Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old 05-20-2016, 02:10 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

HOW TO: Sequential Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 01:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know about you guys but I was kinda thinking about getting some LED tail lights and using a new Mustang sequencer.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would a 2001 camaro use the STS-1 ( 3lamp) or the STS-2 (2 lamp)???
Old 02-14-2010, 02:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I posted this to youtube in 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIbEunZU0kI
Old 02-15-2010, 11:43 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 01Blk*SS*
would a 2001 camaro use the STS-1 ( 3lamp) or the STS-2 (2 lamp)???
I believe that you would use the 3-lamp STS-1. By looking at this video it looks like the guy has three bulbs on each side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAswvFGmQNQ

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
I posted this to youtube in 2008
Did you change your outside bulbs to dual filament or did you leave them single? If you left them single get a video with the lights on, I'm debating whether I want to keep the outside bulbs single or go with duals.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=xXxSilveradoxXx;12896985]I believe that you would use the 3-lamp STS-1. By looking at this video it looks like the guy has three bulbs on each side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAswvFGmQNQ

thats a pre 98 SS camaro, different tail lights.... correct me if i am wrong but the 98-02 camaro tail lights have two red bulbs and a yellow....???
Old 02-17-2010, 02:56 PM
TECH Addict

thats a pre 98 SS camaro, different tail lights.... correct me if i am wrong but the 98-02 camaro tail lights have two red bulbs and a yellow....???
Yeah, the 1998+ Camaros have two reds and a yellow. Do you want just the red lights to sequence and have the yellows nonoperational or do you want to incorporate the yellows with the reds?
Old 02-18-2010, 01:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx
Yeah, the 1998+ Camaros have two reds and a yellow. Do you want just the red lights to sequence and have the yellows nonoperational or do you want to incorporate the yellows with the reds?
i dont want to spray my lights with any color, so I would just want the yellow to not flash and the two reds to flash.....
Old 02-18-2010, 05:37 PM
12 Second Club

i think im totally gonna do this in the spring. im gonna get the LT1 lamps and just roll it that way. should only take an hour or so to do. does anybody have any links to photos that show what needs to be modified to put LT lights in an LS1 style rear end?
Old 02-18-2010, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

i dont want to spray my lights with any color, so I would just want the yellow to not flash and the two reds to flash.....
Then the two bulb sequencer is what you want.

Originally Posted by 99_Z_155
i think im totally gonna do this in the spring. im gonna get the LT1 lamps and just roll it that way. should only take an hour or so to do. does anybody have any links to photos that show what needs to be modified to put LT lights in an LS1 style rear end?
LT1 lamps are badass, especially with sequencing tail lights. Do a search, there are quite a few threads on the topic.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Launching!

Great post
Old 05-07-2010, 01:47 AM
On The Tree

I know this thread is old as *****, but I still think it's worth saying: the wiring in the OP was pretty bad. You should always use a grommet when running wires through a metal panel, and that ground looked really sketchy.

Sure it's a factory ground point, but you should still sand down the contact point to bare metal. Also, the ring terminals for the ground wires weren't big enough to allow the screw to actually go through them so they were just sort of held down with the bolt head.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Danny2tek
Has anybody ordered this product? I am about to pull the trigger but I hate giving out my CCN to websites like this...it would be nice to know other ppl have has successful business with them...
Old 05-10-2010, 09:12 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99FBirdForm
Has anybody ordered this product? I am about to pull the trigger but I hate giving out my CCN to websites like this...it would be nice to know other ppl have has successful business with them...
YES, i did a couple weeks ago, and Lawrence was good to deal with. shipping was done very quickly, and module do work. if you want to call him in person, he usually picks up the phone on the week days as far as i can tell. if you have a 98 and up camaro, these will require more work than you think though, and you will need older tail housings if you want a three light burst.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:24 AM

YES, i did a couple weeks ago, and Lawrence was good to deal with. shipping was done very quickly, and module do work. if you want to call him in person, he usually picks up the phone on the week days as far as i can tell. if you have a 98 and up camaro, these will require more work than you think though, and you will need older tail housings if you want a three light burst.
Sounds good
I actually have a 99 Firebird. I'm going to try to modify my taillights for the third bulb...we will see how well that works
Old 05-11-2010, 02:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99FBirdForm
Sounds good
I actually have a 99 Firebird. I'm going to try to modify my taillights for the third bulb...we will see how well that works
Are you talking about converting the outside bulbs to a 3157? If so, I'm looking into doing that too. BRDPREY did that and it looks amazing. I'm thinking about getting a 3157 socket and then having it plastic welded in place of the wedge bulb socket.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:34 PM
12 Second Club

Are you talking about converting the outside bulbs to a 3157? If so, I'm looking into doing that too. BRDPREY did that and it looks amazing. I'm thinking about getting a 3157 socket and then having it plastic welded in place of the wedge bulb socket.
dont plastic weld anything. make a template of the other holes in the housing for the 3157 sockets. overlay it in the best position over the small hole. take a dremel and cut to the template. done.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:11 PM

Exclamation

This is The way I plan on doing it...
Originally Posted by Web Electric Products
To modify the socket hole, it is easiest if you make yourself a template. I found the easiest way to do this was to stick a piece of paper over one of the other 3 wire socket holes. There is a plastic tab that sticks up which works pretty good to hold the paper Ok... now this is a bit strange, but my hands were a bit dirty from working on the car, so, instead of using a pen to outline the socket's hole, I just rubbed my fingers around the socket hole! The dirt transferred from my fingers onto the paper and was darker at the edges of socket hole and thus made me a perfect template. LOL! Ok, let us assume your hands aren't dirty enough to do this... you can hold the tail light up to the sun and trace around the hole with a pen However you make your template outline, when you are done, cut it out. :-)
Tape your template over the existing hole and trace around it with a permanent marker. You can see, if you look hard, the outline of my template in this picture. It is important that you keep in mind the orientation of your socket when you tape your template to trace it! If you don't do this correctly you'll end up with the socket maybe not fitting because the "long" part will run into the vertical plastic portion which is sticking up!

Here are the links that that quote comes from. It also has pictures to go along with it
For Firebird
http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/fbody/sequentialTA.htm
For Camaro
http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/fbody/sequential.htm
Old 05-11-2010, 10:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hmm I wasn't able to watch any of thevideo's that you posted. Nice write up tho
Old 05-11-2010, 10:30 PM
TECH Addict

dont plastic weld anything. make a template of the other holes in the housing for the 3157 sockets. overlay it in the best position over the small hole. take a dremel and cut to the template. done.
That sounds better/easier, especially with the write-up. Plus, if I foul it up or don't like it I can always plastic weld then.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:10 PM
12 Second Club

That sounds better/easier, especially with the write-up. Plus, if I foul it up or don't like it I can always plastic weld then.
it might be easier on a trans am, i had to do a bunch of **** extra on my camaro to get em to work. i think the TA has a combo lamp setup though which makes it waaaaay easier.

Quick Reply: HOW TO: Sequential Tail Lights