the cop Barney?
Old 04-06-2007, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should invest in some not-mashing-the-gas lessons, especially within visual range of the po-lice.

You, "Doc, it hurts when I do This."
Doc, "Stop doing That."
Old 04-06-2007, 10:52 AM
On The Tree

Definately get a lawyer it will make things much easier.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Just bad luck. Sucks. "When it rains it pours," you know?

But, I mean, you were speeding as you say. That cop doesn't know that you were only up there for just a second. When I got my 81 in a 55, I didn't complain or anything. Just went right up and paid it. My bad.

Got a 90 in a 70 as part of a speed trap. People were passing me left and right, and I was only going that fast for a just a brief moment (assuming I was truly even speeding ), but I was in a fast car. They had about 25 cars pulled over, all sporty. One Dodge Viper and one Ferrari. Just got done talking to my passenger about how I thought 75 was fast enough for us and that's how fast I was going. Must have only been going 90 for just a second. But, they don't know that, and that's what speed traps are for. Ticket paid with no complaints.

For the most part, it's all just a money machine -- another form of taxes. Sucks that you're getting hit up pretty hard. Bad luck, man. Might think about stopping in a small-time lawyer's office and asking for some quick advice or something.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Teching In

Yeah, I might look into a lawyer.
yes im on my parents, but still isnt good for me...
Barney = sheriff on Andy Griffith......
YES i learned my lesson. Last night two punk Evo's were cruising next to me, I had cruise on 60 and didnt even think about it. Im sick of doing anything on the street. I think Ill just stick to the track.
Radar Detector is in the works.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:03 PM
TECH Addict

is this guy serious...SLOW DOWN,u arent racing anyone and you're SPEEDING? WHY?
Old 04-06-2007, 12:05 PM
Teching In

I wasnt going 150, man. I was just cruising the one time, and the next, I was just going down a steep hill. doesnt take much to go from 50 to ~78 in that instance. I use my cruise control ALWAYS now.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:06 PM
TECH Regular

instead of when will the Buckeyes learn>it should be when will you learn.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Teching In

Im to the point now where im not even sure if i want a WS-6. Or if i can even handle it responsibly. maybe I need to get me a Geo.....:sad:

Quick Reply: Pulled over 2 times in 4 days, BY THE SAME COP!