Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

boxed sfc's make a huge difference?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 03:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boxed sfc's make a huge difference?

i am getting sfc's boxed style from eric and midwest chassis and wanted to know if anyone that installed sfc's on their car made a huge difference and with what handeling or launching at the strip?
Old 10-06-2008, 07:55 AM
On The Tree

I did my suspension mods all at once so I can't say how much the sfc's contributed, but the difference was very noticable. Body flex is completely gone. Judging from your #'s, your gonna feel a big difference.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:04 AM
TECH Regular

that sounds great i plan on getting a chomoly adjustable panhard bar also should help out alot with launching with the new 9" at the track
Old 10-06-2008, 08:48 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Whether the SFC's are boxed or tubular it won't make a difference as long as the items are constructed and designed correctly.

Please keep us in mind as well, we offer a variety of options starting at $155 a set, powder coated red or black and with 100% bolt in options.

http://www.umiperformance.com/produc...ategory_id=129

If you have any questions please ask. Thank you!
Ryan
Old 10-06-2008, 08:49 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They are deff worth doing. Let me know if you need help with the install.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:18 AM
TECH Junkie

My favorite thing about mine is using them as a jack point and lifting the whole entire side of the car up.

For drag racing, they would be a good insurance policy. Cars that hook and make big power I guess can twist and I don't think that makes it any easier going straight. Whether you make enough power and traction to do that or if you will do it in the future is maybe a question you'd want to ask yourself. Either way it can't hurt, unless you want to autox in fstock or STU. Some people report more noise transmitting through, other's dont.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Hello,

Whether the SFC's are boxed or tubular it won't make a difference as long as the items are constructed and designed correctly.

Please keep us in mind as well, we offer a variety of options starting at $155 a set, powder coated red or black and with 100% bolt in options.

http://www.umiperformance.com/produc...ategory_id=129

If you have any questions please ask. Thank you!
Ryan
i have Ryan's(UMI) three point. and hell i could feel a difference. they are great. thatnks for the good stuff ryan
Old 10-06-2008, 10:31 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
i have Ryan's(UMI) three point. and hell i could feel a difference. they are great. thatnks for the good stuff ryan
I didn't even know you had them.. thanks for the kind words and I am glad you like them
Old 10-06-2008, 10:38 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Sub frame connectors no matter if they are boxed or tubular are always a good choice no matter what kind of driving you do. We feel that the boxed version are a stronger product than the tubular because of the torsional twisting that can occur with the tubular connectors. All of our connectors are of the weld in version.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Last edited by BMR Tech2; 12-09-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BMR Sales
Sub frame connectors no matter if they are boxed or tubular are always a good choice no matter what kind of driving you do. We feel that the boxed version are a stronger product than the tubular because of the torsional twisting that can occur with the tubular connectors. Al of our conmnectors are of the weld in version.
I agree. I used BMR boxed on all cars i put them on.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
I didn't even know you had them.. thanks for the kind words and I am glad you like them
yep and bad ***. makes it fell like solid car. not a car with two polls on the out side(since i have three pint)
Old 10-06-2008, 05:07 PM
TECH Regular

i heard 3 pt can interfer with exhaust and possibly my torque arm. the main reason i am putting them in is because i am putting in my 9" and i figured why not just do it all at the same time... i was thinking about a chromoly panhard bar too
Old 10-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SLP Firehawk
i heard 3 pt can interfer with exhaust and possibly my torque arm. the main reason i am putting them in is because i am putting in my 9" and i figured why not just do it all at the same time... i was thinking about a chromoly panhard bar too
mine stop befor they get into the tunnel. no messing with my exhust or torgue arm. does beeter with tunnel mount torque arm
Old 10-07-2008, 08:27 AM
FormerVendor

The 3-Point SFC's will not interfere with your exhaust or the torque arm. Unless you have an aftermarket torque arm that welds into the SFC's you will be just fine.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 10-07-2008, 09:10 AM
TECH Regular

are the 3 point alot stronger? because i was told the boxed 2 pt are pretty good 2
Old 10-07-2008, 09:15 AM
FormerVendor

are the 3 point alot stronger? because i was told the boxed 2 pt are pretty good 2
The 2-Point style SFC's will work very well for every application. We recommend the 3-Point SFC's when the vehicle is being aggressively raced or when running a short style tunnel mounted torque arm.

Both the 2-Point tubular or boxed will work great for every application.

If I can help anymore please ask. Thank you!
Ryan
Old 10-07-2008, 11:03 AM
On The Tree

I'm also thinking about adding a set of these, but not sure which way to go. Here's my situation...01 Z28 with 33k mi. Bone stock suspension except for upgraded LCA bushings from the waffle type to the solid 1LE type, which helped.

I just want to improve the ride and handling without re-doing the whole suspension. The car is not raced it's just my weekend cruiser. Should I go with 2 pt or 3 pt? Also I want to use bolt-in type SFC. Thanks for your feedback.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:56 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Alex212
Should I go with 2 pt or 3 pt? Also I want to use bolt-in type SFC. Thanks for your feedback.
I would recommend the 2-Point bolt in set-up for your application... they are 100% bolt in which means no holes to drill and no cutting and they can be removed at any time and no one would ever know they were ever there. For handling the SFC's might not make a noticeable difference but they add protection to the chassis.

Here are the SFC's I would recommend- www.umiperformance.com/2002

If I can help anymore please ask. Thank you!
Ryan
Old 10-07-2008, 01:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Big difference, no. Noticeable, yes. Shocks alone (such as Konis from UMI or Strano) are what you need first. My humble Bilsteins made as much improvement as the rest of my chassis/sups. mods COMBINED. I wouldn't buy the hard chassis parts from anyone except UMI and suspension from anyone but Sam.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Either way it can't hurt, unless you want to autox in fstock or STU.
So subframe connectors hurt you when it comes to autox/roadracing (racing on an actual race track)? I thought that SFCs stiffening the chassis would improve handling as well???... Am i missing something here?

Quick Reply: boxed sfc's make a huge difference?