Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

need to find the best wax out there!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010 | 08:52 PM
Staging Lane

Default need to find the best wax out there!

Well I'm trying to find a new wax and sealer that actuly last better than mothers I have a black ta and a black silverado they both have a lot of fine scratches and swirls I'm lookin for something that gives that deep wet look and will last past one wash I'm open to anybodies opinion what will work the best with black and where can I pick it up thanks!
Old 05-25-2010 | 04:18 AM
Staging Lane

Anyone?
Old 05-25-2010 | 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

zainos has been known to outlast its competitors. wolfgang paint sealant is also one of my favs along w/ ShowroomFXs black crystal carnauba creme
Old 05-25-2010 | 12:28 PM
TECH Addict

Read thru the detailing products forum here as well as the other areas: http://www.autopia.org/forum/
Its like Coke and Pepsi, you'll get a lot of answers and a lot of them are real good, is anyone the best, who knows? I use Pinnacle Sovereign which is super easy on and off, great for a deep red finish but like others, it has its pros and cons. YMMV
Old 05-25-2010 | 12:54 PM
On The Tree

I have a detailing friend who does alot of high end work and uses swissvax concorso. super high end wax.. makes lambo's ferrari's etc. look even more amazing. Otherwise.. I like the zaino stuff.. made my car look great.
Old 05-26-2010 | 01:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TrakJunky
I have a detailing friend who does alot of high end work and uses swissvax concorso. super high end wax.. makes lambo's ferrari's etc. look even more amazing. Otherwise.. I like the zaino stuff.. made my car look great.
Would that be little ol' me? LOL.

I LOVE Swissvax Concorso, but at $240 per pot + $80/bottle of the Cleaner Fluid its pretty pricey.

Here are a few that will get you the durability you want and a good look too.
-Zaino Z2pro and/or Zaino Z5pro
-Blackfire Wet Diamond
-Jetseal 109
-Wolfgang Sealant 3.0

If the swirls really bother you they will need to be removed, otherwise you are just covering them up.
Old 05-26-2010 | 01:13 AM
Staging Lane

yea im not that serious about waxing that i want to spend that kind of money but ive been looking into the adams products and i have alot of fine scratches and the spider web looking swirl marks not real noticeable untill you get up close

Trending Topics

Old 05-26-2010 | 01:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SuperSilverado_05
yea im not that serious about waxing that i want to spend that kind of money but ive been looking into the adams products and i have alot of fine scratches and the spider web looking swirl marks not real noticeable untill you get up close
Adams is decent. But its gonna cost you a few hundred dollars to remove the swirls, either paying someone to do it or spending the money on all the tools/pads/polishes to do it yourself. Adams is an easy system, but I think there is better stuff at the same price point.
Old 05-26-2010 | 01:18 AM
On The Tree

crazy as it sounds, i use toyotas sealent,you cand buy it at the dealer,you can see my car with,i love it and it lasts for about 4 weeks.
Old 05-26-2010 | 01:33 AM
11 Second Club

Zaino, hands down. My car was down for half a year during the rebuild, and the coats of Zaino applied months before the car died, are still on the car right now.

After at least 6 months, it still shines and water beads up perfectly. After it rains my car doesn't even have any water spots, it's just clean.

www.zainostore.com

Zaino Z2 and/or Z5 Pro, and Flash Cure would be the least you need. Flash cure makes it so that you can apply several coats within a few hours. Rather than waiting forever for one coat to dry.
Old 05-26-2010 | 02:03 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GoFast908Z
Adams is decent. But its gonna cost you a few hundred dollars to remove the swirls, either paying someone to do it or spending the money on all the tools/pads/polishes to do it yourself. Adams is an easy system, but I think there is better stuff at the same price point.
what would you recommend other than adams im a newbie to all of this im just trying to soak up all the info i can from anybody really because i dont want to do anymore damage to the paint than has already been done
Old 05-26-2010 | 10:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SuperSilverado_05
what would you recommend other than adams im a newbie to all of this im just trying to soak up all the info i can from anybody really because i dont want to do anymore damage to the paint than has already been done
Everyone is giving you good information with recommendation on good products.
I would suggest you start with proper paint care! This will make polishing, waxing easier & keep a shine. 2 bucket wash with a grit guard, wash mit, 100% cotton towels or microfiber towels that will not scratch, absorber, even a 200 MPH electrical leaf blower to final dry & Ca duster. You are going to have to prep the vehicles clay, wash, buff(to get fine scratches & swirls out) orange peel removal, sealant, wax, detail gloss enchancer spray.
Your vehicles are "Black" so you are going to have to spend sometime keeping fine scatches, swirls, dust, dirt etc... out of them. It's just the way dark colored vehicles are they show everything yet, when they are properly detailed they will shine like a diamond in you know what.
You want to soak up information just search here or do a internet search for car detailing site's/message forms.
Old 05-26-2010 | 11:23 PM
Staging Lane

if there was a book that would be alot easier and i wouldnt look so dumb for asking all these questions lol but thanks ive been searching everywhere for any tips or tricks anything really that might help
Old 05-26-2010 | 11:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Zymol Solaris - $30,000 or $45,000. I can't remember, but I bet it is the best.
Old 06-03-2010 | 03:51 PM
12 Second Club

I use Griots paint sealer and best of show wax. It works great!
Old 06-04-2010 | 06:46 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by pir7tr
Zymol Solaris - $30,000 or $45,000. I can't remember, but I bet it is the best.
Lol yeah that's the one. I actually use zymols cleaner wax and carbon wax myself. It lasts about 4 weeks for depth of finish and beeding is still going strong since the last wax before a car show in october last year. I love the finish it gives and its not too expensive. What are you washing the car with? That could be stripping off your wax too. I've been using ice, california gold, and something I can't remember the name of because its too expensive to buy very often for a car wash soap lol.
Old 06-04-2010 | 03:15 PM
TECH Regular

I also like showroom FX's Black Crystal Creme on my black WS6.

I like to put it on top of their sealant for ridiculous durability and deep shine.
Old 06-04-2010 | 04:44 PM
TECH Resident

i just used NXT tech wax 2.0 and i dont care for it, it has a nice shine but its a pain to get off the car and EVERYTHING smudges.

heres the thread of how it turned out
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...my-new-ss.html

but on a side note im going to be ordering some zaino next time and try it out.
Old 06-04-2010 | 09:01 PM
On The Tree

+1 for Zaino.......
Old 06-22-2010 | 07:14 PM
TECH Addict

Pinnacle Sovereign is pretty awesome stuff... pricey, but looks FANTASTIC on black cars!

Quick Reply: need to find the best wax out there!