Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 07:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Azar
*looks around*

Well that changes things. Hahaha.

Nick,

The inverted bastard would be amazing. And we both know it. DO EEEETT!

Shocker,

Where's the fight night gonna be? Isn't Fitch the main event??
Yep Fitch has got a title fight!!!!!!

Not sure wherever everybody wants to meet up.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nick,

Do a Fox body with a 2JZ. That'd be sweet, and a clean Fox is cheap and will hook like none other... I'm in for helping on something like that...

Scott,

That sucks man, if it weren't for bad luck...
Old 08-06-2008, 09:45 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Nick,

Do a Fox body with a 2JZ. That'd be sweet, and a clean Fox is cheap and will hook like none other... I'm in for helping on something like that...
That has already been done out here in KC... the car hauls ***!
Old 08-06-2008, 09:53 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
That has already been done out here in KC... the car hauls ***!
Yeah, a bunch of fox body people hate it but everyone on SupraForums loves it. The thing is amazing.

I'm down to help too! Ask Blake, I'm the best person to have around during a big build like that. I keep morale up like no other.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GMMillwright
The fronts are starting to get some cracks at the cross-drilled holes. I'm going to switch to plain rotors. Probably Brembos.
Have you thought about using the powerslot rotors? i have heard great things about them.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:41 AM
10 Second Club

I've looked into all the options. The best stopping is performance is achieved with good pads (HPS) and a high quality plain rotor.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:55 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
Yep Fitch has got a title fight!!!!!!

Not sure wherever everybody wants to meet up.
I think me and a couple of buddies are going to B dubbs on maysville/37 to watch the fights.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:48 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've looked into all the options. The best stopping is performance is achieved with good pads (HPS) and a high quality plain rotor.
Isn't that what I had on it when you bought it???? Those drilled rotors look neat BUT THEY ALL CRACK. At least your keeping miles off the car this way! You will never have to worry about the rear end now!

Anyone got pics or more info on Dean's car? Glad he wasnt hurt, and sounds like the car wasn't TOO bad off...

Anyone know where I can find this Bandit guy at? He owes me $562 for some stickers and a PVC bender for custom roll cage installations!
Old 08-06-2008, 02:56 PM
TECH Addict

The fronts are starting to get some cracks at the cross-drilled holes. I'm going to switch to plain rotors. Probably Brembos.
I've got the bling bling crossed drilled and slotted rotors on my Z28, and will say honestly that they are more show than for stop. I good thick set of rotors are the way to go. Slotted if anything would be the next step. I had my new set of cross drilled rotors cryogenically frozen to increase their life before they crack.

I have the Hawk HP Plus pads on my car now, and they are the best. However they chirp everywhere in town, and don't stop great unless you are really moving fast. If I were to do it again, I would have gone with the next step down pads (Hawk HPS).

That sucks about your water heater. Hopefully that was they only thing that went bad and it didn't ruin anything else in your basement.

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Nick,

NO ONE GETS A 2JZ UNTIL I HAVE ONE!!!!!!

Those engines are retarded. Throw a **** load of boost at them on pump gas, and they just smile for more

Be really original if your going to do it though. Put it in an F-body. I have never heard of anyone doing that, and it would be a real killer.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:36 PM
11 Second Club

thats what I feel like after mowing the lawn......just thought I would share that with everyone.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SS1875
thats what I feel like after mowing the lawn......just thought I would share that with everyone.
My wife can't stand doing it either. Personally, I enjoy doing it (before you ask, the answer is "no" I won't drive over to mow yours for you.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:04 PM
TECH Addict

Well, theres another toy I want (besides the Supra). Its a plane. This is an ultralight that I could take off and land out of my back yard, and it only drinks 2 gallons of 87 octane an hour! Now I am trying to figure out which I should save up for first, the Supra? Or the plane? With not flying since I got my private pilots license in February, I am leaning towards the plane.

Here's a pic of it;

Old 08-06-2008, 04:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

No one has ever put a 2jz into a 98-02 camaro (i've looked high and low and the only 2jz into any camaro i can find is in a 67 rs camaro), so that is by far the number 1 choice on my list right now... Shell, complete 2jz swap w/ 6 speed getrag, 9'' rear, fmic, boost controller, suspension, and AEM EMS (just the big things off top of my head) should empty out the bank account enough for now So blake and azar, consider yourselves on stand by

Oh, and thanks a ton Kyle i don't understand why he couldn't have the loan deposited to his checking account oh well lol

Last edited by The Beast; 08-06-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by The Beast
No one has ever put a 2jz into a 98-02 camaro (i've looked high and low and the only 2jz into any camaro i can find is in a 67 rs camaro), so that is by far the number 1 choice on my list right now... Shell, complete 2jz swap w/ 6 speed getrag, build the head, cams, clutch, 9'' rear, fmic, boost controller, suspension, and AEM EMS (just the big things off top of my head) should empty out the bank account enough for now So blake and azar, consider yourselves on stand by

Oh, and thanks a ton Kyle
I probably won't be much help putting it in, but I better get a ride in it!!! FWIW, I have been piecing together on paper the ultamite Supra setup as far as engine and Turbo goes if you need any ideas or suggestions.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

That'd be awesome. I'm guessin it'll be a year or so before i'd have money to do much with the motor or turbo though... What do you think is the best tuning software/ ecu
Old 08-06-2008, 05:16 PM
TECH Addict

That'd be awesome. I'm guessin it'll be a year or so before i'd have money to do much with the motor or turbo though... What do you think is the best tuning software/ ecu
You'll have a lot of choices when it comes to that. My opinion would be to have a pro tune it unless you are very familiar with tuning them. It also will depend on how tame/extreme you want it to be. My goal was to have about 850 RWHP all on pump gas (with meth injection).
Old 08-06-2008, 05:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh i'll most def have it professionally dyno tuned, i just didn't know what your thoughts on aem ems were, or what you personally would use to have it tuned
Old 08-06-2008, 05:56 PM
TECH Addict

Oh i'll most def have it professionally dyno tuned, i just didn't know what your thoughts on aem ems were, or what you personally would use to have it tuned
Like I said there are a lot of choices for different management systems out there. I like several and am not swayed one way specifically. Turbo's on the other hand, or the setup of the 2JZ there is a plethera of different ways you can go depending on what you want. Thats when the choices become difficult. Sound Performance in Chicago just created a twin turbo setup last fall that is amazing (big boost and power with virtually no lag). Its a bit setup, but what I would like.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Teching In

don't get me wrong, the 2jz is an amazing motor, but its so overplayed in the import world as being the motor of all motors. i'd go w/ one of the skyline motor for a few reasons.

1) i've never seen a 2jz-gte w/ the 6speed for under 6K from a reputable source

2) the sr20 motors, which are considered nissan of japan's entry level motor have hit 600 horse+ on the stock block and its a 4 cylinder

3) novelty factor which could be said for the 2jz as well, but someone already has one in a fox body, they put them in s2000's, they put that little monster into just about everything so its only a matter of time before it hits the f-bodies too

4) the rb26 is just at potent if not more so than the 2jz and also has a little brother the rb25 that could be picked up cheaper
Old 08-06-2008, 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CALL911
My wife can't stand doing it either. Personally, I enjoy doing it (before you ask, the answer is "no" I won't drive over to mow yours for you.

Actually I don't have a problem doing it.....I was mowing the neighbor's yard...I did it on an empty stomach which wasn't a good combo with the heat. It made me ill.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!