Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

***Blackbird Lighting Solutions (BLS) 98+ Firebird Proj. Headlight Retro GP #2***

Old 04-17-2010, 08:19 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***Blackbird Lighting Solutions (BLS) 98+ Firebird Proj. Headlight Retro GP #2***

***Introducing Blackbird Lighting Solutions 98+ Firebird Projector Headlight Retrofit – GROUP BUY #2***

GP GOOD THROUGH APRIL 25th - Spots are limited!

I am pleased to offer the second GP for the BLS kit. Spots were unlimited on the first GP however only 10 kits will be available for this go around. Response from the first GP was fantastic and all orders are expected to be filled by the end of the month. The projectors used in this kit have become very popular within the retrofit crowd due to their size and performance.

After nearly 4+ months of development, I have designed the most powerful lighting system ever produced for the 98+ Firebirds.

Why these outperform other lighting choices on the market today:
I’ve worked with the lighting systems on the 93-97 Firebirds and have now ventured into the 98+ model. The product you see here is the result of 4+ months of non-stop research and development. Much of the components have been computer modeled to achieve exact specifications due to the tight tolerances of the factory headlight design. There is a reason a solution like this has never been available and I’m pleased to say the goals which I set to achieve have become a reality.

These lights feature:
- Optical technology from Hella – (Well known manufacturer of BMW, Mercedes and other headlight components)
- Custom designed mounting system for ease of installation and easy adjustment
- Custom thermoformed impact resistant projector covers
- Custom designed aesthetic hardware covers
- Entirely Plug-N-Play – No cutting, grinding, stripping or permanent modification

Other lighting options:
1) OEM Headlights – Horrendous light output compared to 99% of other new cars produced today.

2) Sealed beam headlight upgrade (Silverstar) – Marginally better than OEM with slightly better color however light output is still very poor.

3) Sealed Beam Conversion – Allows for more lamp options and typically used with coated halogen bulbs producing better but not ground breaking results. Light output sometimes can be worse depending upon the lamp chosen and the coating on the aftermarket lamp.

4) E-Code Conversion Housings – A costly conversion for “better” conversion housings but still lacking the focus and performance of a projector.

5) Sealed Beam Conversion w/ HID Kit – This has been the popular upgrade with the 98+ Firebirds. While it offers color and, perceivably, the light output they want; the light patterns are very uncontrolled. Many have commented on the beam patterns with these kinds of setups and the light output can be sometimes dangerous for other drivers. Many questions regarding blinding other drivers requires the recommendation to "lower them down" reducing the effectiveness of the headlight system to begin with.

6) Fixed Headlight Conversion – Certainly the most expensive option ($1K+) with questionable performance, fitment and love it or hate it styling. The low beam uses a DOT approved non-projector housing which will not have the performance of a quality projector.

The BLS Kit Difference:

The color everyone wants – 5000K 55W Kit Pictured

Light intensity in the beam – Look at the ground and how well illuminated it is.

Low Beam Cutoff – Low on the driver side to not blind oncoming drivers, high on the right to give you farther distance.

Light Output at 50’ – Width and light intensity are like night and day

Light output at 30’ with High/Low Beams On – Light spread is more pronounced the farther away you are but nothing will hide from these while they are on.

Installation:
An installation CD will be packaged with each kit and if you can install a new lamp in your car, this will not be much harder. Simple hand tools are the only requirement and will be outlined in the instruction manual so you have just what you need. Tolerances are very tight on these vehicles in the headlight area however these were designed to fit perfectly. The second picture shows that there is plenty of clearance with the front bumper since it appears closer than it really is in the first picture.

Lens to bumper clearance:

Adjustment:
To adjust the lights, it requires no extra work than how you already adjust your factory headlights. Adjusters can be accesses in the same positions as the factory points so no shroud cutting or disassembly is required to adjust the projectors.

Aesthetics:

Comparison from stock lamps to the BLS kit

Stock

BLS Kit

Customer Pictures

LS1Tech Member W/ BLS Kit

What You Get: Special Group Buy Pricing

Intro Kit: Low Beam Only - $500 shipped - Offered to those currently using a HID kit. New lamps required. (PM me for international shipping charges)

- Hella DOT/SAE 60mm Projector Low Beams
- Aluminum Mounting Frames
- Main Protector Cover Lenses
- Acrylic Hardware Cover
- Stainless Hardware
- Projector Specific HID Lamps
- Detailed Instruction Guide CD

Standard Kit: Low Beam Only - $550 shipped (PM me for international shipping charges)

