Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

I need WS6 Hood Grilles ASAP...HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 08:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default I need WS6 Hood Grilles ASAP...HELP!

I know there have been a couple posts about where to get FACTORY STYLE WS6 hood grilles recently BUT Hawks and I am betting GM parts direct doesnt have any in stock (GM parts direct just jerk you around for a month without telling you anything) and I need a set ASAP! My orange car is going into Summitt Racing to be on display for a month starting Thursday and with a few shows on the schedual (including G13!) so I have to show my silver car...and I just put a WS6 hood on it and I dont have any grilles for it! I HAVE TO find some by next weekend for the Ban One show...any ideas of who would have some or if anybody wants to sell theirs and buy some stainless ones let me know!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 10:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Robbie, call VFN (sponsor) and talk to Jeanie or Armando (husband and wife) and see if they can sell you jsut the grills.

VFN is 3 miles from my house. Maybe i can get them for you and ship them out if need be?

Just a though
Old 04-22-2009, 11:06 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks...I will call in the morning. I will let you know if I need your help with them, but maybe they have some and will ship!
Old 04-22-2009, 11:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not to take away from your post but if you find info about the the ws6 inserts, maybe listen for the SS insert too because i can't find any for a fair price. gl finding it in time, you're cars are freakin' sweet!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 03:22 AM
TECH Addict

If all else fails, you can buy the polished ones off of ws6store.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
Thanks...I will call in the morning. I will let you know if I need your help with them, but maybe they have some and will ship!
Good luck and let me know...
Old 04-23-2009, 11:52 AM
FormerVendor

Unfortunately what has happened with these inserts is that GM has discontinued them - part of consolidation for their bailout.
So we are no longer able to get them as well - the dealers do not have them either.
What we had to do is make some from stainless steel that we will now be adding to our hoods...they are nice looking and would require some finish - clear coat or paint.
If you're interested in a set of these, please pm me or give me a call and I can check on pricing.
Thanks.
Jeanie
Old 04-23-2009, 11:57 AM
Staging Lane

When I picked up my ws9 hood about 3 weeks ago from VFN the guy gave me the grilles and said it was his last set he had and that gm has stopped making them...so I better not break them.

edit: I feel stupid for not reading my above post before I posted

Last edited by bigbird01; 04-23-2009 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Didnt read full posting
Old 04-23-2009, 12:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by vfntech
Unfortunately what has happened with these inserts is that GM has discontinued them - part of consolidation for their bailout.
So we are no longer able to get them as well - the dealers do not have them either.
What we had to do is make some from stainless steel that we will now be adding to our hoods...they are nice looking and would require some finish - clear coat or paint.
If you're interested in a set of these, please pm me or give me a call and I can check on pricing.
Thanks.
Jeanie
I need pics ASAP! Are these fully sized to fit in all your hoods as a direct replacement? or are these the overlay style that fit over existing grills? If they are the latter I assume you guys just shrunk your openings a bit then?
Old 04-24-2009, 10:52 AM
TECH Addict

I got a set today...the parts guy at the local Pont dealer found a set for me somewhere. I had to pay out the *** for them (full list price!) but I got them!

Thanks for the help everybody.

Quick Reply: I need WS6 Hood Grilles ASAP...HELP!