- Main Protector Cover Lenses
- Acrylic Hardware Cover
- 55W Slim HID kit with Ballasts/Bulbs
- Stainless Hardware
- Upgraded HID Relay Harness with Plug-N-Play Connectors

Premium Kit: Low & High Beams - $875 shipped (PM me for international shipping charges)

- Hella DOT/SAE Projector High Beams
- Main Protective Cover Lenses
- Acrylic Hardware Cover
- 55W Slim HID kit with Ballasts/Bulbs – Low Beam Only
- 65W Halogen lamps with Ceramic PnP connectors (Different lamps available at slight additional cost)
- Stainless Hardware
- Upgraded HID Relay Harness with Plug-N-Play Connectors

HID Color Options (Low Beam Only)
4500K – White with slight hint of yellow
5000K – Bright White with touch of blue at the cutoff - Standard
6000K – White with Blue Tint
8000K – “Iceberg” Blue

Halogen Options (High Beam Only)
Optional Lamp Choices - Extra Charge Applies (Kit will include standard halogen lamps)
Yellow All Weather - 55W - $30
Ultra White - 55W - $30
Pure Blue - 65W - $40
Titanium White - 65W - $55

Group Buy Info:
The Group Buy will last through April 25th or until I receive at least 10 orders. Construction time is 3-4 weeks depending upon projector availability. A new shipment of projectors is due to arrive in May.

If you would like to purchase the BLS kit, please PM me with the title "I WANT THE BLS KIT" and I will send you the payment information.

Last edited by BLSolutions; 04-24-2010 at 07:03 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What kits are most people Purchasing? The Low beams only or the Low and High Beam kits?? Also, Would it be possible to purchase the low beam kit now and purchase the high beam kit later??
Old 04-17-2010, 11:09 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Cheetoh
What kits are most people Purchasing? The Low beams only or the Low and High Beam kits?? Also, Would it be possible to purchase the low beam kit now and purchase the high beam kit later??
Most are purchasing the standard kit with the low beams only however the ratio is actually fairly even.

3 out of 5 customers purchase the standard kit.

High beam availability will be based on projector availability however I will work with those customers who have purchased a kit from me to complete their set if they choose at a later date.

PM me if you would like the payment information and thank you for your interest.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I highly recommend this kit. Brian did a great job, everything is high quality and the installation is super easy.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:11 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I could have sworn I replied to this thread, but obviously it isn't here. I'm in and already shot you a pm. I just need to decide on what bulbs I like.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

PM sent Brian. Pics look awesome too.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im in. Ill send a PM soon.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:32 AM
FormerVendor

All PMs returned!
Old 04-18-2010, 09:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

These look great. Do you make them for C5 aswell?
Old 04-18-2010, 09:25 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by tasilver
These look great. Do you make them for C5 aswell?
Thank you for the compliment. I do not make these for the C5 but check out the vette forum. There is a guy who makes two really great setups. The fixed headlight version uses the same projectors as the BLS kit.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. I don't really like the fixed lights. If you ever start making these for C5's I am sure they would sell. If I still had my TA I would have bought these. Good luck with GP.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:03 AM
j0n
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by tasilver
Thanks for the info. I don't really like the fixed lights. If you ever start making these for C5's I am sure they would sell. If I still had my TA I would have bought these. Good luck with GP.
Sending PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:27 AM
FormerVendor

ALL PM'S RETURNED! - Spots still available
Old 04-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Banned

got any fog light plans or options. i dont want a real nice head light look with **** fogs. lol
Old 04-20-2010, 12:15 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
got any fog light plans or options. i dont want a real nice head light look with **** fogs. lol
I have good ideas but nothing production ready at this time. Mounting is the biggest issue as the wiring is pretty simple. A good option seen in one of the customer pics above uses HIDs in the stock fogs which looks nice. Stock fogs will be rendered useless with the BLS kit in use but I know the look is important.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bump for a good product.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:32 PM
Staging Lane

Has anyone ever had any moisture issues with this kit? It looks top of the line Amazing. I have retrofit HID's in my high beams low beams and fogs but not projectors. They really do sharpen the beam pattern. I wish I had the money now but I don't.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:45 PM
FormerVendor

All PM's returned! Thank you - Still some spots left!!
Old 04-22-2010, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

PM sent.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:34 AM
FormerVendor

Happy Friday Everybody! - All PM's Returned!! - Only a few spots left

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ***Blackbird Lighting Solutions (BLS) 98+ Firebird Proj. Headlight Retro GP #2***